What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

24/0 veg cycle

RockinRobot

Personally I think it's a waste of electricity. I tried 24/0 early on and didn't see any noticeable difference over 18/6

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I run 24/0 because it avoids power surge for the 18/6 time signature, which is monitored for by electricity providers just as much as the 12/12 surge signatures are.

dank.Frank

I’ve always run 24/0 no problems at all. As a matter of fact I’ve never done anything g different so I’m not sure as to which one is better.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
In nature most plants seem to receive about 16hrs max on the longest day of the year, I dont see the point in vegging any longer than 16/8.

Last edited:

Sign

I used 24 on during a real cold winter to keep temps up, other than that I try to save money. This winter not so bad so clones are under 20 on for the same heat reason. I think the only difference in regimens is heat and cost. Cheaper to run a light 24 than a heater imo.

djibra

im running 24/0 just because it gets too cold at night.. temps would drop under 15C.. so its cool to see im not alone ��

thanks for answering y’all

djibra

I run 24/0 because it avoids power surge for the 18/6 time signature, which is monitored for by electricity providers just as much as the 12/12 surge signatures are.

dank.Frank

you think they do that? i thought that was out usage..maybe i even doubt electricity providers do that?! (no disrespect mate :) )

St. Phatty

dank.Frank

There are ways to interfere with that monitoring.

e.g. starting a washing machine cycle 5 minutes before lights on.

It's also possible to buy similar analytical equipment to what the power company is using.

BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY -
1/ providing power signature diagnosis for grows. I was going to say "renting the equipment", but it's expensive & not many will pay a $10K deposit.
2/ constructing power signature gear to create desired power signatures, e.g. to simulate welding equipment.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
I run 24 hour shop lights in a custom built cabinet for my seedlings. When they are large enough I move them to the 12/12 hps room. there they stay until harvest.