What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Isopropyl Alcohol Hazards

mauricio

Hello Everybody

For those who are producing Hash with ISO, please review this carefully :eek:

http://www.vwrsp.com/msds/10/EM-/EM-PX1834P-1.pdf

Mentors/senior/experienced, please comments

Cheers :wave:

Thank you for the info Mauricio. It is certainly important for everyone to know the possible effects of the chemicals they use. It is definately encouraged that Everyone that chooses this method of extraction take all precautions: Evaporate until product is 100% free of alcohol, Perform the proceedure outside, Don't smoke or have open flame anywhere near the process (I don't even use a heat source, I just wait it out till it finishes)

Due to the nature of Isopropyl Alcohol, however, it evaporates into the air 100% leaving behind only the distilled water (the ONLY other ingredient). When the alcohol has evaporated and the water dried completely, I don't think the information on the MSDS sheet applies any longer.

kilacaLIbud

haha i was playing half life counter strike..on the computer and some dude was talkin bout how he burned half his body tryin to make hash wit iso.......good info.. :canabis: