What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need Advice on Cooking w/ Hash. Hard Candy, Tootsie Rolls?

synax

Your last run is insane. I have a little over 2.7 grams left so if this didn't work I'm gonna try the pre-heat a bit longer or hotter to try and activate the THC as they recommend to do with bud when making tincture.

I feel a bit of a buzz already, nothing too strong - I need to get a hash pipe so I can test this bubble hash against some Moroccan I picked up awhile back.

So out of curiousity, how much leaf/bud did it take to make that 150g of ISO hash?

uh oh :yoinks:......someones about to feel the wrath of the tootsie!:woohoo:

the taste is growing on me too.....they really are pretty tasty & its not much to eat anyways

my iso ones are so stong Im down to taking 1/4 tootsie at a time...hits in about an hour, last about 3hr (& this is Mr weekend talking).....the iso ones cant be messed with....hope the bubble ones turn out as good!

picture of my last run

synax

Why are you using cannabutter and hash? I didn't get to it yeasturday, mabey today. Im not plannin on using any of my cannabutter.... just bubble hash. Hash should be enouph right? So.... how did it turn out Synax?

I was of the thought, if they are stronger then I'll have more doses thus the cannabutter - no reason other than that.

synax

WOW, my whole body just got numb - got a wave of the tingles. Can still feel some pain in my neck. Not quite as strong as my cookies yet but this is the first time I've eaten hash... Typically edibles take about 2hrs to fully kick in for me and I'm at about 1hr 15min. So we'll see how this ride goes.

synax

I was just reading on cannabrex's website (they make the pill mixture) that to activate (Decarboxylation) the weed they recommend putting the material in a sealed jar and boiling it with their oil for 30min. I've been doing quite a bit of research on making tincture and everyone talks about the activation time. I think I'm gonna give their recommendation a try instead of baking at 200 for 20min. See if there is any difference for the next batch :)

synax

2.5hrs in - feeling really good, its not a solid stone - comes in waves sometimes hitting very hard for 5-10min.

synax

Sorry I didn't post back the other night. Things went well, I was feeling good for about 3hrs then smoked a bowl and I was at a new level of high. I could barely keep my eyes open and slept like a baby for the first time in a long time. I woke up stoned the next morning - it wore off about an hour into things.

I had one today at 330p, it kicked in about 430 and wore off about 730. So they are good for about 3hrs. But all in all, for $2 in hash or .1g it works really well.

I didn't smoke any of this bubble hash so it may not be the best. I guess I should try that tomorrow.

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
I made my canna butter today. I put 1 lb butter (4 sticks) in a crock pot on high. After the butter had melted, turning it to low, I added 4 grams of 73 micron bubble hash. Simmered for 2 hours.

Think the ratio will be potent enouph for the tootsie rolls?

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
so one gram of bubble per stick of budder? seems like alotta budder for the tootsie roll recipe - could be worng tho

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
I made a bunch of cannabutter for other things Im planning on making. Im going to be making some canna fudge and mabey canna mounds.

I just looked back at Ms. Weekend's recipie. It calls for 1 tblsp butter per 1lb or 100 tootsies. I wonder if I just sprinkled the hash into the melting tootsie roll, would that work well enouph? How much bubble hash do ya think?

synax

I made a bunch of cannabutter for other things Im planning on making. Im going to be making some canna fudge and mabey canna mounds.

I just looked back at Ms. Weekend's recipie. It calls for 1 tblsp butter per 1lb or 100 tootsies. I wonder if I just sprinkled the hash into the melting tootsie roll, would that work well enouph? How much bubble hash do ya think?

I used 2g bubble hash to 20 tootsie rolls and they work quite well. Not as strong as I would like but 2 seems to do me well.

I think next time I'm gonna pre-cook the butter/hash mixture longer next time. I'm also gonna use the cannabrex method which is to put the mixture into a sealable glass jar and just boil the jar for 30min. Once I find a jar/vile small enough for this I'll post my results...

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
Yea, thats what I was figuring.... I think tomarow I'll simmer a couple grams of bubble with a couple tablespoons of butter and add that to the melting tootsie rolls.

synax

Well, I made a second batch with 3g the other night and I accidentally got water into the boiling butter/hash mixture - this made the tootsie rolls a bit too gooey and I have to keep them in the fridge. But I would have to say boiling the butter/hash mixture for 30min seems to be stronger than cooking it for 20 at 200.

Now its time to find a good homemade tootsie roll recipe so I can do this all from scratch.