What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

jock horror, anybody heard of it???

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
made by sativa seedbank which is run by nirvana....

"Jock is a multiple hybrid of Northern Light, Skunk and Haze. which delivers a strong up buzz. This variety produces so much resin even the branches glisten with glands. Jock Horror has a very unique fresh flavour and packs a strong up buzz. Finishes earlier than original Jack of a few years ago. One of our favourites.

* Plant type: Best suitable for indoor growing.
* Plant height: Tall- Mostly Sativa
* Stoned or high?: Sativa High- Cereberal Buzz
* THC level: Strong 15-20%
* Flowering Weeks: 9/11
* Yield (Sea of Green on one m2) : 350-450
* Harvest Month: 9/10
* Grow difficulty: Moderate "

i have not tried it but it sounds lanky to me.......indoors think about karma genetics if you want jack herer....

Its a knockoff or f2 or whatever you wanna call it. There is a Nirvana fan seed thread here that shows many good pics of nirvana strains. Go check it out in the flower pix section. I think for what you pay for you get a pretty decent plant.

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jock (Jack) is a great, high yielding, fairly potent strain. Got a purple pheno (prolly from Nirvana's purple skunk #1) that had a great cherry taste.

WelderDan

Veteran
I've grown it. There is some variance, some tall, long flowering phenos, some shorter faster flowering ones. I had one pheno that was tall, heavy buds and covered in trichomes. Even the stems. 10-11 weeks flowering on that one and it had a very strong up, heady buzz. Cured to a musty citrus/sandalwood taste.

It's an under-rated strain IMO .

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh man, let me tell you. I was in Havana and met this real hot number on the beach. We hit it off and spent the next 8 days together in bed.

So, I get home and 8 days later break out with these Jock Sores. Had to get some meds to take it away.

Stay away man.

deadbent666

Thanks for the feedback. Just wanted some opinions from people that have grown it. I got the Nirvana one and it is already huge and beautiful. Tall has hell with plenty of clones to cut.

D

DonkDBZ

Grew out 10 seeds got 6 fem's 4 were looking nice and one was a keeper.

a couple pics from my vert scrog

she finishes in 8 weeks full cloudy. If ya like amber give her 9. 8 weeks nice head high lil body. 9 weeks adds more body with same head high. Skunky piney smell with same taste. All my friends love smoking her. Downsides average yeild and lil faster then normal tolerance buildup.

Antoine Mack

cannasseur extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i´m pretty sure it´s just jack herer x jack herer.as far as i know,they
started pretending,that it´s a cross made by them in the big book of buds 3.
they also claim ak-48 to be a cross of ice and jock horror or something.
sounds kind of strange to me!
cos for years,if people wanted to buy a cheap f2-version of the ak-47 for
example,they bought ak-48;people who did not have the money for the real
jack herer,bought jock horror.to me and many others(here in europe)they are
known for making f2´s mainly and offering them for a few bucks.there was
a time,where they charged less then 20 bucks(euros)for every strain
they offered.
maybe they had to adjust there image(after they raised the prices)by claiming
that they in fact do breeding.
btw:i don´t want to talk bad about nirvana,but there "new" inforamtion policy
is at least some kind of questionable to me(just according to my very own
impression gained by observing the seedbiz through the eyes of a critical
customer for the last years)

I've been told by multiple people who claim or are expected to be in the "know" that Nirvana doesn't make f2's and recreates the AK-47, White Widow, White Rhino, etc.

I mean fuck, if you put that sort of work into making something similar to the original wouldn't you be charging more than F2 prices? Basically gets us to where you were mentioning image. It's amazing how people will see low prices and question the quality such as with Cannacopia but when it comes to a lot of the crooks who charge an arm and a leg for inferior beans nearly no one questions them. All about image.

I don't know what to think of Nirvana there's good evidence (the similar stem/veining inherieted supporting they use their Skunk to hybridize a lot of F1 stock. Other strains you can only suspect they made F2's. I think they're releasing a lot of original strains like their Raspberry Cough and such to become the guys who make affordable yet original strains instead of being the guys who make cheap reliable F2's and hybrids of known strains.