What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AK47 Curling Leaves from sides... please Help!

pegacomoloco

I have this AK47, 2 weeks old, with curling leaves, what can it be?

Germination was excellent, soil is 35% from my garden (dried to the

sun, no roots , worms or anything), 15% worm compost, 20% normal

compost, 15% perlite and 15% vermiculite. Ph of water is unknown (I'm

using tap water).
Lamps are: 1 x DIY Led lamp (lots of red, lots of blue, plus white,

yellow and green, 216 leds total) and 1 x amber CFL.
No heat at all. Temp is around 20 celsius. The place is clean and

aired, but soil took several days to dry...
Any Ideas?
I don't have any more seeds and in my country is almost impossible to

get any well known strain.
(sorry about my poor english...)
Thank you !

pegacomoloco

Hello! I've put the little fan (9 volt pc fan, really soft air, no pressure at the plant at all) just to help dry the soil a bit (an hour and half) and then I realized it was nonsense. But the leaves problem started 3 or 4 days ago.

marrdogg

Veteran
Your first time dude? I would transplant into a name brand mix until I got the hang of things. You could have a plethora of issues just starting to vamp up. With a plant that small I know you could get a couple gallons ro water and start watering with that. You dont know whats going on with your water supply or anything with your mix. First time I wouldn't be so bold as to grab dirt out the yard add a few things and put my plant in, playing Russian roulette. Get quality soil transplant get ro water then work on some way to check your ph.
PEACE!

pegacomoloco

Thanks for the advice, this is my third grow, I had no major problems with the last two (a little nitrogen issue and spider mites sometimes but no more). You are right when you mention ro water and proper soil but in my country is really difficult to get the materials and tools. For example, the "best" commercial mix for gardening here is as shitty as the soil i had mentioned before haha. I'll try to get my water's ph balanced and think a way to get ro water. Thanks!

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
ive grown ak before ant the leaves can go like that when they are seedlings. they should be fine. it might be a strain thing.

ive grown ak before ant the leaves can go like that when they are seedlings. they should be fine. it might be a strain thing.

Yeah this. I've had the same experience. This is when the leaves go from "I'm growing" to "I'M GROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWIIIIIIIIING!" lol by the time they get bigger they will be flat. :) I have noticed the fan blowing direct makes this happen, but zero detriment.

The soil could be questionable, but I don't think the leaf twist is serious issue :)