What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strain Guide Bug Reports/Problems

Skip

Veteran
Please report any bugs or problems you're having with the strain guide here.

http://www.icmag.com/modules/ICStrainguide/index.php?eop=showstrain&id=2156

The "Breeder" link in a lot of cases takes you a search page because it's not linked up properly. I can see where the problem comes from. You leave it to the user to input the strain and breeder name.

For the Strain Guide submission form, you should have drop down menus for the Breeder and Strain. Then a manual input if they don't see either the Breeder or Strain they are reviewing. I understand that creating a Breeder category with the seeds under that breeder is extra work, but just putting a drop down box for all the Breeders currently stored in your database really shouldn't be extra work.

This is going to cut down on your maintenance time as well. :)

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In the "my strains" list, I have deleted one strain, only because when I entered it the first time, it showed up twice. I thought, maybe I had entered it twice on accident, but then realized another strain I entered has shown up twice as well in the list....

Not sure what is up with that...

dank.Frank

Skip

Veteran
In the "my strains" list, I have deleted one strain, only because when I entered it the first time, it showed up twice. I thought, maybe I had entered it twice on accident, but then realized another strain I entered has shown up twice as well in the list....

Not sure what is up with that...

dank.Frank

Frank check My Strains. See if one of each dupes is showing up as "deleted". The system doesn't actually delete the strain completely, only deletes it from public view. If two entries for the same strain that you entered are showing up in public view, let me know.

Skip

Veteran
http://www.icmag.com/modules/ICStrainguide/index.php?eop=showstrain&id=2156

The "Breeder" link in a lot of cases takes you a search page because it's not linked up properly. I can see where the problem comes from. You leave it to the user to input the strain and breeder name.

For the Strain Guide submission form, you should have drop down menus for the Breeder and Strain. Then a manual input if they don't see either the Breeder or Strain they are reviewing. I understand that creating a Breeder category with the seeds under that breeder is extra work, but just putting a drop down box for all the Breeders currently stored in your database really shouldn't be extra work.

This is going to cut down on your maintenance time as well. :)

Thanks for the suggestions. It could possibly work for the breeders but not for the strains. There's too many variations now, and we're looking mostly for new strains, not strains that are already in our database. For the grow reports that might work better.

In any case I review every submission and make corrections - which I have to do regardless, so it's no big deal to fix the breeder name when it's entered wrong.

If the guide were to get much busier I might consider automating more of it, but it's no big deal.

The real problem is determining whether a breeder is legit or not. That's why I've created the personal strain option for ppl who do breeding but don't sell the seeds.

BTW, that link you mentioned above for G13 x NYC Diesel, is that from the G13 Collection? I don't see it listed there or on Seed Boutique.

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Hey Skip....

I entered a grow report for Free Tibet a while ago.....but....when I click the breeder - Soma Seeds - from the "My Grow Reports" section....I get "Breeder Not Found".....and when I use the Breeder Directory....the Soma Seeds page has no S/Boutique entry for Free Tibet, and no mention of my Grow Report.

Any chance you could link this up?

Thanks.

spurr

Veteran
High Skip,

This isn't a problem per se, but it's a bug report :)

The description of Blockhead from Spice of Life at the ICmag Strain Guide, is inaccurate to what the original SOL Blockhead description was (see below). I think the original description does a better job describing Blockhead, IME anyway. I suggest changing to the original description.

Original:
This is a new addition to Spice of Life Seeds. The mother was selected from seed developed by one crazy yanqui. The exact origins are somewhat of a mystery. It is strong pot. The feminized mothers were fairly homogenous, although from several of the line, and another more extreme sativa. This mother had indica-like buds on a sativa sized plant. Crossed with the same SwT father as Sweet Tooth #3, I am sure you find it distinctly different from anything on the market. It should probably not even be on the market as it encourages psychosis. Not good for unstable folks! It has been known to magnify neurotic behavior.

ICmag Strain Guide: Blockhead from SOL:
This is a new addition to Spice of Life Seeds. The mother was selected from seed developed by one crazy yanqui. The exact origins are somewhat of a mystery. It is strong pot. The feminized mothers were fairly homogenous, although from several of the line, and another more extreme sativa. This mother had indica-like buds on a sativa sized plant. Crossed with the same SwT father as Sweet Tooth #3!

What do you think?

Thanks for your time :)