What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kerala Landrace info

If anyone has any experience with Kerala please tell us about that experience. Through searching the ICMAG and the web i've come across only a handful of info.

post some pics or give e some insights into growing these strains outside their native area.

window

Veteran
Hi Curbie, I'm flowering a pure Kerala now, 12/12 from rooted clone.
My mate collected the seeds from India, I've only popped one, just to see how it grows and it turned out to be a female.
The seed plant took a long time to show sex, I believe they harvest around December/ January time in India.
I will take a pic when I can.

window

Veteran
Only a week, I'm root binding her ( small pot ) to limit stretch and to see how she behaves. I once grew Kerala x haze from seedsman but only on my bedroom windowsill using light deep in the summer and she got huge, filled the whole window. The plant hermed on me but I think it could have been my fault, leaving her in the cupboard too long on weekend's because I was too lazy to get her out when the alarm went off at 7. I was doing 7 till 7 and sometimes wouldn't get her out till gone 9 screwing her light schedule.
I chopped her at ten weeks and she was fully seeded but still gave a great buzz, got all most an ounce and till this day I say she was one of the most beautiful plants I have ever grown.
I took pics but on an old mobile/cell phone and now the phone won't work ( buttons won't respond ) but will try to get it fixed someday and try to upload them.
I will put up a pic tonight of the one I have now.:biggrin:

window

Veteran
Here we go, my little Kerala lady.
Been flowering 8 days from rooted clone and allready over a foot tall.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Sorry for my poor camera skills.
This is more of an experiment to see if I can grow her indoors with my limited space and to see if she is sexually stable.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Good luck and patience! Looks identical to the RSC offering so should be good.

window

Veteran
Good luck and patience! Looks identical to the RSC offering so should be good.

Thanks Thule, that is great news as I missed out on the RSC offering.
These were collected in Kerala from seeded weed, my friend scored lots from different sources there but said it was all the same variety.
When flying back to the U.K, they stopped at Deli for a night and scored Afghan hash from a pipe/tobacco shop.:biggrin:
Have you grown the RSC offering?
Did they herm?

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Thanks Thule, that is great news as I missed out on the RSC offering.
These were collected in Kerala from seeded weed, my friend scored lots from different sources there but said it was all the same variety.
When flying back to the U.K, they stopped at Deli for a night and scored Afghan hash from a pipe/tobacco shop.:biggrin:
Have you grown the RSC offering?
Did they herm?

I lost my last seed order in the mail so I haven't grown Kerala yet, apart from one od plant years ago and too far north. I found a few old packs online so I'm going to see if those are still good to go. Kerala is what I consider a quintessential sativa, a must have for a landrace lover.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
And I never heard of hermies with this line. Roms grew some years ago, the thread is still here but most of the pics are gone.

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
We had one beautiful plant a few years ago, definately not very suitable for indoor growing but we did a cross with a mexican male from the seeds I collected from Oaxaca. Think I should pop a few beans of the Kerala x Mexican cross next year and see what happens.

window

Veteran
We had one beautiful plant a few years ago, definately not very suitable for indoor growing but we did a cross with a mexican male from the seeds I collected from Oaxaca. Think I should pop a few beans of the Kerala x Mexican cross next year and see what happens.

That sounds like a great cross Farmer John.:biggrin:
Oaxaca is one I would love to grow, a real old school American classic. Being from the U.K I have never smoked a pure mex let alone grown one.
I'm praying C.b.g release there Oaxacan one day.

window

Veteran
Thule; Kerala is what I consider a quintessential sativa said:
I totally agree, well said.
That's a shame your seeds were lost in the mail but good news you found some more, good luck with them.
RSC is a great company, I want to grab there Nepalese before there gone.
Just recently I tried to pop some of there Lebanese from there original stock and only one made it out of 8 seeds and that too turned out female.
Great news Roms Kerala did not herm, I will check out his thread, thanks.

window

Veteran
Bud development at 5-6 weeks, this is gonna take a long time, heh.
picture.php

I recently repotted her into a slightly bigger pot and she shot up another foot, crazy.
I need to get some worm castings to make some tea for her as she is very nutrient sensitive

waveguide

Veteran
i've grown seedsman kerala in a micro and sorta repeat the above.. stretched like crazy until they were wrapped all over the place and hermied but who can blame them. i got two phenos including the xmas tree shape someone wrote about in an old thread.

not a sat for micros.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bud development at 5-6 weeks, this is gonna take a long time, heh.
View Image
I recently repotted her into a slightly bigger pot and she shot up another foot, crazy.
I need to get some worm castings to make some tea for her as she is very nutrient sensitive

Heya, have you started a thread/grow log for that bad-ass? I would definitely enjoy following that along :)

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
i've grown seedsman kerala in a micro and sorta repeat the above.. stretched like crazy until they were wrapped all over the place and hermied but who can blame them. i got two phenos including the xmas tree shape someone wrote about in an old thread.

not a sat for micros.

You mean their Kerala x Original Haze? Did you end up with any seeds? If so I would hold onto those even if hermie, it's rare stuff.

window

Veteran
Heya, have you started a thread/grow log for that bad-ass? I would definitely enjoy following that along :)

Hey Mikell, no I did not start a thread as I'm just experimenting with this one just to see what it would be like to grow......and its a bit of a nightmare, lol.
Curbiechris asked me to keep this thread updated to collect more Kerelan info, so I will just drop a post and pic periodically here.
Originally I tried root restriction to keep her small and manageable and was going to just feed worm casting tea but her fan leaves are yellowing and dropping.
These nld's need root space so I bit the bullet and repotted her yesterday to a bigger pot, something I may regret if it promotes more stretching as I'm running out of room for her.
I may try and bend her down but the stem and branches all though thin are hard like bamboo.
picture.php

window

Veteran
You mean their Kerala x Original Haze? Did you end up with any seeds? If so I would hold onto those even if hermie, it's rare stuff.

Hey Thule, I still have seeds from my Indian haze that hermed but they are a few years old now and not really stored great, I may try and germ a couple.
I'm not sure if it was my poor light regimen that turned her or just the genetics.

Latest posts

Latest posts