What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Tangwena

Veteran
Silly me!, I forgot to say what it is!

The cob in the picture is Golden Tiger, from last year's harvest.
It was made in the 17th of November, so it's still quite young ie it's not even 5 months. It was hung to dry for 5 days before cobbing.
The smell is very sweet. Milk chocolate and ? Pineapple, certainly something tropical.
Despite its young age it is strong. Friends who smoke it get very messed up and can't finish a spliff in one go. A friend wife said to me the other day not to let her husband have any during the day time as he doesn't get anything done.
Eaten, 20mg is sufficient to get most people good and high for 8 hrs.
Mrs DM and myself found it really good for day time activities. A very clear and euphoric high. In larger amounts I find it quite trippy and I'm off into a different worlds. Great for spacing out on my sun lounger.

3 days ago I started of some seeds that I was gifted from a well respected member. I put 3 Destroyer seeds from 2005 into paper towels and in less than 24 hrs 2 had sprouted and all 3 in less than 36 hrs!
I also started off some Zamal/Jamaican blue mountain x A5/Thai and some Destroyer#23 x Deep chunk/Tom Hill Haze.
And in another month I'll be starting off some Zenith fem and Killer A5 fem.

Lots to look forward to!

Have a great weekend chaps!
Another mind bending harvest coming up next year I see ha ha.
Golden Tiger is a strain sure to please once cobbed ha ha.
Very interested in your Zenith and destroyer grow cobbed they would both be extreme euphoria cobbed from what I've read online thats the stuff I love ha ha.
The "somebody stop me" weed ha ha.

T.H. Seed

90 some grams of cob here. All from the same plant. Currently on day 5 of fermenting and had them out last night to dry a bit and try to slow down the process.
Getting nice and hard. Hash smell is slowly getting more obvious.

Attachments

• 20230410_093547.jpg
    20230410_093547.jpg
    957.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 20230410_093601.jpg
    20230410_093601.jpg
    966.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 20230410_093614.jpg
    20230410_093614.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
  • 20230410_093623.jpg
    20230410_093623.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 50

ost

Dont be shy brother what was it made from?
I love looking at your cob pics man and that goes for everyone else out there making cobs.
Lets get some pics of your matured cobs say 6 months and over thats the connoisseur grade.

I imagine one day there will be a shop like a cigar shop a clearing house for cobs from every corner of the globe try before you buy of course.
With the members here and others out there unknown to us it would be a pot shop for connoisseurs of the ultimate high.
I just hope to live long enough to visit it ha ha.
@Tangwena ,That i would visit !choped a white runtz clone, a few days back ,hang three days .i cut the twin tops , for cob #2 this wet was about 25 grams wet ,sweat and pressure going on now!

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Everything gets tested on the legal side. I'm more curious if COBs are just not for the legal side of the market because of inherent mold issues that could never pass.

T.H. Seed

It seems cobs aren't commercially viable due to social norms and expectations regarding cannabis products. And the general lack of knowledge about these alternatives methods.
Any cannabis flower can develop mold if improperly handled after harvest. The tighter you compress your bud the less surface area you have for mold to grow. Compare cheeses to one another and how they take on common molds. Parmasan will survive surface mold far better than mozzarella.

Tangwena

Veteran
Everything gets tested on the legal side. I'm more curious if COBs are just not for the legal side of the market because of inherent mold issues that could never pass.
Cobs are for people who want to get high not for everyone, the vast majority of people will never know what they are and thats the way it should be.
Cob cured buds are like cigars not to everyones taste, some things are just different from the normal mass produced green buds for the masses.
Its like growing your own compared to buying from a shop.
The problem with cob cured buds is they take time and effort not to mention a little skill to produce the best.
The price would be too high if they were to be sold to the general public.
If it gets legalized in Australia next month when the Greens party introduces a bill to federally legalize pot watch this space ha ha.

Tangwena

Veteran
90 some grams of cob here. All from the same plant. Currently on day 5 of fermenting and had them out last night to dry a bit and try to slow down the process.
Getting nice and hard. Hash smell is slowly getting more obvious.
Love the orange colors coming through still a bit young of course but well on the way.
I had a blend of two cobs yesterday very interesting results.
If you take two cures of different plants some highs get cancelled while new effects are created.
But the best is when two similar effects join forces and you end up boosting those effects.
ie euphoria that is my goal.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cobs are for people who want to get high not for everyone, the vast majority of people will never know what they are and thats the way it should be.
Cob cured buds are like cigars not to everyones taste, some things are just different from the normal mass produced green buds for the masses.
Its like growing your own compared to buying from a shop.
The problem with cob cured buds is they take time and effort not to mention a little skill to produce the best.
The price would be too high if they were to be sold to the general public.
If it gets legalized in Australia next month when the Greens party introduces a bill to federally legalize pot watch this space ha ha.
I don't think the cost is a factor. The quality of something should always drive prices. Just like wine, just like cars. Doing anything well takes time.

Tangwena

Veteran
I don't think the cost is a factor. The quality of something should always drive prices. Just like wine, just like cars. Doing anything well takes time.
For sure I would pay well over the norm for exceptionally potent cobs.
Just not enough people know about them for commercial interests to get interested.
That could change over time of course but I see it as a niche market until then.
If it is legalized here in Australia this year I will be doing my best to feed that niche market for sure.

Tangwena

Veteran
Once the word gets out about how good something it always goes fast.
Law of the street isn't it back in Africa years ago there was plenty of cheap pot but when the good stuff came round you bought as much as you could afford to stock your cellar.
Its no different to a wine vintage you buy on past reputation and past delivery on that reputation and get in early so you can look after the wine and bring out your preferred flavors and tastes.
Cobs or candy bar slabs are no different, trusted grower, good season good plants makes good cobs.
Buy young and sweat, age, to your own requirements.
Or buy ready aged by a master curer based on reputation and past results.
You get what you pay for as a batch ages and matures its reputation among users will drive the price up as the supply dwindles.
It will be like cannabis bit coins ha ha.
Theres plenty of action for everyone if your good grow and trade your own.
Or if you prefer buy from a trusted source, its a new scene in the west been going on forever in Africa.

Latest posts

Latest posts