What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wrinkled leaves- Mosaic virus? Overfert? Mutation? Sodium ? pH ?

oldog

Could it be Neem oil ?

Could it be Neem oil ?

10K- the women in this house might be guilty of stealing a bud or two but for sure're not trying to kill them off !!

These leaves that look like tubes are a mystery - found nothing like it anywhere on the net. Hazy - I am going to have to come around to virus although its said that virus cant pass along through seeds. I'm running out of other possibilities.

Now.. the first few weeks growth looked excellent and the latest growth does not look quite as bad... the leaves are wrinkled but not curled. Which makes me think... could it be something that happened on one occasion, at a particular time?
Like spraying with Azamax Neem oil ? On both these and the previous affected grow, I wet the heck out of them with a sprayer, both under the leaves and on top.( strenght/dilution was calculated when I was relatively straight)
That could account for the plant looking good up to a point and then getting affected /curled wrinkled. ie now its trying to recover.

Stitch: " are they all from the same seeds?" Yes this set are all
from seeds of the previous sick 'Tube leaf ' ones. Notice that the indica-ish plant is least affected. (From seed from the same parent as the others)

Anyway!...... I put them on 12/12 yesterday and hope to get even a few hits out of them. Ordered new seeds.
' Once more to the breach dear friends '.. as old King Henry said.

Thank you to all !

smokeymacpot

Veteran
those curling leaves look like its a low humidity/ high temperature problem. the curled parts are dry and brittle or if not right away after a few weeks become brittle?
do you have ALOT of airflow in your cab and low humidity ? i suspect you do and that maybe that strain does not like it.

oldog

Thanks Smokey- been down that dry hot road but I don't think its that. Bought a humidifier , cut down the fan,.. no effect after weeks.
Curled like a tube in winter and summer. Leaves are not dry at all. In the photos they look like they would crumble if you crushed them but no, they are soft and pliable.
"maybe that strain does not like it" - this symptom was on three strains at the same time. See early posts.

Cheers

smokeymacpot

Veteran
well thats the only time ive seen it is when its dry with lots of light and they are curling to cover the leaves surface to slow down photosythnesis and reduce moisture loss.
if its not the strain, then that only points to one thing, the environment. do you have something to read humidity?
ahh i have looked back and you have a 600w hps, that is powerful dude, how far away is the bulb from the plants? try raising it by half a foot and see how it responds.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
From what I have seen, neem oil can burn the plants, but i have not seen it tube them like that.....

I agree with smokey, but since this problem has happened to past plants the same way and around the same time..... This is a very odd situation, but I think you should start fresh and get rid of those seeds.

How are they doing now, they getting worse? What does newer growth look like? coming out twisted?

Just by the way the situation is, it sounds like there is a problem that is not caused by the grower itself, but something else causing this problem.
Some people soak seeds in h202 before they break open to help reduce problems like this......

oldog

Smokey the younger leaves are looking better, crinkled but not curled/tubed.
Humidity is about 55% at midday. I will move the light away a bit and watch them.
Stitch , I have discarded the few seeds left, and wont clone these plants.
Going to make a fresh start with five new seeds. Will use Neem on only one of them
and see if it affects it.

smokeymacpot

Veteran
as the plant gets older and bigger they can handle more light and heat better. i suspect that now you have moved the light further, (how much is abit? you want to find out if this is really the cause so make sure its a good amount), the new growth should be normal.
post back in a week or 2 if it sorts it.

Harvest

looks viral to me, i just delt with something very similar if not identical to your first post not the clone looking plant, the crumpled look of the leaves and up curling with eventual yellow shitty looking tops and then down the plant....i had 3 ogs that i respect and have at least 10yrs on me in the growing game, all said TMZ or some sort or virus. it took a all 3 of them saying that to me for me to be convinced, every single one said scarp everything clean, bleach and bug bomb, and start over. its been a week almost 2 now since i cleaned out my veg room, i got new growth in there and everything seems to be staying healthy for now. So unfortunately this is my suggestion to you my friend. NEVER GIVE UP!

oldog

Smokey: " now you have moved the light further, (how much is abit? ..."
I'm now 18" above the tops under 400MH-going to change over to 600 sodium
as soon as I work up the energy.

Stitch:" did you mix the neem yourself or was it already mixed? "
I mixed it myself using the maximum concentration recommended.

Harvest: I could have bought enough herbs to last me the rest of my life
for all the money and time I've spent trying to grow. I guess I have a
'blackthumb' instead of a green one. Gonna try one last time, this time in dirt.

Harvest

this shit aint easy. but with a site like ic there is no question you can put out top notch buds. pm me if you'd like i can give you a very easy menu for you and your plants to use. or if you have any other questions feel free to pm me, i hate seeing people struggling and would love to help.

Hey there..

I've been growin for 25 years,breeding,etc..

Let me do you a favor and anybody else that runs into this type of symptom...

I will tell you flat out the truth..
It is a Virus....

Understand that?? a VIRUS!!!!

Do not listen to these mushrooms that toss out all these variables such as insect damage,ph fluctuation,nutrients etc....

This is a Virus...mosaic virus has many many more symptoms than just the classic mottling discoloration,,,that is but yet 1 sign...

This virus will be an utter challenge to get rid of in your grow area once you have acquired it,,,and friend you have it in spades!!

A single fungus gnat will continue to spawn infected larvae with the virus and kill future grows..

Hydroponic nutrient solution will transfer it via roots, handling a fan leaf of an infected plant and touching another passes it..

Pots need to be bleached with 90% solution and never have any soil from previous grows or net pots around.

I unlike many others here have been well versed in this virus in cannabis...

Let me just say like 3 years worth.....I've seen every facet of it and can spot it a mile away..

I was exposed by a fellow gifting me cuts that were infected,,,and yes they were of the chem and OG genre....

Utter nightmare Zombie virus...

Never keep any plants that are from a possibly infected batch,or seed!

This is spread through seed if the parents were infected,don't be a fool! research it! I speak fact!

I had spoken on this in a seed vendor's thread here who is doing the killer queen and c99 gear here, as a grower there had shown symptoms but it was quickly deleted in typical Nazi fashion!
The longer people keep their heads in the sand with regards to this virus the more it will be spread!

Attachments

• IMG_4697-1.jpg
    IMG_4697-1.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4701-1.jpg
    IMG_4701-1.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4694-1.jpg
    IMG_4694-1.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 17
young seedlings can be seen as infected as the secondary nodes turn pale yellow and growth stunts for 2 weeks then starts again..
Don't be fooled these plants are carrying the virus...

crinkling can be seen often as well...

not the same as DJ short's BB symptoms but look very similar.

Attachments

• IMG_4702.jpg
    IMG_4702.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4703.jpg
    IMG_4703.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4705.jpg
    IMG_4705.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 19

oldog

" I had spoken on this in a seed vendor's thread here who is doing the killer queen and c99 gear here, as a grower there had shown symptoms but it was quickly deleted in typical Nazi fashion!"

Why would they delete your post ? Because you said the posters plants had a virus ?

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
I knew something was not right when you first showed the pictures oldog, the classic problems did not add up.
in regards to the neem, I personally would never use full strength neem on smaller plants and let a long the first dosage, some can get burned easily so I would use a little amount under full strength at first. I have seen neem damage before and it can cause curling of the leaves, but it would not do it on one part it would be random and be in the area where the most neem had been, neem damage is not your problem and I fully agree with wandering roman.

Wandering Roman, that is an awesome post dude and the pictures are fantastic of the problem!

When your plants get a virus/bacteria problem it's a pain in the ass and you gotta treat it as if it's complete biohazard, the work you do in not letting this spread and getting rid of it quickly as possible, is nothing compared to the work you must do if it spreads, because it has to be cleaned and scrubbed and I speak of experience when something dirty has to be scrubbed, I am a stay at home housewife who takes care of my father and he is a total mess when it comes to hygiene.
It takes hours and a lot of work to properly sanitize something and what sucks is the bigger the area the more work.....

Good thing you got rid of those seeds, just make sure everything is sanitized, including clippers and if you used clone solution, make sure you did not dip it in the container and other things like this, sometimes it's the least obvious thing that can get you re-infected.

In reguards to neem

Harvest

When your plants get a virus/bacteria problem it's a pain in the ass and you gotta treat it as if it's complete biohazard, the work you do in not letting this spread and getting rid of it quickly as possible, is nothing compared to the work you must do if it spreads, because it has to be cleaned and scrubbed and I speak of experience when something dirty has to be scrubbed,
It takes hours and a lot of work to properly sanitize something and what sucks is the bigger the area the more work.....
:yeahthats:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Latest posts

Latest posts