What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*Blue Dream, 3.6Kw's, Coco... Making it happen.

rootfingers

:coffee: Yawn. Scratch. Lip smack.

Whauh whats that? Oh, CaliRaised through up some sick blue dream pics. Ok, lemme take a look...:canabis::bigeye:

:jawdrop:

Now that's a day starter right there.

robotwithdreams

Veteran
wow, holy shit, wow. You are making it look a little too easy.

I hope you dont mind if i shoot a couple questions at you.

How ofter were you running the drip during veg, flower?

Did you end up using that cal mag?

I think you mentioned you were gonna try rez's recipe. Did you stick to it when increasing strength of nutes? FOr xample, instead of 6/9 up it to 9/14?

smallfry707

how high are your lights , o ri mean hoods. im also curious to the densoity of the buds? Looks kick ass! plz post yields when finished. i have a side bet with a freind that your pulling atleast 500grams per light.

max_well

Beautiful looking grow!
Those are juicy colas! they look like they will be a breeze to manicure too... awesome calyx-to-leaf ratio. Seems like a high yielding, relatively quick finishing (for sativa traits), easy trim, and uber-danky strain... guess the name 'dream' is quite fitting.
Couple of inquiries: I see you stopped co2 supplementation about week 5.. I know some like to take it 1500ppm all the way to flush.. did you do this to ease up on electric consumption, or because you don't find it beneficial any later than that?

Are the ppm measures you give on the 0.5 or 0.7 scale? going to 1300 would seem high if you're talking in 0.5 scale terms..
Also it's been my impression that the 6/9 Rez / H3ad's Gh formula for coco was not a ratio, but more of a set formula to follow (as in the Lucas formula).. Seems like ramping the ppm with these ratios did very well for you.. Did you add koolbloom at a few discrete feedings as the Rez model suggests?

Nice work my friend, good luck the rest of the way.
Max

arspoetica

Questions for CaliRaised...

Questions for CaliRaised...

First off, superb grow. I bow. Second, a few questions: How did you anchor the PVC that held your trellis, so that the PVC pipes were stabilized? Related to this question, why did you employ a trellis
(to support the massive buds?) and then consider a second level of trellising? And for somebody like myself (growing in soil) are there other ways of getting the effect you were wishing to get from the trellis, but through other means--and if so, what might I consider? (I won't be waiting as long as you did in veg--just a few more days until they get to 10 to 12 inches, and once they stretch will trim the bottoms (lollipopping). Appreciate a response, CaliRaised--or from anybody here with thoughts about the questions I'm raising. Thanks...

G

guest5703

Yea Zoo, a friend of mine says the blue dream is the shit, I think I even smoked some he grew once and it was an awesome blue smell/flavor.

Great work Cali, those looks enormous! Super dank, PEACE

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Cali -Raised - Great job on the grow and the room. Gotta love the BD!

Zoo - Whats up brother! PM me if you get a chance. I will throw up some pics of my monster BD bush later on. The smell and high are simply the chapagne of herb!

Great job again Cali Raised. Respect.

Props nice dream.......Its a great clone for anyone like me not in cali LOL ......in cali you gotta give the shit away Im told,Its everywhere :prettyplease:

robot- thanks, right now i am running 2-week old clones, i super-cropped all of the Barney's l.s.d. and bubba kush clones at day 7 of veg under the t-5's. i started the clones with 1/2 strength res plan with some atami root juice. Just started full strength Res. formula + always add 2mg/gal of Cal-Mag to any RO water. I will probably keep them at 6/9 since most of most colas were so big anyway. In the end i flushed them with gh nectar and bonticare sweet citrus for flavor- 5 days, then 2 days of just florakleen. the clones have been under the big lights for a few days now and there blowing up, ill probably switch to flower soon. I am dripping with one 2gph head per plant for 2 min 2 times a day. i will steadly increase to 2 minutes 5 times per day during full flower.

smallfry- i like to keep the reflectors at least 12" from any flowers, the air-cooling is very effiecent so i can usually pull 70% of heat from the bulbs without burn. Right now i have them 24-30" from the young plants. Not real sure on the yield yet, looks like expected, the blue dream has large nugs but not so dense.

maxwell- yes the bd has an excellent calyx to leaf ratio, a breeze to trim but not the most "chronic" smell. I supplement co2 until week 5 at 1200ppm, i stopped because i was unable to control the rooms humidity unless i scrubbed the room with outside air. this time i will run the CO2 until i begin to flush. i don't know much about the CO2 scale... i did not really change the res ratio i just ran the koolbloom everyday of flowering starting around day 20, i don't see why the do not need it every time.

arespoetica- i tried to employ the trellis systems in the beginning by securing the pvc to the tables and hung the 4" garden trellis, the bd's cola's quickly grew to long for the support of the trellis, i removed it and tied each branch individually with bamboo stakes and ties. this is what i will be doing in the future. i would not wait much longer to do any cropping to the plants. i like to top the clones earlier in vegetation to insure longer flowering arms 12"+ per branch rather than 4 densely grouped buds. I will be flipping these to flowering when their leaves are touching on the sides, full canopy.

everyone else... here are some new pics of the clones, dried buds, have not yet calculated yield, it is all medical quality minus 10% mold from giant colas.

plant002.jpg

plant003.jpg

plant004.jpg

plant006.jpg

plant010.jpg

plant013.jpg

plant016.jpg

plant017.jpg

plant020.jpg

plant023.jpg

plant026.jpg

plant027.jpg

plant031.jpg

plant032.jpg

plant034.jpg

plant039.jpg

G

guest5703

OMG DUDE!!! You seriously have one of the nicest, if not the nicest room I've ever seen. Sulfur burners, drying nets, is that a dehuey or something, that big box on the ground?? You are rocking it hard bro!!!!!! Jeez man I thought your last run looked tight, this looks like it'll be even better! Hope you don't mind but I took a couple of your BD full bloom shots and posted them over in San Diego's Finest Cuts thread, I fully gave you credit and just wanted to show what the BD is capable of!!!

I am on the hunt for this girl atm, already got a couple cuts of her, but maybe I'll get more from another source to be sure it's the real deal. Anyways, great job dude, this run looks like fuuuun! PEACE