What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vasovagal syncope from Marijuana?

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
Anyone ever experience this? My gf has fainted twice in the past two months or so. The first time she had two cannacookies, moderate potency.

Then, just tonight we had smoked probably 15 minutes prior.

Google results didnt find much relating to marijuana and fainting.

She knew she was going to pass out this time, or rather told me she felt like she was going to faint 3 seconds before she did. Said she got really hot, and felt nasueas... Scared the hell outa me.

She went to the doc the last time and they didnt seem too worried. Told her if it happened again to let them know. I am wondering is it caused by really high quality marijuana?

U

ureapwhatusow

YES

it happened consistantly wiht 2 ppl i knew who smoked before wihtout issue they were passing out after smoking

I had some fire back in the day but it wasnt that knockout the common denominator was
they were both on paxil, whne they both quit they were both ok

tenotoge

same exact thing happened to me in on vacation in Amsterdam. Only time it's ever happened. I was sitting down and felt hot and sweaty and like my hair was on fire...took off my jacket, still hot. Went towards the door and next thing I remember was waking up and stretching my arms thinking I had just woken up in bed - but I had really passed out for 10 seconds and was on the floor. Composed myself, went for the door again, and bam, just passed out cold. I don't recall eating any cannabis...maybe a tiny bit, can't remember. But was smoking constantly, but not much more than I usually do on a weekend. I hadn't eaten in a 2 days - that was a factor I think. This is interesting stuff. That what the was? A vasco somehting?
EDIT: oh wow here's part of what wiki says "When sufferers pass out, they fall down (unless this is impeded); and when in this position, effective blood flow to the brain is immediately restored, allowing the person to wake up."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasovagal_syncope
So that's what was happening, I'd pass out, on the ground I would get the blood going again and gain consciousness, and when I got up again the blood had a problem once more and I passed out again. And after being on the floor for a few seconds the blood is pumping. Fucking weird man. It doesn't say much else...am I going to die????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
M

movingtocally

if your buds are causing this kind of reaction fellas, I'd consider a new hobby.

Not hating, but jesus man, take the warning signs. Bud isn't for everyone.

Be well. :joint:

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
Who moved my thread and why? This isnt a question about medical mj... my g/f is a strictly recreational smoker.