What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Roadside Drug Testing Experiment

ozzieAI

Veteran
so how much is 5 Ng ?
Sounds like a very small amount ?
So how is Ng's of thc and impairment correlated?
Or is it just a case of negative or positive?✌️

5ng/mL is a very small amount and is why i strongly suspect people are getting picked up many hours after using

the law states that you only have to have it in your system...no need to prove impairment, it's +/-

Thanks very much for this thread it's been about 10 years since they introduced these in Victoria right around the time I got my license, and I resent potentially losing my job my life essentially everything every time I get behind the wheel when they don't even test for all types of Benzodiazapams, Opiates etc or the myriad other drugs that can hinder

you are welcome...they are now starting to test for benzo and other drugs like cocaine

ozzieAI

Veteran
i found this article yesterday: https://www.news.com.au/national/ns...r/news-story/9806b49194b4ffd25ac0a7432dea01e7

It comes after a week of tough talk from the NSW Government on drug driving. It announced last week it will crack down on drug drivers by strengthening laws and boosting roadside drug testing.

According to a study by Curtin and Monash universities of Aussie road deaths between 2000-2012, legal drugs account for a larger percentage of road deaths than any illicit drugs.

Opioids were the most frequently detected group of non-illicit drugs — accounting for 12 per cent of all fatalities — followed by antidepressants (7.3 per cent), benzodiazepines (5.9 per cent) and stimulants (2 per cent).

and here is a copy of the study: https://c-marc.curtin.edu.au/local/docs/final-drugs-and-driving-november-2014_upload.pdf

this just gets better...NOT...

Despite common perceptions of accidental deaths due to drugs are caused by illicit drugs, in 2014 prescription medications were responsible for more drug-related deaths (71 per cent) than illicit drugs (29 per cent). (Note: this statistic is for total drug-related deaths, not just overdose deaths).
Over the period 2008-2014 there was an 87 per cent increase in prescription opioid deaths in Australia, with the greatest increase occurring in rural/regional Australia which saw a 148 per cent increase.

http://www.penington.org.au/national-scandal-deaths-overdose-continue-climb/

better stop us using a drug that has never killed anyone...PRICKS...

ozzieAI

Veteran
this is getting depressing...better lighten things up a bit

you want to put what in my mouth???

picture.php

nksv

following this one mate. good one! been concerned with this due to the fact these tests seem to be all over the shop for THC. I vape in the evenings only so would be super pissed if I came up positive during the day! Heard so many random issues with it.

Are the tests different between VIC and NSW?

ozzieAI

Veteran
here's an article about why they don't test for cocaine etc...

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/h...l/news-story/9e54f39ce94b5a30e6391a3dce4ed4a0

COCAINE users and their parents are too influential to be roadside tested, claims a Greens MP.

Currently, drivers across Australia are only tested for methylamphetamine (ice), ecstasy and cannabis in random roadside stings.

After a successful push to test drivers for cocaine in NSW later this year, David Shoebridge MP told news.com.au the excuse that it is too expensive to detect in other states is “bulls**t”.

“The reason they don’t test for cocaine, or haven’t traditionally, is because people who use cocaine are much more influential,” he said. “We’re talking about people like bankers, lawyers and their children.

“Every police force across the country could have been testing for cocaine and the biggest killers on our roads, benzodiazepines and prescription medications, for years and for little or no extra cost.

“According to the National Drug Strategy Household Survey, cocaine use is at a 15-year high among Australians. So, you have to ask, why are they not testing for it?”

He claims the equipment police have been using across such as the Drager 5000, for second stage testing in NSW, has been capable of testing for eight dangerous drugs, including cocaine and benzodiazepines, for years.

According to its website, the Drager 5000 can test for drugs of abuse, such as amphetamines, designer amphetamines, opiates, cocaine and metabolites, benzodiazepines and cannabinoids.

ozzieAI

Veteran
following this one mate. good one! been concerned with this due to the fact these tests seem to be all over the shop for THC. I vape in the evenings only so would be super pissed if I came up positive during the day! Heard so many random issues with it.

Are the tests different between VIC and NSW?

i found this:

In Victoria, police use Securetec's Drugwipe swabs and, according to police media, test them in Securtec's Drugwipe Twin II Combo.

they test to 10ng/mL for THC

https://www.pathtech.com.au/site/wp...TEC-280-DDS_Updated-DrugWipe-Brochure-_LR.pdf

Old fark

Ass wipes still not testing for opioids ,ah you won't see any opioid testing any time soon .that's right government has a prescription opioid crisis on their hands apparently caused by misuse of the drug?
Probably has nothing to do with Australia has a massive over perscription problem.✌️

ozzieAI

Veteran
just updated first page with a summary...

Ass wipes still not testing for opioids ,ah you won't see any opioid testing any time soon .that's right government has a prescription opioid crisis on their hands apparently caused by misuse of the drug?
Probably has nothing to do with Australia has a massive over prescription problem.✌️

the hypocrisy is deafening....legal = death and illegal = health...

ozzieAI

Veteran
well i am stumped now...got my new more sensitive tests (12ng/mL) and still can't get a positive reading...had 2 loads of the mighty and got a neg...had another load and still got a neg????

maybe vaping can't be picked up...that would be nice

nksv

well i am stumped now...got my new more sensitive tests (12ng/mL) and still can't get a positive reading...had 2 loads of the mighty and got a neg...had another load and still got a neg????

maybe vaping can't be picked up...that would be nice

that's bizarre man. this kinda of inconsistency is what scares the shit out of me! thanks for doing this bro....

igrowone

Veteran
very important thread, this is the latest assault we face
NZ/OZ a test bed for future USA methods?
very hopeful that the vaping negatives hold up, got a vested interest in that one

ozzieAI

Veteran
tonight i am going to roll and smoke a 1g joint and then test...gotta find out what is going on here...

ozzieAI

Veteran
so here is the breakdown...i was able borrow a set of scales 0.00g and weighed out what i use:

1xmighty load = 0.15g

my daily usage is between 0.3 - 0.9g (with the odd blow out)

a lot less than i expected, i thought it was closer to 1 - 1.5g...kind of impressed that i can have such a good effect on my life style using only small quantities

so i measured out 2 x 0.3g joints total 0.6g...yes they were small...that equaled 4 mighty loads.... more than enough for me...

12ng/mL...
test 1: 20 min after first joint = negative
test 2: 20 min after second joint = negative

so what will it take to get a positive???

am I that much of a light weight???

hoki2test

Veteran
I have been mouth swabbed 3 times in the last two years and every time I was dirty but I passed with a negative on all 3 mouth swabs on those 3 ocasions....My trick is too always have a bottle of water with me in the car if I no I'm dirty and I constantly gurgle my mouth while driving...works for me...mouth swabs are not very accurate

ozzieAI

Veteran
I have been mouth swabbed 3 times in the last two years and every time I was dirty but I passed with a negative on all 3 mouth swabs on those 3 ocasions....My trick is too always have a bottle of water with me in the car if I no I'm dirty and I constantly gurgle my mouth while driving...works for me...mouth swabs are not very accurate

were these police RDTs?...that would be helpful info

so i spent $170 on drug tests that basically don't work...or...that 12 - 25ng/mL is a very high level of THC...

hoki2test

Veteran
ROADSIDE POLICE RBT

ROADSIDE POLICE RBT

were these police RDTs?...that would be helpful info

so i spent $170 on drug tests that basically don't work...or...that 12 - 25ng/mL is a very high level of THC...

YES BRO THESE WERE POLICE ROADSIDE RBT,s....WHERE IM FROM IN WEST OZ IF YOU TEST POSSITIVE THEN THEY CALL THE POLICE K9 CAR TO BRING THE DOG AND PUT HIM THRU YOUR CAR....SWAB TESTS ARE THE LEAST EFFECTIVE WAY TO TEST FOR DRUGS AND IN MY EXPERENCE EASY TO BEAT IF YOU TAKE THE TIME TO BE ALWAYS PREPARED IF YOUR RIDING DIRTY....WHERE I USE TO LIVE IN THE PILBARA IN WEST AUSTRALIA THEY GO HARD WITH SWABS FOR DRUGS....WHAT I DO IF I HAVE TO DRIVE AROUND AND I KNOW IM DIRTY IS I HAVE A EMPTY MC DONALDS COKE CUP NEXT TO ME AND A BOTTLE OF WATER AND I CONSTANTLY GURGLE MY MOUTH WITH WATER WHILE I DRIVE AND SPIT IT INTO THE EMPTY COKE CUP...IT WORKS BRO...YOU HAVE MY WORD THAT THIS HAS SAVED ME ON 3 OCCASIONS!...IT MIGHT SOUND SILLY BUT IT WORKS AND STUFF NOT HAVING A LIECENSE OR GIVING THEM A REASON TO LOOK AT YOU CLOSER...IT WORKS...TAKE THE TIME AND ALWAYS STAY SAFE!

ozzieAI

Veteran
thank you very much...you were able to provide the type of info i was trying to establish...

cheers

gonna rub thc all over my car now...fuck'em

ozzieAI

Veteran
well and truly down the rabbit hole now: https://statements.qld.gov.au/Statement/2017/6/16/drug-drivers-targeted-in-police-testing-expansion

Media Statements
Minister for Police, Fire and Emergency Services and Minister for Corrective Services
The Honourable Mark Ryan
Friday, June 16, 2017
Drug drivers targeted in police testing expansion
The Queensland Police Service (QPS) will expand its Roadside Drug Testing program next financial year following a boost in funds announced in this week’s State Budget.

Minister for Police, Fire and Emergency Services Mark Ryan said the $4.1 million investment over four years would help make roads safer by removing drug drivers.

“There is a disturbing number of drug drivers on our roads in Queensland with almost 11,000 motorists returning a positive drug test last financial year,” Minister Ryan said.

“That is far too many drivers and riders creating a dangerous environment for all other road users across our state.”

Minister Ryan said the QPS had been gradually increasing its capabilities to target drug drivers and remove them from our roads.

“Police are on track to conduct more than 52,000 roadside drug tests this financial year, more than double the amount carried out three years ago,” he said.

“This funding announcement will enable officers to undertake up to 12,500 extra roadside drug tests each year.

“It means police will have the resources to effectively conduct more than triple the amount of roadside drug tests than what officers were able to carry out in 2014/2015.”

Assistant Commissioner Mike Keating said police take a zero tolerance approach to drug drivers.

“Much like drink driving, the community does not accept the lives of innocent people being put at risk by someone driving while affected by drugs.

“We now have more than 500 officers trained in roadside drug testing and we will continue to conduct targeted operations on roads right across Queensland,” Assistant Commissioner Keating said.
Fast Facts

10,804 drug drivers returned positive roadside drug test in 2015/2016 compared with 3,178 in 2014/2015.
51,389 RDTs have been conducted in 2016/2017 compared with 49,445 in 2015/2016 and 20,289 in 2014/2015.
502 officers have been trained to carry out RDTs since program started in 2014 when 60 officers had been trained.
Media contacts

Minister Ryan’s Office: Ph: (07) 3035 8300
Police Media: Ph: (07) 3015 2444

best argument for taking canna caps i have ever heard...fuck'em