What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tincture recipes

Bedlamite

After I read your post I checked with the Class teacher. I had it wrong. She steeps it 3 times to get the "GREEN" out. I used to climb, so I thought I knew what steep was. I think I'll sit through the class again. For those who don't know, steep is where you get the water hot, remove from heat and soak your leaf in it until it cools. No boiling.
Thanks for the help.

M

medi-useA

just like making a cup O tea!
hehehe

I steep using a heat pad....works well too! :)

muA

slowandeasy

Veteran
Medi,

MCT oil is used by body builders and given to infants who cannot absorb nutrients into the body well. It is derived from Coconut Oil, and works great. MCT oil is totally fat soluable, yet the body processes it like a carb. So it hits you faster and harder. I find the MCT oil pills have an uppy, happy, euphoric feeling. Tincture is a little more chill for me. Both work good, just depends on what you like.

M

medi-useA

Thanks slowandeasy...is MCT oil sold over the counter, say @ chemists or health food store, etc...?

Would a coconut oil from a supermarket work?

I've found the glycerin tinc's sweetness unpalatable.

muA

slowandeasy

Veteran
Ordered online myself from a vitamin store. Coconut oil will work also, but it is processed like a fat. Your body takes longer to absorb and process it. MCT oil is absorbed like a carb, much faster and stronger. You can also take a supplement with it, that makes it more potent. Pills done right and taken right dosage are really good.

noncombustion

Water temp?

Water temp?

After I read your post I checked with the Class teacher. I had it wrong. She steeps it 3 times to get the "GREEN" out. I used to climb, so I thought I knew what steep was. I think I'll sit through the class again. For those who don't know, steep is where you get the water hot, remove from heat and soak your leaf in it until it cools. No boiling.
Thanks for the help.

Hey, what temp water was used in this method and was it hot enough to decarb? thanks!

noncombustion

even better than everclear

even better than everclear

I stumbled upon something called rectified spirit at a liquor store and it is actually 192 proof so a tiny bit more efficient than the higher proof everclear on the market. It is just flavorless:smokeit::eggnog: grain alcohol highly distilled (HA! well you know, flavorless as "household solvent" grade liquor gets . It's called spirytus rektyfikowany as it's from poland. Good shit and only $17.95 usd a fifth! Lucky find for me on that one, I had searched many liquor stores only turning up 151 proof and under alcoMohl before this one. The brand name of this stuff is Polmos.

noncombustion

Ordered online myself from a vitamin store. Coconut oil will work also, but it is processed like a fat. Your body takes longer to absorb and process it. MCT oil is absorbed like a carb, much faster and stronger. You can also take a supplement with it, that makes it more potent. Pills done right and taken right dosage are really good.
What is the name of the supplement and where can it be found for a good price? Thanks!

cfo

I took a good dose of my Green Dragon before going out to eat at a mexican restaurant last night for new year's eve. That was awesome! Me and my date went to a small town bar in Felton, MN to enjoy the local karaoke singers. I did my fair share of drinking at the bar and I feel great today. Having no hangover the next day is an added benefit of the Green Dragon.

Mr. Charlie

Hello, I am looking for a clear easy to understand glycerin tincture method. I am interested in material volumes and liquid volumes and the time involved. Cheers

slowandeasy

Veteran
I like to use BHO with the MCT oil. But if you do not want to do that, just warm material up to take the moisture out. Then grind it up really good, even use a clean coffee grinder if you have one or wanna buy one. Double boil the oil/bud mixture at 240 deg F for 40-45 min. Doing it this way makes more pills, but you are eating the material. If you use BHO, use same time and temps, it makes less pills...but are stronger.

noncombustion

So is pre heating unnecessary for bho then? I heard using a crock pot at 225 (oil temp) crock around 250 (both degrees F) i heard 2-2.5 hrs one time with moderate sucess then an 8 hr round with the same conditions with weak results. didn't prebake as for tincture, is this possibly the cause of weak caps or do you think the talk of long hours for increased potency to be false? and do you mean bubble or butane by bho? I almost assume it's bubble hash and if so that sux for me as I don't know any growers and live in a non friendly location so we don't have access to enough herb for makin hash.

Last edited:

slowandeasy

Veteran
So is pre heating unnecessary for bho then? I have tried using a crock pot at 225 (oil temp) crock around 250 (both degrees F) i tried 2-2.5 hrs one time with moderate sucess then an 8 hr round with the same conditions with weak results. I didn't prebake as I do for tincture, is this possibly the cause of weak caps or do you think the talk of long hours for increased potency to be false? Oh yeah I am only working with powdered plant matter of high quality (not "top shelf" but definately dank) and do you mean bubble or butane by bho? I almost assume it's bubble hash and if so that sux for me as I don't know any growers and live in a non friendly location so I don't have access to enough herb for makin hash. It's hard enough to scrape together enough tincture or whatever my current project is to medicate my back pain (disk space degeneration). I wish I could have enough to make some good clean bubble goodness to last for a long time but guess I better get out west for that! I am considering havin my friend make me some butane oil with an oz of best around for caps and tinc. Seems so much more effective without the extrA plant matter to digest!!

You overcooked it. At those temps you should have only did 1:30 hours. I like to do 40 min at about 240 F. BHO is butane honey oil. You do not have to decarb BHO, but nice dry material makes better oil. The BHO will get decarbed in the 240 F MCT oil that you mix it in. Your problem is your temps/time. You can do long periods at low temps, but 220 F will peak out at 1:30 max, then it will decrease in potency. Slightly higher temps and shorter time works better, if you are accurate.

Here is a chart that tells time/temp and potency. It is a huge factor in how well your product turns out.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=107780&highlight=decarb+temps&page=3

You can make the caps out of BHO or plant matter. BHO will be more potent, but make less caps. Plant matter will make more, but you have to take more and can be harder on the stomach. Try to taking Bioperine, a natural herb enhancer with them. Sp follow the chart next time, if you noticed less time was better for you already. Up the temps to 240 F oil temp for 40-45 min. That is it, dont overdo it. Hope that helps!

Latest posts

Latest posts