What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

12,000 watt 18 bulb vertical madness

D

DHF

Yea im thinking no a/c my self.I have realy high ceiling 12 feet and the right cfm pulling air threw the room .out side temps 10 deg to -40 bellow. I will be pulling air into the room at 65-68 deg.
It sounds like I should run 4 ballast not 8 and flip flop the stacked bulbs but run 8 bulbs .This is a 12x12x12 room.You think I should do.Run 8 high 12 wide 6 feet deep 20 plants 8 bulbs 4 ballast flip flop?my sq feet on that would be 576 now 4 pods 5x5x8 would be 800 sq feet im all ears my friend .It goes up in 24 hours beleave me a 12x8x6 would be easer I would run 8 bulbs 8 ballast wide open to up the yeald if I had to .to stay away from 4 pods I could move around alot more .Or even 6 bulbs wide open 3 across high 3 across low but no flip flop run wide open?
Bro.......Slow down....All these numbers you`re slingin at me mean nuthin without explaining what your gameplan would be plant number wise as well as how many lights per room for watts per sq ft and such...

Quit freakin out....We`ll getchas there....

Hit me in pm if yas need to but chill.....It is what it is....Puttin it together by the 6th is gonna be a chore.....but...

You did this to yourself....Adapt or perish.....Here ta help......You`ll be fine.....just don`t really know whatchas wanna do with said sq ftg and the high ceilings that suck lumens from the grow if they`re not reflected back down at the plants....

Peace....DHF....:ying:......

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Hey Maina, your grow sounds great so far and I like your style, thanks for the information on your photoperiod, I've been known to mess about with them in the past but I've never though about your method before, I'll have to give it a run, right now I'm running 20/4 for veg rather than 24/0 like I'm used to.

I'm with DHF, I can't figure out exactly what your doing in my head, sorry bro. So your having 3 600s stacked? how many plants will this provide light for?

You guys are doing a nice job and already know your stuff so it's gonna be one nice grow and I can't wait to see what yas do with your space.

Peace
HGO

Maina

Veteran
Sorry I will slow down.
Im kinda stuck in a box lol.
I can run 20/22 plants max in this room.Veg time 2 1/2 months from clone, flower 10/11 weeks. Its a organic soil mix plants going in 15 gallon smart pots and I want to get the best yeald I can of them in that 12x12x12 room.and be able to move around.
I got the stuff for this puzzle to come togeather just want to do it right.And I realy dont want to go, two high on plants,just one high.I already have room wired up. I like that the room is high so the heat of the bulbs will rise straight up and away from plants and get sucked out of room.I dont want to go over 8 feet high in this room.I would like to pull 8 ounces a plant this strain I under stand very well now.I have already pulled 9,10 ounces a plant with hoods but as we all know vert is the best bang for the buck room wise.I have this strain dialed in SSSDH .so now I want to run with it.This room will be a low number vert ,other room I know how its going to go 35 plants five gallon smart pots 2 levels,3 room may do a 22 plant colosseum and I have 12 1000 watters to play with to do it all .But the cliff hanger is this first room.also have a 4 ballast flip floper to run 8 bullbs but it will be for just 1 room to run.

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
lol maina, SSSDH with 10 weeks veg this is going to be one hell of a show! How ya like that SSSDH? Does you cut have that lemon candy dankness? How are you going to train the SSSDH? OK I can picture your room now, 20 plants will be overkill for a tree grow in that space, or did you even say it's a tree grow? Sorry my head's a bit fried with this hash lol I need to re-read your thread.

:bashhead::bashhead:

HGO

Maina

Veteran
lol maina, SSSDH with 10 weeks veg this is going to be one hell of a show! How ya like that SSSDH? Does you cut have that lemon candy dankness? How are you going to train the SSSDH? OK I can picture your room now, 20 plants will be overkill for a tree grow in that space, or did you even say it's a tree grow? Sorry my head's a bit fried with this hash lol I need to re-read your thread. :comfort: Little high:laughing:
Yea its killa cut,lemon candy with a diesal fuel pinch.
I wanted to train then straight to a vert screen wall.But have part of it on wheels to get in and out of it.What ever it takes to fill to walls 12 feet long 8 feet high.
As I was laying in bed I was thinking what if I ran the vert down the middle of the room 8 plants 0n one wall 8 on the other 1 on each end and put one plant and screen on wheels on each side so I could get to each side that would give me two 12x8 walls so thats 3 feet from wall is the screen kinda like a donut but flat from floor to raftas. so main wall go out 3 feet ,then screen, 6 feet to 2 screen, then 3 feet to main room wall. 8 bulbs 4 ballasts that would give me if it only takes 2 months to fill the screens im all for it the sssdh stretchs realy nice.I realy want to hit 8lb

:bashhead::bashhead:
ok stop :laughing: lol
HGO
Are we having fun yet

Maina

Veteran
Yea she is all lemon and diesal baby:tiphat:
yea its not realy a tree grow.
I realy like how the guys do the donut grows with screens .I would like to do something like that but not round eather square or straight wall of screan.realy want to hit 8 lbs or more of 20/22 plants .
I was just thinking if I ran the two screened walls down the middle of the room with 6 feet between the screen walls and three feet from screens to main room walls that would be a nice walk way.now I could get inside to train the plants if each wall had a 3 foot area on wheels so I could go from side to side and inside to work on plants and train. thinking 8 plants per wall and one plant on each end.run 4 ballasts and 8 bulbs if screan fills sooner the veg will be shorter. so two screaned walls 12 long 8 high.or some thing diff.:tiphat:

Maina

Veteran
shit two post it wasnt there so I did it agian posted it and the first one is up then the new one shit! sorry:fsu::dunno:

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SSSDH is dah bomb

I've grown Super Silver Haze (SSH) that was an 11-12 week strain but as I got more into cash cropping, I needed a shorter yield time BUT that SSH wow.....I had friends hit it that couldn't stand after taking a rip it was that strong...and very psycoactive to the point of almost hallucinating...wish I had tested it, I wouldn't be surprised if it was over 25% THC.

D

DHF

Bro ....Yas just got done doin 4 plants in a 10 x 10 and now yas wanna do 20-22 in 12 x 12 ?.....in 15 gal smartpots ta boot ?....not sure the plants would ever fill the bags with roots and be air pruned by end of stretch but there`s only one wayta find out.......

If yas did 3' centers that`d only be 9 plants equally spaced out in the room with a 10 week veg runnin a sativa hybrid ?.....but....

That`s just 9....not the 20-22 you speak of doin.....I mean....10 week veg on a sativa hybrid`s gonna give yas some lanky ass tall and wide bitches or am I missin somethin....

20-22 plants don`t work equidistant in a 12 x 12 room with x rows by x rows as in 5 x 5`s 25 and 4 x 4`s 16 , so just tryin ta figure out whatchas are tryin to accomplish......and then....

There`s the talk of flippin lights back and forth during 12 hr cycles with such high ceilings.....lotta light gonna be lost up in the rafters where no plants can benefit from it.....I`m just sayin....

Still not sure howta help yas Bro....

Peace...DHF....:ying:.....

Last edited:

Maina

Veteran
I took a deap breath relaxed and I got it under control.I Only did trees that one time.It came togeather very well for me.But it was a step I needed to take to get me to 3 rooms going and it did $$$$:tiphat:Im learning alot from you guys big time I am going to go threw with my idea, I know it will work and I have to trust myself.AHH my spelling sucks sooo much it makes it hard to let you know what im talking about,sorry.so on with picks:jump:

Maina

Veteran
IMAG0432.jpg

IMAG0433.jpg

IMAG0428.jpg

IMAG0429.jpg

IMAG0430.jpg

IMAG0427-1.jpg
My new 14 inch 1500 CFM axial duct fan and 25 feet of insulated heavyduty duct this is a new room 16 plants 15 gallon smartpots Alot of work in the morning better to show yaaa with picks then tellyaa:tiphat:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHF

Can`t see pics again Brah....Oh well.....Saw where yas was gonna mimic Red`s setup with plants on the walls , but didn`t know bout checkerboarding the 4 lights back and forth......

Hope you`ll have sufficient watts per sq ft and all works as you plan......

Good luck...DHF....:ying:....

D

DHF

Mega.....My proxie and bullshit dialup connection at the farm in North Hell only accepts pics d`loaded to the site.....

I stay pissed off tryin ta help folks but can`t see the pics from photobucket and other such sites.......

I steal wi-fi from my neighbor when I`m at the beach , but I`ve been home for lil over a month with dial up and it`s gettin on my nerves....

Anyways....Thanks Maina.....You my new hero......3 rooms flippin behind each other a month or so in age`ll make yas happy and keep product available constantly instead of all at once after 3 months or so from start ta finish and then start all over again = PITA.....so.....

Perpetual FTW......Good luck and.....

Happy New Yr....DHF.....:ying:....

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ahhh I C said the blind man, sorry DHF, man you DO live in Hell! lol

Have you looked into satellite internet? AND as an added bonus I have a huge ass old dish sitting on my fence that has not been used in ...hmmm...6 years...would be happy to let you have it? I (years ago) could not get DSL speeds EVEN though I live within spitting distance of the Silicon Valley and it was my only solution for a while.

Check it out DHF it might be an option for you, the latency issue kinda blows if you like to play online games but that was 6 years ago maybe they improved things since then.

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice start!
Cant wait to see once the whole thing finish, gonna be a very fine example of vertical growing ;) , ill watch from back here!

cheers,
red.