What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

small grow tent light situation, help needed, total indoor noob.

DodoKing

thanks for the further infos everybody :)

quick question: whats the best way to determine what sex the plant has if I have a veg and a flower tent and use regular seeds, would I take cuttings from the veg-ing ones and put em into the flower tent?! I'm such noob, sry :D

DodoKing

or does it automatically show the pre-flower after a certain time of veg?! I only have outdoor experience and always thought that the pre-flower only shows when the summer ends...

Hovz

or does it automatically show the pre-flower after a certain time of veg?! I only have outdoor experience and always thought that the pre-flower only shows when the summer ends...

Yes you switch them to 12/12 to determine sex. The males will grow pollen sacks while the females will show a calyx with 2 small white hairs protruding from them. Discard the males and take clones of the females.

I run all full spectrum led and they are awesome! U can check them out here http://m.dhgate.com/search.do?key=Big4grow I have the 150w full spectrum rigs. Prices swing from time to time but usually run around $1 per watt. I have 600 watts in my 4x4x6. That's a good chunk of change to come up with just starting up. HPS are cheap and work great! I recommend getting one of those to start and when you get some extra cash to play with start getting led! I hang my led rig on only 2 points that way it hangs sideways and blasts the sides of the plant. The plant is sandwiched between em to get rid of any shadows. When the lights intersect it has a synergistic effect. I use to have a bunch of plants in my cab but it's a lot more work and u can get just as much if not more by doing 1 big plant. I'm getting around 1 3/4lbs per plant.
The better veg on a plant the better it will do in flower. If u want monsters like u are familiar with outside, u want a good sized container at least 7 gallon. U want to repot when u see roots peeking out of the drainage holes and before the roots coil around the bottom. Have it in the final pot a week or 2 before u put it into flower. So it has good roots established. I use Promix potting soil and Advanced Nutrients. U don't have to adjust ph with their nutrients, which frees up a lot of time for u to admire how beautiful your plants are �� and their Tec support is great! I used HPS for years and I love them, but these cobs are awesome my HPS is laying on the floor collecting dust hahaha hope this is helpful to ya best of luck!