What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DINAFEM?

revcold

i have dinafem's Critical + and have been nothin but happy with it ...good yielder..grows at a nice rate ...clones in 5-6 days and is potent and nice tasting ...rotten fruit/skunk odor ...almost sickly smelling ...i also have their cloud nine ..the cloud 9 wasnt a keeper because it grows really slow compared to the rest of my strains ..has a nice smell and high ..just the yield and growth speed isnt up to par...

zeropercentthc

I've only had one freebie seed from them... feminized Roadrunner Auto. Did autoflower. But it was male. Not hermie... just male. I guess they're not very careful with their pollen?

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
So better get informed... maybe it's you, this seem to annoy you, it's fucked up but its true man, you are wasting your money LOL.
Dinafem aren't breeders at all, they're just birdseed merchants.
The problem with the cannascene today, is that people just don't give a damn about ethics and giving credit when credit is due. They are happy and satisfied as long as they get their huge potent buds in record times!

:

Wasting my money?! HA! My $60 worth of Dinafem Bluehash seeds produced nearly 4lbs of smoke worth $10,000 big fat samolees. Its hard to define that as "wasting money". Maintainance included throwing a handful of osmacote on the plants occassionally.

The basis for our disagreement is your "ethics". I dont care where they got the seeds, who their girlfriend is or where they live. I care about how much the beans cost, their availability and their performance. PERIOD. I base every judgement i make on the results of Oct 1 and how much work it was to get there: nothing else.

Ive grown 3 mandala strains and i wasnt impressed.

Ace, cannabiogen and others just started making fems and i havent tried them yet. But frankly, if you review thier strain descriptions there are some concerns for the outdoor grower. They appear to me to be highly developed indoor strains that may not appreciate 55mph winds, hail, 100 degree temps, caterpillars and 2" grasshoppers. Their pricing is a bit high for unproven seeds in my book.

They need to give out freebies for a few months and let people see what they have.

P

pangolin

Ace, cannabiogen and others just started making fems and i havent tried them yet. But frankly, if you review thier strain descriptions there are some concerns for the outdoor grower. They appear to me to be highly developed indoor strains that may not appreciate 55mph winds, hail, 100 degree temps, caterpillars and 2" grasshoppers. Their pricing is a bit high for unproven seeds in my book.

That seems like a sweeping statement that is not accurate. There are many posts on this site and others that show strains produced by ACE and CBG are developed and grown outdoors...why not see the breeder's galleries? Their strains have been grown successfully in England and Northern Spain, places which aren't known for their ideal cannabis production climate. Referring to them as 'unproven' seems ridiculous frankly. Great that Dinafem works well for you but the guys in Spain like ACE and CBG are putting real effort into decent original strains with excellent potency and proper adaptabilty to a wide range of outdoor conditions...not at all 'indoor strains'

I've had several 'Blue Widow' beans and was able to find some GREAT phenos ;) I'll post photos soon. I keep a blueberry pheno for taste and smell and a White Widow Pheno for flower structure and the 'High'

I would assume many people are passing judgement on the one and only bean they got. It's hard to find the pheno you're looking for from one bean.

spring fed

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm having a difficult time culling any of my Critical + females. I don't understand all the negativity surrounding this company. What's the motive? They must have given out thousands of $ worth of free beans. I recently ordered a couple dinafem 5 packs, and I requested a dinafem freebie.
Birdseed, I think not.