What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Quick ?- Freezing seeds

Mr.Miner

Hello.
I have had them in the fridge for a couple of months now. They are in amber glass bottles with rice inside. Can I put them into the deep freeze? The average temp of the freezer is 0 degrees F, though it can get a little lower. Thanks for your help.

Dblbogey

I have had 20 yr old Sativa seeds in the freezer for several years of the last 20, the fridge, and out on the counter, in the basement, and everywhere in the house.

In July I got the urge to grow again when Pennsylvania took some steps to decriminalize in steps, the holy herb.

As a start, I threw some of the seeds I had for decades in some paper towels soaked in tap water, about 80 degree temps. So many of them cracked I had no where to put them and lost about 30 of them.

I would be very surprised if your seeds didn't come to life whenever you decide to crack them in the future.

Seeds seem nearly indestructible unless they are crushed. IMHO.

amanda88

sure maybe refresh the rice first, once you need to germ ..allow over nite on a bench so they de- thaw natural like!

Latest posts

Latest posts