What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is there a problem here?

treeOFthe303

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 12
1st thing i'd do here is check the weight of the pot to see if it's got too much water as the wrinkled leafs could be over watering. Maybe watered same plant twice, I've been there.
Is the plant black on the top? I see black but it could just be the photo. Is this plant closer to the light?. How is the humidity?

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
yes it seems like there's a serious problem. How long this have been going on?

Ur plants seems pretty big, and on the pics it looks like the whole plant is showing those symptoms.

1) have u sucessfully grow in this room before, using the same grow techniques?
2) is this organic soil growing method? If yes, have u run that recipe before?
3) Whats ur run off ph level?
4) Do u adjust a ph of the solution?
5) How many plants are showing this, how many are not?
the more infos u can provide, the better the help u will get.

Pro Headies

Veteran
Take a pic with hps off. Hard to tell since cant see color of leafs but looks like there hungry/deficient. Whats your soil mix/nutrient regiment and im assuming there in bloom and stretching since under hps?

treeOFthe303

Ok so the temps are at 81 right now. I run co2 and I also know that this plant (glass slipper) does well there. I've been using sensi grow at about 500 ppm. These plants went from 2g to 5g buckets last week. I decided to test great white so that was added at transplant. Some water fed others were root dusted. I haven't done a run off check yet but I feed in between 6.2 and 6.4. As you can see everything is nice accept for the tops. Humidity might be a little low at 60%? I have very good air movement as well. All plants have been taking water at a normal rate. They were just moved into the flower room but I have not switched yet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 12

treeOFthe303

Are there any bugs in the soil?? Are the pots drying out at a decent rate and are u allowing atleast 2 inches of topsoil to dry before watering???

yeah everything is good in this area. no bugs. 5 gallon buckets have been needing to be watered every 2 to 3 days as usual. tend to go by the weight of the pot as well as digging around the top with my finger.

treeOFthe303

I think I found the problem. Did run offs and the ph was super low. I even watered between 8 and 9 and it still came out 5. What should I do?

Dave Coulier

Veteran
I think I found the problem. Did run offs and the ph was super low. I even watered between 8 and 9 and it still came out 5. What should I do?

Did you use the NCSU pour-thru method for obtaining your soil solution? If not, I would remeasure after using their method. If pH is still high, you can A) Feed with a fertilizer that supplies most of its Nitrogen as Nitrate N, which will cause media pH to shift up slowly, but this will take weeks. B.) Water in flowable lime, but if used in excess media pH will become too high too quickly and you'll probably experience issues. If you have some well water high in Carbonates, that will act as a source of liming as well.

More here about Fertilizers & pH Interactions.

treeOFthe303

OK so heres the conclusion to this situation in case anyone would like to hear:

i was unsure about how the ph could get so low. I've never had that problem with how i do things and what i use. i grabbed some powdered horticultural lime [URL="http://www.fertilome.com/product.aspx?pid=bbdaac90-20dc-4221-97e9-5dc514b71198"]http://www.fertilome.com/product.aspx?pid=bbdaac90-20dc-4221-97e9-5dc514b71198
from a garden center and watered it in at the recommended dose. At about the same time this was going on my A/C electrical board went out and turned my A/C off. I had to turn all my ballasts down to 400w until i got the A/C fixed which ended up being about 3 days. The temps were fine on 400w but with the A/C off the humidity rose about 20%. The plants loved it and actually returned to normal. Once i got the A/C running again i turned all the ballasts back up to turbo. The temps were fine but the plants started drooping again on the tops. So i turned the ballasts back down and turned the A/C back off. Once again they returned to normal. I went back in and turned the ballasts all gradually up to 600w to see what happened. Everything was good even with the A/C off and the lights at 600w the temps and humidity were good. I left them running like that for a few days. Just yesterday i decided to randomly start turning ballasts up to 1000w a few at a time as well as turn the A/C back on. Everything has returned to normal and looking good. Not sure if it was the light intensity or the A/C bringing the humidity down too low.

Latest posts

Latest posts