What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Longtime outdoor grower Sumatran

romanoweed

How thin did the Strain look when you or friends got it first? is it now a 13 week Flowering-Strain i think?
I didnt know that SE Asians can have such pink Hairs, actualy saw a pink-haired Thai also once. Nice to see what was once a normal Houseplant. So Special and beautiful.
Im shure i could convince even Nonsmokers Ganja is a nice looking Plant, with your Pictures. Looks like crystals-Minerals.

romanoweed

how to insert Piture:

1st: go to the Place where your Albums Show while you are logged in. And klick on one Picture you want to insert into the Thread , like here:

picture.php

2nd: go to the Bottom of the Page and mark the lowest Textline, like i show in the next Pic, so it is Blue (marked). You now have to klick two Letters on your Keyboard: CTRL , and C in the SAME Moment . You found the KEys?

picture.php

3rd: go into the Thread where you wanna insert the Pics, Start a Message (Quote or Reply) and press two Letters on you Keyboard: CTRL, and V .

Now the Texline you saw before will appear ( you coppied it with the Letters) in your Message you write in the Thread. See it? Now you wont see the Picture, BUT AS SOON YOU PRESS THE REPLY TAB AND POST THE MESSAGE YOU WILL SEE THE ACTUAL PICTURE INSTEAD OF A TEXTLINE.

Mimpi Manis

How thin did the Strain look when you or friends got it first? is it now a 13 week Flowering-Strain i think?
I didnt know that SE Asians can have such pink Hairs, actualy saw a pink-haired Thai also once. Nice to see what was once a normal Houseplant. So Special and beautiful.
Im shure i could convince even Nonsmokers Ganja is a nice looking Plant, with your Pictures. Looks like crystals-Minerals.

This plant was hatched Oct. Pics you saw are pics at third week in Feb. Flower time is very quick... way less than 12 weeks I reckon. More like 8-ish or less. Chunks up in smart time. Doesn't often exceed 2 metres.

The pink hair version had the genes from a plant a friend had. So that's how it got that attribute. Pretty sure that was indica dominant. But this is a tricky business without proper testing facilities. Zip chance of that here.

The originals (am trying to recall details from 30 plus years ago) were a little more sativa looking and later harvest from memory? Not as robust looking either. Way more sativa high twenty years ago. Somehow high more indica like now. Less to my liking. But the plants are quite something. Plan is to get more sativa high with similar structure and vigour to what you saw growing. Original seeds came from an Indonesian friend in 1981. I think they are bona fide. But how do you know for sure without lab testing? It was long time ago, so many actions I took re growing and pollinating are in the mists of time. Anyway, most of us were just happy to get a few seeds for the next season. I guess we assumed that fantastic imported weed was always going turn up? Those legendary Thai/Sumatran strains would always be there? Those days it was not the sophisticated, widespread informed culture it is today either. There are still many patently ridiculous many constraints where I live. Most of them absurd. We are not expecting change anytime soon either. This country is a barking ring wing ignorant shitfest right atm. But don't get me started!

I am trying to keep this strain as is - a vigourous short flowering breeder - and use to cross with some classic sativas doms I have got my hands on: SSH/NH/SBD/AH et al. Its a good breeder... seems to take on sativa attributes fairly readily. (Latent memory)? Am after a good short flowering keeper with that nice uppity energetic sativa ride. Indicas have their place... but sativa is king. But am not in an ideal situation for 16-20 week journeys. Am already pushing the envelope. I reckon my first taste of Sumatran in late 60's and Thai Stick in 1975 pretty much sorted those preferences out for moi. Hope some of you find this helpful. Lj :)

romanoweed

I shure suspected a Change thowards indica effects. Sonds like you have lessend floweringtime enorm. 8 weeks for a Tropical Plant!!
It atleast Looks incredible.
Then i think World of Seeds Thai is really just a selected Thai thowards short.

Here we go ...

Lived in WA a few many years ago and there was Sumatran gear getting around. Yes it was more powerful/complex than Thai sticks. Rarer tho!

Upload yr pics to yr Albums.

Once uploaded, open pic you want to post and you will see "BBCode" under yr pic. before you right click on "BB Code" open Icmag in another tab. Go to your post in second tab.

When you have right clicked "BB Code" in first tab then paste into yr post in second tab. posted pic will come out full size ...

cheers! (altho I 'm somewhat unsettled by your Username ... )

Do you still have seeds of that sumatran. Was it like shrooms/lsd as they say?

Mimpi Manis

OPS said:
Do you still have seeds of that sumatran. Was it like shrooms/lsd as they say?

It was quite dynamite thru early 80's and into the nineties. I would describe it as definitely trippy. But mushies... nah. Was establishing myself building and setting up my gardens, food etc. So while I kept it going, it was with less time and inclination. Not enough time to devote to the details. Such as we knew them in those days. I think I did well to keep a strain going four decades... albeit a little loosely. Now it is what it is.

Decent breeding material. Always brings good attributes to the table for my modest (considered) chucking. Tough little bastard. Moves right along. Early. I remember some in mid Feb. early Mar. Usually managed 4-8 off them... guerilla. I've mostly used it as male of choice to capture any good Fem genes I've occasionally landed. Play the crap shoot. Limited opportunity in situation hereabouts tho. Will try to manage something next season re seeds maybe. Its a crazy hobby... who knows? Don't know if any of that helped? Lj Esq. lll.

OPS said:

It was quite dynamite thru early 80's and into the nineties. I would describe it as definitely trippy. But mushies... nah. Was establishing myself building and setting up my gardens, food etc. So while I kept it going, it was with less time and inclination. Not enough time to devote to the details. Such as we knew them in those days. I think I did well to keep a strain going four decades... albeit a little loosely. Now it is what it is.

Decent breeding material. Always brings good attributes to the table for my modest (considered) chucking. Tough little bastard. Moves right along. Early. I remember some in mid Feb. early Mar. Usually managed 4-8 off them... guerilla. I've mostly used it as male of choice to capture any good Fem genes I've occasionally landed. Play the crap shoot. Limited opportunity in situation hereabouts tho. Will try to manage something next season re seeds maybe. Its a crazy hobby... who knows? Don't know if any of that helped? Lj Esq. lll.

I wonder why you would grow anything else. I hope you dont grow hybrids. the high of the sumatran is clearly better than any hybrid. I hope your sumatran is still pure, hopefully no foreign pollen got on the sumatran ladies, if that happened sumatran lads would have been mad, and their kids would definitely have been messed up for life cause their parents didnt have a healthy relationship. I wouldnt want to smoke emotionally trauamtized children.

:smokeit:

Latest posts

Latest posts