What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Big Fuckin' Problems For Emeryseeds Customers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Here comes the fallout....

by Jodie Giesz-Ramsay (11 Aug, 2005)
Emery Seeds is out of business.

And the fall-out may be devastating ON MANY LEVELS.

Emery Seeds has been raided by the DEA.
YOU MAY BE IN DANGER. PLEASE READ THIS INFORMATION.

Keep up-to-date with discussion on this topic at this thread on the CC Forums.

Information Updated August 12th, 2005

UPDATE:

THIS IS VITALLY IMPORTANT.

When seeds were sent out in June, they took unusually long to get to people's places. Quite a lot of seed orders -- we're talking 200-300 letters here -- were being intercepted somehow, and held up.

What we believe is that the addresses on incoming mail sent to us were matched up with outgoing mail that had our return address. Those outgoing letters were sent, and held up.

Even if your seed order mail was opened, that is not enough to incriminate you for sending that letter. Nothing in our outgoing orders implies that you asked for when we're sending. Prosecution will require that those people who get the scam letter from the DEA incriminate themselves by agreeing that they wish to receive seeds, and through acknowldging the letter, prove that they asked for and paid for seeds.

It is our belief that emails sent to emeryseeds.com were insecure, and that outbound mail in June seems to have been intercepted and the information is being used to set up American and Canadian growers for raids and prosecution.

If you thought there was an unusually long delay in receiving any recent orders from the time you were aware it was sent, then it is very likely you are in danger, and should take appropriate action.

This is a regrettable discovery, and means the DEA and RCMP and perhaps other agencies are coordinating a massive round-up of both Canadians and Americans in a considerable escalation of the Drug War.

We will give you more information as it is cooberated.

We would like to express concern for all American and Canadian citizens. We have received many questions from people who have received messages appearing to be from Marc Emery Direct.

These are FAKE and DANGEROUS.
DO NOT RESPOND!

FAKE! DO NOT RESPOND!

If you received this same type of letter shown, YOU MAY BE IN DANGER. The Government may be trying to get you to "admit" through responding that you ordered seeds.

We have NOT sent out any information to our customers, as we do not retain their records.

BE EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS. We would warn any large-scale growers to IMMEDIATELY CEASE YOUR OPERATION.

DO NOT GIVE ANY INFORMATION TO THIS GROUP! WE BELIEVE IT IS DEA TRYING TO DO A MASSIVE BUST ON GROWERS.

Be extremely cautious when dealing with marijuana seeds, and to be on the lookout for any scams or stings seeking donations or information.
It might be best to refrain from buying seeds at any and all outlets and online businesses, whether in Canada or the USA. The US government and DEA are waging war, and many hundreds of people can still be implicated.

Marc Emery Direct Seeds is closed for good.

There are no refunds.

There are no records.

We have, however, managed to returned a number of orders that were in the mail boxes (the addresses provided in our catalog and online) with RTS - return to sender - in black marker on the envelope. Hopefully this means those people are not in any trouble, but we want everyone to be extra careful regardless.

Please report any scams to Jodie@cannabisculture.com.

The only ways to contribute to our aid is through the steps outlined here.

DON'T RESPOND to any mail or email claims from anyone posing as Marc Emery Direct! We will convey all legitimate information to our people through Cannabis Culture Online and the Marc Emery Direct Seeds website.

DO NOT RESPOND TO ANY MAIL ABOUT SEEDS.

I want to clarify that the DEA took photos of the unopened envelopes in two mail box addresses, neither of which were the BCMP store or CC magazine. They were not allowed to open mail. Therefore, anyone who did not put their address anywhere on the outside of the envelope will likely not receive this DEA mail. (Please let us know if you do.)

THE DEA HAS OFFICES IN VANCOUVER. Do not think that the DEA cannot do this from within Canada. The Vancouver Police are, and I quote, "working hand in glove with the DEA" and "fully cooperating together".

There is no address given on the DEA form, but they ask you to send a Western Union or Money Gram of $100 to "SAMANTHA CHRISTIE" or "THOMAS CHAMBERS" or "SAM WOODCHUCK" etc. "in VANCOUVER". They all tell you to use the code word "SWAP". They say you should not use a PO box in your address -- the reason being, they can't search a PO box for grow ops.

WESTERN UNION HEADQUARTERS is working with the DEA. WE KNOW THIS. That's why they ask you to use it. When you send a Western Union, you have to show ID, you give your home address, phone number, location, everything the DEA needs to find you. And anyone using the key word SWAP... they'll have you right on the spot.

Let me explain why this is likely DEA, and not just a scammer.

The DEA was photographing all mail sent to the two addresses given in (a) the seed catalogue and (b) at the Emery Seeds website, respectively.

In doing so, they could record all of the return addresses on those pieces of mail, whether we picked them up (pre-raid) or not (post-raid).

Now, they can't "prove" that these pieces of mail are seed orders. They can't see inside. Maybe it's just fan mail.

What they can do is send their own mail to all of those addresses, with a letter included (the one we have posted everywhere) posing as Marc Emery Direct.

If some unsuspecting customer of ours gets that letter, they will:

a) go to Western Union or get a Money Gram to send $100 to the name of the person on the letter (of which we have three "identities" documented so far);

b) show their ID and fill out all of their personal information on the Western Union form to send payment (the $100 the letter asks for);

c) they will write down "SWAP" as their password, as insisted by the letter;

d) they will send their wire to the name on the letter -- pre-determined names set by whatever group is behind this; and

e) they will then send an email to MEDmarijuanaseeds@yahoo.ca with:

-(i) confirmation of their order, of which we really didn't send out or keep (most people just waited by their mailbox),

-(ii) the money control number used by the other end to pick up payment (so they can pick up your information with it),

-(iii) the name used to both order seeds and to send the wire, and

-(iv) the amount of money transferred (which will always be $100 minimum, as requested in the letter).

So, the only people to get this letter in the mail are people who ordered seeds from us through the mail.

There is no proof from the outside of the envelopes that they are seed orders... unless the sender responds to the mail sent to them by someone posing as Marc Emery Direct.

When someone responds to this letter, it confirms that YES, they did order seeds. They clearly did, because they wouldn't have the right name or the password or the location from the letter otherwise.

And once you DO send that $100 to them with "SWAP" as the password, and all of your information on that form (and they ask you to NOT use a PO Box, but to use your home address, for what reason, we've already made clear)... then they've got you.

Also, the use of capital letters is a "legal thing". The system of Roman contract/admiralty law doesn't recognize lower-case letters and for a "name" (that is, a series of letters associated to a "person") to be legally applicable, must be in all upper case.

For this reason, all court documents, etc. use upper case exclusively. If you are ever filed with legal documents that spell your name as "Joe Blow" and not "JOE BLOW", they can be thrown out of court because you can claim (legally and rightfully) that the name on the document does not apply to you.

To get around this the first thing they try to do is get you to acknowledge that you are "Joe Blow" and from then on you're pretty much screwed.

This is no conspiracy theory. There is NO WAY that anyone would have access to our mailboxes or our database, which was destroyed. No way, unless they were taking photos of the mail sent to us. Which they were doing, and they admit it.

We know that the DEA was taking photos of the orders sent to us for seeds.

We know that the DEA would love to have people "admit" they ordered seeds from Marc Emery Direct.

We feel very strongly that this is Law Enforcement trying to sweep up a lot of our customers, many whom are growers.

DO NOT RESPOND. DO NOT SEND MONEY. DO NOT SEND INFORMATION.

For more information and updates: www.cannabisculture.com

How Can You Really Help?

The recent attack by the USA and DEA on Marc Emery Direct Seeds, designed to destroy his ability to aid to the marijuana movement, also puts three people's lives at risk. They face extradition to the USA and life sentences for various charges.

We are building an impressive legal team to fight this. But there are many costs involved, and we know that over the next year and beyond this case will influence massive change.

We hope to continue helping our American, Canadian, and international friends who are in distress. We want to continue to fight the Drug War to the very end. But at this time, we need others to support us now.

You can donate by credit card by going to: Legal Defence Online Donations.

If you want to contribute to our legal fees, which will add up to over $100,000 in the next year alone, please send a check, money order, or cash to:

BCMP Bookstore
307 West Hastings st.
Vancouver, BC
V6B 1H6
Canada

If you wish to support POT-TV.net, because it receives no other revenue than your donations, please send a check, money order or cash to:

POT-TV
307 West Hastings st.
Vancouver, BC
V6B 1H6
Canada

If you wish to support the continued survival of Cannabis Culture Magazine, because it can no longer receive seed company advertising, it needs subscribers, advertising and donations immediately. You can send a check, money order or cash to:

CC Magazine
15 - 199 West Hastings st.
Vancouver, BC
V6B 1H4
Canada

People in British Columbia who can use a very lucrative TAX-CREDITIBLE RECEIPT can donate to the BCMP. The BCMP needs to pay for phones, office and our full time organizer and legal team co-ordinator KIRK TOUSAW, who, although called to the bar in both Canada and the United States, is working for food & rent money. He's a lifesaver, and the Party is made vital through your checks, money orders, and cash donations (under $100) to:

BCMP
307 West Hastings st.
Vancouver, BC
V6B 1H6
Canada

If you would like to send a check or money order directly to senior counsel of our legal team, send to:

John Conroy In Trust
2459 Pauline st.
Abbotsford, BC
V2S 3S1
Canada

Please also take the time to watch Marc Emery's public address on Pot-TV.

You can hear from Michelle Rainey, co-accused, in her appearance on the Marijuana News Global Report on Pot-TV.

There is extensive discussion and regular updates by Marc Emery and Kirk Tousaw at our CC Online Extradition Forum at the Cannabis Culture Forums.

Thank you for giving back to an organization that gave so much to the marijuana movement. Now we are in need, and we hope we have support in the world wide cannabis community.

G

man I am so happy I never ordered nothing from him....and so paranoid that I may never order from anyone ever again. Hell, I got enough different strains , I should never have to order again and can be self sufficient.That is a scary post Rez.......if you're one of ME's customers

G

Happily,I never ordered from marc,a long time ago afom did it for me,a long way away.
(Btw,the seeds were NEVER what I ordered.They were ALWAYS a substitution!)

It doesn't look good for marc,I'll say that....they are REALLY gunning for him,this isn't the first time the DEA's tried to get him extradited,but this time,from what I've read,he's 99% certain to be visiting the USA,and soon.

marc'd like to complicate and politicise the issue,but the truth is,
he broke (numerous) international laws by the fistful,and spit in the RCMP and DEA's faces.
And by being so blatantly unapologetic about it....not to mention totally alienating even the most liberal Canadian politicians with his shenanigans for too long to be tolerated any more....simply put,he wore out his welcome.

Nobody likes an agitator,especially when he's a douchebag.

G

Wow, that is scary! I'm definately buying clones locally for a while...

Seriously though Rez, you seem happier that Emery was busted than the DEA is... no pun intended. :joint:

G

Right OFF TOPIC,but I'll answer,This Time.

Einsteinguy said:
EG: Rez Get a grip on your Glee.

RD: No 'glee' here,just posting some news.
Don't try and spin it,you're talking to the Wrong Guy for that.

EG: Rez if you send clones out with wrong name how can anyone trust you?

RD: I did what I did because I had information about ff that most weren't privy to.
I CHOSE to send out (actually,have sent out) MY Clones.
Since I don't have to share my Parent Stock with anyone,and since that whole scenario,The Circle has tightened considerably,and I don't as much.

EG:I know no one has asked you about your Dishonesty.

RD: That wasn't dishonest,I knew beforehand that there was a problem,and I
took care of it before it started.
That's called 'covering one's own ass'.

EG: I know you say that you did it because you knew you were being scammed by a mentor.

RD: Then why question me?
Is it a boring night at home,so you decided to come post a bunch of
off-topic questions about a bunch of old shit in a thread that this
has nothing to do with?

EG: Just doesn't sit right with me.

RD: That doesn'[t concern me,as your approval,or lack thereof,won't cause me to lose any sleep.

EG: If Rez had reason to believe mentor on site is not as he seems should he tell us ?

RD: When my suspicions were confirmed,it was dealt with by admin. quickly and efficiently,for the benefit of all,not just you.
Read the whole fucking drama,it'll keep you happy and you won't see the need to create any by making asinine,off-topic fucking posts.
In the future,any more dumb fuckinb Q's like this MUST be posed by PM,where I'll IGNORE them.

Dumb shit like this won't get you banned,but it won't make you any fucking friends,either.

Last edited:

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
Motherfuckers.

Let's hope the investigation stops there. People who have this much over their head like to talk. I hope he stays true to himself through all this.
It's a sickening feeling tho.

Glad I never did business with them. I think we need to look at the way orders are placed, do a process security audit if you will. We gotta stay 2 steps ahead of these swine.

m

G

dreamdust said:
Seriously though Rez, you seem happier that Emery was busted than the DEA is....

I'm not happy about it,I'm pragmatic.

If you go looking for trouble,you find it.
emery's BEEN looking.
He found it.

I don't like him,personally,but I don't want to see him jailed,by any means.

Ciao!

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
All Rez did was post the article, I thank him for that. Christ we need to know about this shit. He also provided a subjective view on why he thought Emery got pinched. Shit doesn't have to be lolliepops and gumdrops all the time. It seems like you're just looking for an excuse to go and stir the pot.

m

toofat

Instead of starting shit we need to pay attention to what is going on with this hobby of ours. I have never ordered from ME, but I know peeps who have. I will be letting them know about this new developement ASAP, as should all of us that know someone that have ordered from this guy. :chin:

G

I have but I no longer hold that Safe Addy, House, Computer, or Internet Provider and it was a few years ago. I'm still a bit nervous.

Einsteinguy

Sorry Rez
Had that question on my mind for a while and it came out in wrong thread.
Your anti ME stance that wrap arround comment got my mind wirling.

know my spelling sucks , I'm a Math Physics Guy.
And yes I do go to the bookstore the old fassion way.

hope I add to this site and not just another troll.

Einstein :badday:

Last edited:
G

HeHeHe

HeHeHe

You stepped up .....You got spanked .......And now you're apologizing?? I'm betting those books have spines (unless you DL'd them on the net). I'm getting a picture and figure in my head. Printer Paper to swipe Copyrighted material $20- Ink for same $5 -Folders $.75 Rent In Moms basement $0 Electric Included = $25.75 (based on 5 books valued at a conservative $15 per Hard Copy is $75 US) Chance For Herb to goof on EinsteinGuy = Priceless :pointlaug

Last edited:
G

It Figures....

It Figures....

emery and co. Taking The Low Road....

When the going gets tough,emery tries to scare others away from Overgrow,Seeds Direct,and Heaven's Stairway....

"If you are breaking the law, the police might be onto you, regardless of whether you ordered seeds from Emery, or from his competitors such as Gypsy Nirvana (Seeds Direct), Heaven's Stairway, etc.

(And by CLEARLY attempting to screw his
(self-proclaimed,and still in business)
'competitors' by naming them,above,makes him a BIGGER ASSHOLE!)

If you grow plants that look like cannabis anywhere in the US and other parts of the world where cannabis is illegal, the police might be onto you, whether or not you ever ordered seeds from anyone.

"I'd guess that anybody who advertises cannabis seeds on the Internet or in a magazine, and their customers, could be a DEA target, whether they are located in Canada, England, Holland, wherever," explains an American grower. "If you buy pot seeds from anybody who has a pot seed internet site, you take a risk. It isn't just people who bought from Emery....."

and more....

"It's hard to tell how reliable these reports are. The DEA itself has been known to lie, and it might surprise people to know that the seed business is seedy, with lots of backstabbing that has often involved sleazy spammers placing false negative postings on the Internet about Marc Emery in order to harm his business and activism."

and more....

"Others have reacted by applauding the arrest. There are some marijuana websites, such as www.overgrow.com, where people who claim to be marijuana users celebrate Emery's demise.
Funny that these so-called potheads say the same things about Emery that DEA agents have said. Some of them might be DEA agents. When people are on internet sites using fake names, they can be or say anything they want."

then,to incite MORE FEAR:

"It is very likely that the DEA, in alliance with the worldwide police state, is monitoring every website related to freedom, including cannabis seed websites."

Once an asshole,always an asshole.

Link:
http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/4468.html

G

man that CC website sucks a big fat cock, those people are ridiculous...clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...i like OG a lot i can't believe they are connected...the real question is will emery be segregated from the prison population because of his genital herpes or will he be allowed to share that will all the thugs who will be poking him in the ass? LOL...

G

This is scary shit!!!! If the DEA can walk into Canada and just atke him because they want to, whats to stop them after that? When will it end? What will they want next? OUR OIL? Lumber? Fresh water?
If they can bust Marc, whos to say they cant bust Gypsy? Or anyone else for that matter. It really has become "buyer beware"

G

Unlike marc,in Canada,
selling cannabis seeds in Holland and the U.K. is 100% LEGAL,and (heavily) TAXED.
The difference?
Gypsy does TOTALLY legal business,marc did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts