What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New room same cuts now 'hermied' for over a year....

S

sourpuss

Pretty sure cookies and cookie hybrids dont like large amounts of light. Although i never heard of em herming due to it. Gg4 has always had herm tendencies. Might wanna try some new strains imo.

Jmo420

Using the same cuts and methods that have worked without a problem for years and years. It was literally all of the sudden my friends and I started having these wild issues. Which makes me think it's a disease since we all have given clones to mother back and forth a few times. The gsc cut was run many years in a room fit for 12 gavitas but was under 16. Saw them personally get light stressed and bleached on tops and buds but never hermied out. Not saying that means it's not a possible light issue of some sort but Im leaning towards it not being one.

insomniac_AU

Could it be caused by the large difference in light intensity going from T5s to Gavitas? I imagine the plants could have a stress response to such a large increase in light. Maybe try vegging with more light.
Not saying it's not possible but I've never had that issue. My plants veg 18/6 under CFLs and get transplanted to the flower chamber under 600HPS 12/12 all in one day. In my recent crop the power was out on 3 different days and I had to run my flower chamber with 1 80W CFL for about 6 hours on those days and still no hermies. It could be that those genetics are particularly unstable and the change in light intensity is enough. If that's the case not sure I could work with them unless it's something amazing. As others have mentioned might be time to try some new strains? I hope you get it sorted quickly. :)