What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Flushing

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
I seen 2 week flushed and plants still super green. I only figured they were over nuting and had alot of build up. I like to see yellow purple red leaves when i flush.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
I don't flush anymore because of bud rot! I just run pure water the last 3 weeks in soil-less! When the buds start getting super thick, then I start reducing water intake down a 1/3 to a 1/2 in the end! Clean smoke with out all that fucking watering labor!

Isn't that flushing? Running pure water the last 3 weeks???

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
In my experience, no dark-green plant has ever smoked smooth except the vietnamese black type genetics. Even those you can see earlier in flower if they're overfed.

The dark green is a sign of excess and cannabis packs away excess. Once packed away, it will never flush out. ;) This is why it's a great plant for phytoremediation. At the end of fall, everything it sucked up in excess is still locked in the plant. Chop it and take the toxic metals, radiation, degraded rocket fuel, or whatever and dispose of it off your land. :D

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Then do what with it? Now you got the toxic material in the plant tissues but what to do with it next?
I heard they used hemp around Chernobyl area. I wonder what they did with it. Can't make clothes with it, lol

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Fox Farm schedule uses Sledgehammer a yucca product for flushing.
Anyone was use yucca as a flusher?
Anybody actually use Sledgehammer?

Douglas.Curtis

Yucca is a great natural surfactant, I know this much about it. :) A pinch of root powder, or a few drops of extract make a big difference in water absorption rates.

R

romanolescro

yes i experienced this too
if your plant is still green after 2 weeks of water you can still force it to yellow but taste will never be top grade. but htats my opinion and i think im right

if you feed well your plant it will start to yellow before you give it pure water

then you give it 1 week of water or 2 if you're in soil and you're good

too much yellowing isnt good

you must stop harvest when fan leaves are yellow but before sugar leaves start to yellow
they must never turn yellow

R

romanolescro

if you look at top grade bud you will never see sugar leaves yellow
the best bud usually have light green ( like fluo green) sugar leaves
there is no need to make them yellow it will kill the taste and make your plant suffer

but you can have great bud without getting yellow fan leaves
its about proper feeding

less is more

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
This is something I want to test and experiment with. Like everything else it may be strain dependent weather the buds taste better with yellow sugar leaves.
I need to get ec meter to play around with. Learn proper times to stop feeding and proper flushing times.

So much to learn!

Douglas.Curtis

I used to think that I would smoke cannabis for the rest of my life.
Now I think growing it means so much more. I could see a time where I could smoke less, but growing brings me so much peace and happiness.
When you grow cannabis which smokes like inhaling an amazing desert, you want to stop and smoke when there's no reason. Just for the flavor and sensation experience.

Imagine cannabis with zero harsh. Smoke so cool in temperature you cannot feel heat. A lungful of smoke so velvety, you're not quite sure you took a hit. Exhales which smell so good and taste so amazing, you find yourself chomping the smoke to prolong the experience.

Oh yeah. :tiphat:

Unk_OG

Yuk

Yuk

I prefer dead, brown, dry sugar leaves, right up to the outside of the flower. They're still alive inside the flower, but I clip them anyway. One reason I like pointy trimmers. :)

My bud is way too sticky for that brown crumbly mess. Seriously.

Douglas.Curtis

My bud is way too sticky for that brown crumbly mess. Seriously.
It does take getting used to trimming it this way. Yes. :) I know exactly what it's like with sticky buds. ;) You don't grab an armful and plop it down on the table for folks to trim, you have to handle each branch carefully.

Definitely not a commercial production type flower. lol

Unk_OG

It does take getting used to trimming it this way. Yes. :) I know exactly what it's like with sticky buds. ;) You don't grab an armful and plop it down on the table for folks to trim, you have to handle each branch carefully.

Definitely not a commercial production type flower. lol

Just grow for my family, not production here either. I’m very careful with the bud I’ve spent months tending to, as I’m sure most of us here are. My wife has epilepsy, stopped all her meds and manages it with RSO, which I make. Everything counts here.

Do I grow the best weed ever? No. That’s just crazy. Say it out loud, “no one else in the world grows pot as good as I do”. Someone can always be better. The remark, “plop armfuls down on the table” seems aimed at me and well, anyone who isn’t you. There are other capable people that grow pot. You seem like a smart guy. There are other smart guys. Just sayin’.