What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1st grow. Lighting time problem.

khirmun

Hey
First ever trying to grow. An avid aquatic plants keeper so I got the lights, nutes down. Growing out auto white widow, auto CH9 Climax and fem northern lights. The problem is I can't keep the lights on 24/7 or 18/6. Due to regular loadshedding the only possible lighting period is either 12/12 or 12/3(Off)/3 (on)/3(off)/3 (on). Would that make my plant go hermie? I am afraid with 12/12 my NL would directly go into flower. I am using a mix of DIY LED panels. Three panels with total of some 330Watts.

Best luck with grow man! And keep it 12/12. Even tho its not enough but auto's are very forgivible. More you give, more you get. In your case you wont get as much as if keeping 18/6 or 20/4.Auto has certain life period, so would start to flower round week 4 anyway.. I would thought so you still grow it alright just gonna loose in yield

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
These are autos not photos.

You would be better off growing true photo types. Recommend you post or move this thread to the auto forum and get help there if you insist on autos. Running longer light cycle as 18/6 is better suited for autos but you may find someone more knowledgeable in that forumn who can tell you what to generally expect with 12/12

sssmdg

I have been growing auto's now for the better part of 2 years, allot of folks ask why, I have a 5x5x7 tent with 1000watt hps. I grow 9 plants in 7 gallon buckets, when I harvest 1 I plant another one.

My experience tells me 20\4 is the light schedule to use. Less light, less product, its that simple.

Can you grow them with less light, of course you can.

McKush has given you the best advise, if you can not provide 20\4 or 18\6 I would not waste your money on Auto's.

gardener60

I am a newbie correct me if i am wrong but i thought that the lighting didn't matter with auto's they are going to flower when they want.