What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nepal Jam

slim dog

havent been posting much,well my NJ is coming aloong real nice, I got 2 fem, out of 4. now standing 2.5 tall. tight on space so she been veg bout 2 month.finally had room and flower her.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
havent been posting much,well my NJ is coming aloong real nice, I got 2 fem, out of 4. now standing 2.5 tall. tight on space so she been veg bout 2 month.finally had room and flower her.

Thanks for the update slim dog,

Best wishes for flowering stage!

grandsrin

feeding level

feeding level

Hi dubi!
Im at flowering time with my nep jam and i would like to have some info about the food level you use.
I working with advenced nutriment like you, if i m right .
So do you use medium , medium heavy food level?

by GS

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi dubi!
Im at flowering time with my nep jam and i would like to have some info about the food level you use.
I working with advenced nutriment like you, if i m right .
So do you use medium , medium heavy food level?

by GS

High Grandsrin,

They like soft feeding at veg stage but you can increase strenght to medium-heavy feeding at flowering time. They are usually good indoor yielders. Hope it helps.

grandsrin

High
I found a strange plant in my 16 nep jam.
I tought that i have got a wonderfull male ( realy healthy, big leaves, big internod more jam than nep i think) , but it start to make a few pistills betewen the balls?
I read in DJ short book that it can be a good male for reproduction.
I polenated my more jam girl (the taller and slower flowering one) to make female seeds.
Did some one has ever seen that?:drum:

I have a special girl too, it's streaching a lot and have very long internods.
Did someone got that kind of plant. And how many time did it take to finish (i tought at least 11 weeks.)

Sorry i have no camera.
by GS

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
High
I found a strange plant in my 16 nep jam.
I tought that i have got a wonderfull male ( realy healthy, big leaves, big internod more jam than nep i think) , but it start to make a few pistills betewen the balls?
I read in DJ short book that it can be a good male for reproduction.
I polenated my more jam girl (the taller and slower flowering one) to make female seeds.
Did some one has ever seen that?:drum:

I have a special girl too, it's streaching a lot and have very long internods.
Did someone got that kind of plant. And how many time did it take to finish (i tought at least 11 weeks.)

Sorry i have no camera.
by GS

Good day grandsrin,

Nepalese highland has hermie issues so it's not impossible to find one Nepalese Jam hermie if you grow enough plants.

About hermie male DJ comment: I highly respect other growers/breeders opinions but honestly I dont like to use hermie plants for breeding, even if i only find 2-3 flowers of the other sex i avoid them for breeding unless you are working with a landrace and have no other parental plants to work with.

I can not see straight relationship between hermie traits and potency, i believe this traits are linked to different genes, that's why you can find hermie hemp, non hermie hemp, hermie ganja and non hermie ganja.

konopenko

Veteran
Regards dear ACE familly!

Got some NepalJam plants this year-outside real guerilla ladies. Altitude around 650 meters,but some of them will climb to 1500 I think.

With chizbek:
slika-001.jpg

Alone(Chizbek):
slika-002.jpg

NepaleseJ:
slika-003.jpg

Congrats to all esp. to Russian commrades becouse today is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq_XEl955IQ

Wish you all great day!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome konopenko,

It's good to see you are growing Nepalese Jam outside guerrilla style. Chizbeki is a lovely double indica and great company for the Nepalese Jam.

Hope you enjoy them, best wishes for the outdoor season.

konopenko

Veteran
Thanks dubi!

You are 100 per cent correct,here is my first non-accidental cross :yummy::

NepaleseJ/Chizbek

At first NJC had wide indica leaves,but now they turned towards sativa :kissass:

Salute!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Nice!

It's good to see you already did the NJ x Chizbeki cross! Must be a robust and solid sat/ind plant, fast flowering and powerful. Good choice for outdoor growing!

el_dudereno

Hey dubi! been looking for a good sativa for a while and I think i found the perfecgt one for me now that i ordered the ACE-Nepalese Jam. Thank you for your superb work.

wondering if you can answer this question... Do you know how tall it can get when 12/12'd from seed or rooted clone?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for trust in our work el_dudereno,

Nepalese jam is a very fast flowering pure sativa, she reaches sexual maturity very soon so i'd recommend you to veg her for at least 4 weeks. She's not a lanky long flowering tropical sativa, she works in size terms, stretching and flowering time almost like a modern indica hybrid but its a sativa.

If you flower your nepalese jam plants directly at 12/12 photoperiod then they will flower too small producing a very early but small harvest. Hope it helps.

el_dudereno

Hey dubi, thanks so much for the quick reply. I have a much better idea of what im working with now! cant wait for my seeds to arrive!

the reason im so excited is due to the fact that its so rare to find anyone with a pure sativa in my area since everyone equates good herb to that 'couchlock' feeling which is common among indicas. Looking forward to having my own daytime stash :).

peace bro.

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Timing Is Everything (and a Question)

Timing Is Everything (and a Question)

Hello Dubi and friends

Well...I have to say that this plant is growing like NOTHING I have seen before. I started two of these plants from clone. The photos below (which don't do them justice) show them at approximately 32 days under 12/12. Now, a week and change later (38 days under 12/12), and the branches are just about falling over. I will be staking 'em up tomorrow. The buds are HUGE!!! And trich covered. Maybe you all have been able to grow like this on a routine basis...but I have never attained such remarkable plants 1/2 through the grow. Mindblowing!! What remarkable genetics! And...both of the plants are pursuing similar development.

BTW: These are growing in Hempy under 400wts with some 23wtCFLs rounding out the mix. I'm using PureBlendPro and Liquid Karma for the most part. The only bummer is that I was also growing a Destroyer which was a hermie and I don't think I caught it quite in time. I don't know how well-seeded the plants are but there are definitely seeds gestating.

Here's the question...(yes, yes...it's trite...I'm sorry). Well into the grow, I learned that I have to go away as the plant nears final blastoff. I will be gone -leaving the plants in good hands - but I'm trying to find out whether 63 days means 63 days or whether folks, in fact, take their NepJams out a bit. I will be returning on the 63rd day and I need to know whether my able apprentice should be flushing them while I'm away. (We all know that mileage may vary when it comes to finishing times - unfortunately I'm not going to be around to monitor so I have to rely upon other's experiences. I'prefer my highs to be more "up" than narcotic. Also, never having had seeded plants before (bummer!!!!), I'm not sure whether that affects the life span and harvest dates.

Anyhow...your feedback would be greatly appreciated....In the meantime, enjoy the photos.

attachment.php

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i ran the Nep Jam some time ago and was so happy with her im still keeping 3 moms ( unfortunately the male clone died on me)

im planning some crosses with her later but havent had time yet, hopefully in winter time
one with a danish acclimatized nepal strain and also making an indoor cross or 2 crossing her to some fat indica

some time ago i had an accident with an c99 male that had gone AF

he pollinated some preflowers on one of the nj moms
2 seeds
one sprouted
it still to small to tell sex but it looks really sativa so far ( ill post pix soon, forgot to take one when i was out in the garden today)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello Dubi and friends

Well...I have to say that this plant is growing like NOTHING I have seen before. I started two of these plants from clone. The photos below (which don't do them justice) show them at approximately 32 days under 12/12. Now, a week and change later (38 days under 12/12), and the branches are just about falling over. I will be staking 'em up tomorrow. The buds are HUGE!!! And trich covered. Maybe you all have been able to grow like this on a routine basis...but I have never attained such remarkable plants 1/2 through the grow. Mindblowing!! What remarkable genetics! And...both of the plants are pursuing similar development.

BTW: These are growing in Hempy under 400wts with some 23wtCFLs rounding out the mix. I'm using PureBlendPro and Liquid Karma for the most part. The only bummer is that I was also growing a Destroyer which was a hermie and I don't think I caught it quite in time. I don't know how well-seeded the plants are but there are definitely seeds gestating.

Here's the question...(yes, yes...it's trite...I'm sorry). Well into the grow, I learned that I have to go away as the plant nears final blastoff. I will be gone -leaving the plants in good hands - but I'm trying to find out whether 63 days means 63 days or whether folks, in fact, take their NepJams out a bit. I will be returning on the 63rd day and I need to know whether my able apprentice should be flushing them while I'm away. (We all know that mileage may vary when it comes to finishing times - unfortunately I'm not going to be around to monitor so I have to rely upon other's experiences. I'prefer my highs to be more "up" than narcotic. Also, never having had seeded plants before (bummer!!!!), I'm not sure whether that affects the life span and harvest dates.

Anyhow...your feedback would be greatly appreciated....In the meantime, enjoy the photos.

Thanks for yout feedback mayan,

Im glad to hear that NJ is working fine in your garden, it's truely a different sativa bred to the classic durban, skunk or haze dutch sativa hybrids.

Your NJ flowering looks very very promising: early flowering, resinous, good yielding, very high flower leaf ratio .... hope you keep her in clone form for future grows. Please, keep us updated when harvest time. Best wishes!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
i ran the Nep Jam some time ago and was so happy with her im still keeping 3 moms ( unfortunately the male clone died on me)

im planning some crosses with her later but havent had time yet, hopefully in winter time
one with a danish acclimatized nepal strain and also making an indoor cross or 2 crossing her to some fat indica

some time ago i had an accident with an c99 male that had gone AF

he pollinated some preflowers on one of the nj moms
2 seeds
one sprouted
it still to small to tell sex but it looks really sativa so far ( ill post pix soon, forgot to take one when i was out in the garden today)

Welcome back Gunnarguchi,

Im glad to hear you were happy with your Nepalese Jam harvested plants, we always enjoy when growers keep ace genetics in their mother rooms, hope you find interesting nepalese jam crosses for your climate.

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Thanks, dubi. Here's the situation...I will be away for the next two weeks. The buds are so heavy at this point that I had to stake 'em. Probably the biggest buds I have ever grown. It looks like many pistils, perhaps a majority have turned brown although some white ones are still being produced. Whether that's due to pollination, genetics, and/or maturity, I don't know. The trichs are looking like they are beginning to shift from clear to milky...some of them are 1/2 way in between.

Here's my question(s) - On Saturday, I'm going away for two weeks I return on the day that they will have been under 12/12 for 63 days. They are about 45 days under 12/12 now. Should I have my able assistant start the flushing in the next few days? Do plants mature quicker if they are grown indoors or if they are seeded (this is under a 400wt HPS, BTW)? Is the NepJam line stable enough to say that 63 days probably does mean 63 days (other seed companies tend to be all over the place with their flowering estimates). I realize that when to harvest is an art best suited to individual taste - and I hate going away during this crucial period but I have no choice. The thing is, I have never had a polliniated plant before and I've never seen so many pistils turn so early so I'm not quite sure what the calculus is. I generally tend to judge by the coloring of the trichs but I don't know if the pistils are telling me that the plant is spent.

That said...It is the most remarkable plant I have grown. I will try to get some recent pictures. Truly impressive - at least by my standards. I can't wait to try her. I love variety in my ganja highs and this sounds like it is something VERY different indeed.

Any thoughts on how to proceed will be greatly appreciated.

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Ok, here's what I was talking about...This Nepjam is at 46 days under 12/12. Here's three shots of the browning that I was talking about. You can also see some nutritional thing that's beginning to develop. I've adjusted the nutes and it seems to have moderated. Most of the fan leaves on the rest of the plant do not look as bad, I should add. Beautiful plants!

attachment.php

Here's a special guest appearance of my Destroyer. Once there were two but the other one hermied (knocking up the plants somewhat...I'm thinking that they are not heavily seeded however). This is an amazing plant too. She's at about 57 days. Anybody have any ideas as to how long it should go? The Cannabiogen folks say between 57 and 90 days. Hahaha! She looks like she's her own ganja field. I didn't top...just some good ol' LST.

attachment.php

C

charlie garcia

great Mayan, nice lots you got there. Destroyer doesnt use to hermi at all but you know, sometimes happens due the bitch genetics inside. But in all job done with her, not frequent at all

Beautiful NepalJam, and only 46 days! love the way she looks, well done Mayan, big balls of flowers, hope they make it harder and you can harvest it the soonest. Bud development seems completed although sativa blood may like to reflower a bit. Hope calyxes, hairs and trichs heads turn darker pretty soon

NepalJam can be done in around 9-10 weeks. Destroyer shoul go just a bit longer, not much. This one is less feeder than NJ

Best