What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Laurence Cherniak's 37°C Hashish Cure

graham12

i would love to go to india, as soon as i get my anxiety problems sorted im going. I would love to go to Afghanistan and Pakistan as well but India is the first on my list. The food is the best in the world in my opinion.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Ganja & Opium Shops

Ganja & Opium Shops

Here are a few I went to.
In my hand is the Ganja from this shop, it came from the Ganja warehouse, and some Bhang balls. On the plate in a piece of paper are some opium balls, all legal, while hashish and smoking opium, Chandu, were very illegal, of course you can get both, it is India....
I did try the Ganja, piss poor in my mind, but I am not really an herbal Cannabis smoker, I did keep the seeds I found and grew them out in Cali 100% sinsi, but again, not special enough for me to want to work with. Now in south Indian, up in the mountains around Munnar in Kerala, they had seeds that were great!!
-SamS

Attachments

• img259.jpg
    img259.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 44
  • img257.jpg
    img257.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 45
  • img258.jpg
    img258.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 43
  • img262.jpg
    img262.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 47
  • img281.jpg
    img281.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 48
  • img260.jpg
    img260.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 45
  • img263.jpg
    img263.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 44
  • img261.jpg
    img261.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 49
  • img276.jpg
    img276.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
I can't express how much I would have love to have a tiny bit of knowledge on genetics when I started my travels. All Americans smokers have a pretty good concept of genetics and strains which we do not have in Europe. We smoked Hashish and had very little experience with flowers (I use past tense because it is changing somehow). A shame when I think of the genetics I had the chance to experience, the knowledge of the resin give you an understanding of the plant but not in depth. Knowing resin quality when you see it does not give you the knowledge to choose the plant that will give you the resin you are looking for.

T

tropicannayeah

Sam.....I've noticed over the years that Asians and Indians, with all things being equal ,tend to handle the aftermath of smoking too strong and too much far better than Westerners. ..and sure I bet you left a thousand whiteouts in your time, but Indians and Thais especially tend to chill into a strong high while still not falling apart.

Noticed that?

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I can't express how much I would have love to have a tiny bit of knowledge on genetics when I started my travels. All Americans smokers have a pretty good concept of genetics and strains which we do not have in Europe. We smoked Hashish and had very little experience with flowers (I use past tense because it is changing somehow). A shame when I think of the genetics I had the chance to experience, the knowledge of the resin give you an understanding of the plant but not in depth. Knowing resin quality when you see it does not give you the knowledge to choose the plant that will give you the resin you are looking for.

I had been collecting Cannabis seeds for a couple of years by 1971 when I went to India overland from Morocco collecting along the way.
I knew the importance of seeds because I was a veggie grower and made and saved the seeds each year from heirloom varieties.
I disagree about all Americans smokers having a pretty good concept about genetics and strains at that time. There was almost no home grown, no WLD Indica, and the average smoker had only been exposed to seeded Mexican. That changed around 1970 with seedless Mexican, Columbian, and Thai, as well as the few seeds found were the beginnings of breeding Cannabis in the USA. The few people that grew before 1970 did not produce sinsi, that happened for most after 1976 "Sinsemilla: Marijuana flowers" book by Jim Richardson.
Americans knew almost nothing about Hashsish prior to 1970, you could buy it in NYC or LA where people were willing to pay more for a cannabis product, same with Honey oil or Hash oil or weed oil, few and far between as most smokers never saw it, the BEL tried to change that until the BNDD (before the DEA), in August 1972 got many of them tossed out of Afghanistan, by january 1973 they had Tim Leary, popped illegally in Kabul, extradited illegally to NYC and to California for trial and prison, and BEL was on the run. But a lot of Hashish had made it to the USA, as well as Afghan WLD India seeds.
Then peoples love of Cannabis growing and breeding really took off.
Growing was first only outdoors, hit or miss dependent on the variety used in what areas until halide lights started be used in the late 70's, that and underground seeds from improved varieties and clones maintained under lights of the best seedlings beginning to be used.
I will admit that when I first came to the Netherlands in 1984 no one had much idea how to grow superior Cannabis, that changed quickly. In a decade Europe had mastered Cannabis cultivation and took to seed making like fish to water, the War on Cannabis was lost at that point, they The Govts just did not know or admit it yet.
Most still do not know, but it is over I'll bet really soon.
-SamS

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I smoked a lot. From my friend in BEL that lived in Laguna.
They managed to get thousands of Kgs into Cali. A lot in VW vans.
It was mostly water/steam pressed, the best was hand pressed flat patties.
Even the water pressed was amazing, way way stronger then any other Cannabis product at the time except for the the BEL honey oil. The hand pressed would get melty when smoked but did not melt and bubble like todays 99.9% resin heads. I also saw a few Kgs of unpressed pollen that was even better.
Amazing when you consider that it was seeded, dried on roofs in the sun, and had considerable CBD content besides the THC.
Old time hashish connoisseurs loved the strength of the best hand pressed WLD Indica Afghan pollen, but many liked the more up high of Himalayan NLD Sativas, hand rubbed in Nepal or Kulu-Manali or Kashmir areas, it just was hard to make as potent as the best Afghani.
-SamS

fatsack79

Teach/tell us some more history/your experiences Sam... I love to hear you talk/type... I like the fact that u have been there done that and tell it how it is/was and how it's all panned out up until this point in all our present(2014), as opposed to the the wanna b ppl talking shit n act'n like they know... Thanks for the pic's, the references, and thanks for taking the time to share your life experiences... :tiphat: -F.S

mack 10

Veteran
Now that's a thread, Killer info Sams.
Wish the world was safe to travel now, I would go to the same places..
Bom Shiva!

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Thanks for the interesting journey through India and informative historical essay.

And when did you first hear about butane, and when it started its widespread use?

You are asking the wrong guy, no idea, I have never made it. Dry sift is my baby....
-SamS

graham12

I smoked a lot. From my friend in BEL that lived in Laguna.
They managed to get thousands of Kgs into Cali. A lot in VW vans.
It was mostly water/steam pressed, the best was hand pressed flat patties.
Even the water pressed was amazing, way way stronger then any other Cannabis product at the time except for the the BEL honey oil. The hand pressed would get melty when smoked but did not melt and bubble like todays 99.9% resin heads. I also saw a few Kgs of unpressed pollen that was even better.
Amazing when you consider that it was seeded, dried on roofs in the sun, and had considerable CBD content besides the THC.
Old time hashish connoisseurs loved the strength of the best hand pressed WLD Indica Afghan pollen, but many liked the more up high of Himalayan NLD Sativas, hand rubbed in Nepal or Kulu-Manali or Kashmir areas, it just was hard to make as potent as the best Afghani.
-SamS

Do you think it was these early experiences with BEL hash that started yours and your colleague R.C.C passion for hash ? or did that start when you arrived in Holland ?

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day Sam

A query re the Afghan vs Nepali hash .
I`m wondering if the difference was the mixing of numerous plants in together compared to the rubbed hash that would contain less diversity ? In that the hand rubbed is from one plant at a time ?

Or does the Nepali get blended too ?

One more question . Are male plants included in the Afghani mix ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

window

Veteran
This thread is right up my street, loving the pics and info, its got everything I'm interested in.
Hope to see some pics of Nepal and Afghanistan, traditional hashish production maybe?

EsterEssence

Veteran
Ah the days of the hand pat primo in Laguna. Mystic Arts, the canyon. I have a bunch of the old BEL Christmas cards and butterfly cards, when I have a chance i'll post some pics..

Latest posts

Latest posts