What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

i thought i knew by now..

Aloha kids :tiphat:

All things first: plants grow, meds cost money, replace money by growing, if you spend more than youd pay, theres no argument to grow..

a bag of random seeds collected over the years and some t8's (did fine, will try 10w cobs for flower 'next time') 3$ bag of coco/soil and some pots/nutes from the shed and off we go

the virgin grow was a white widow all bondage'd down to fit right under the t8's, could call it a succesful first grow, frosted over but lacking smell and yield (never weighted it but id say 20ish grams) but no dead plants, no spiders, just nothing to be proud on..

second attempt went a bit better; popped another ww (or something related, i should label better..) and random bagseed that i suspected to be kush. ww seed grew out fine till 2nd week of flower and it gave up growing (no obvious problem found grr)
kush however looked like something to be proud on and yielded over 50gr not counting the fluffbunnytrash but again no taste or smell. i did produced one banana wich i used to impregnate itself and the ww (2 tops gave me about 20 seeds, fine by me :huggg:

now back to the present: i pulled 1 clone of the kush, 1 of the ww and popped one homemade seed, now about that seedplant:
i had the idea that a selfpolinated plant would carry a copy of itself, it has no other genetics to use? however its growing atm and its insane! :dance013: its growth rate, the number of leaflets (putting 9 on the 2nd set of leafs, instead of 3) however its still in veg mode, getting ready be bondaged but i noticed white hairs and the uneven shoots (idk how its called, the grow it grown in flower)

it is however around 3 weeks old from seeds, and still under 18h (now set to 24h, just in case...) with my lack of experience and knowledge it should stay immature for weeks to come? its mommy didnt start trowing hairs till after 2 full months

MicroRoy

If the bag seed was from an unstable strain or two. Every seed you pop from the self polonated seeds could be different.

another quick thing, how on earth do i get my avatar changed to something i want, i must be blind not seeing that option..

well it wasnt some brickweed, its all high quality stuff and some feminized seeds i picked up over the years, 'in case' id ever get crazy enough to start growing

can i read up about the genetic difference from a self polinated strain? or anyone to shed some light on it, i was thinking it was like a clone, but from seed

50 posts dude

another quick thing, how on earth do i get my avatar changed to something i want, i must be blind not seeing that option..

well it wasnt some brickweed, its all high quality stuff and some feminized seeds i picked up over the years, 'in case' id ever get crazy enough to start growing

can i read up about the genetic difference from a self polinated strain? or anyone to shed some light on it, i was thinking it was like a clone, but from seed

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
ditch the t8 and atleast use t5..ebay has awesome deals on em ....t8 is really only good for cloning ....yeehaw

Made the choice to go t8 for several reasons:

price: local store has t8 sets for 7$ while t5 is about 3x more to start with
temp: t8 has such a low temp i can let plants grow into them, thus the 10% loss is neglected by putting the light right on the plants

i do agree that they lack in flower, hence im slowing moving to led for flower, but in the end im still getting over a g/w, i just need to build experience and get it all dialed in, i got the basics down i think