What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

veg times at night

420bears

just wondering what would be some good examples of 18/6 times to be run at night im having a senior moment and cant work it out on my timer please help me

as its hot during the days and i want to veg my plants during the evening

please recommend me some times please :tiphat:

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I guess you will be flowering for 12 hours at night. I suggest the time they will awaken in flower, should be the time they awaken in veg. It's a rhythm thing.

It's open for discussion, if the first flowering sleep should be 12 hours or some other length. If you set what time they get up as I suggest, then the first sleep is 12 hours like any other. I could explain further, but you didn't really ask that, and I find your makeup makes me want to walk away

insomniac_AU

My off peak power starts at 11pm (23:00) so I want my lights coming on after that. I also take into account daylight saving. I don't want the lights coming on at 10pm (22:00) in winter. So basically in summer the lights come on at 12am (00:00) and turn off at 6pm (18:00). In winter this will change to 11pm-5pm (23:00-17:00) due to daylight saving but you won't have to change the timers. Hope that didn't confuse you even more.

edit: As a side note my flower chamber comes on at midnight (00:00) and turns off at 11am (11:00) which becomes 11pm (23:00) - 10am (10:00) in winter with daylight saving. I run 11/13 flower cycle but if you run 12/12 just add an hour.

Last edited:

Brother Nature

For veg my light comes on at 5pm (17:00) and goes off at 11am (11:00) that gives me 18/6 during the cooler part of the day. In winter I tend to do it the opposite, though I run LED now and am in a tiny tent so the heat is a lot less of an issue than it used to be.

420bears

thanks for the advice guys i want to run my lights in the afternoon for the cooler part of the day etc thanks for the input its helped me out

4tokin

I run my lights at night all year round.
During summer it is for the cooler temps at night but for winter I want the lights to warm the grow during the cold nights.