What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Private Strains?

Skip

Veteran
I've noticed some ppl clicked on "My Strains", thinking it was for posting up their private strains. That wasn't the initial intent, but now that I know that was causing ppl to post up incomplete info, I think we can allow for private strains to be listed.

The problem with publically listing such info is that it's usually incomplete, it's about strains that aren't publically available and there may not be any pics available. We weren't going to allow that, but for personal use, it's no problem...

We just need to put an option in that indicates the entry is a private strain. Then it won't be listed in any public area, but it will provide a useful repository for your personal strain info.

So what do you think of that? Will anyone use it for that?

Last edited:

Skip

Veteran
The private strain option is now available for new strains posted in the IC Strainguide.

We might need that for grow reports too, I'm thinking now... What's the point of having a publicly viewable grow report for a strain nobody else can get?

guy fawkes

Veteran
just for insperation for our own projects, i like to read about hypercars but il never have one :), as long as folk put up the basic breeding info and such i think i could be an interesting forum.
i am thinking down the same line as youselfs arnt i?? im rather stoned atm lol

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
We might need that for grow reports too, I'm thinking now... What's the point of having a publicly viewable grow report for a strain nobody else can get?

It makes sense to me from the aspect of medical use. Some or most of these genetics are not going to be made public. You may only be able to get buds, oils, or edibles at dispensaries. Having an avenue of research may be very helpful for many people. Sadly enough any genetics made available that are worth a damn. Are grown out, copied, relabeled and another takes credit of your hard work. DJ Short is a prime example of this. To his credit he is still creating and producing some of the best genetics in the world.
Unlike many so called breeders that have only been around a few years. Already have 20 plus hybrids. Nothing is stabilized or breeds true. Having a background of work to read about will help people make an informed decision.
Peace

soserthc1

I'm thinking you last two guys are stoned .....

Both your questions/comments are 3 yrs from the previous post

DjKinetics

I've noticed some ppl clicked on "My Strains", thinking it was for posting up their private strains. That wasn't the initial intent, but now that I know that was causing ppl to post up incomplete info, I think we can allow for private strains to be listed.

The problem with publically listing such info is that it's usually incomplete, it's about strains that aren't publically available and there may not be any pics available. We weren't going to allow that, but for personal use, it's no problem...

We just need to put an option in that indicates the entry is a private strain. Then it won't be listed in any public area, but it will provide a useful repository for your personal strain info.

yes this will be good

Cide1951

I've noticed some ppl clicked on "My Strains", thinking it was for posting up their private strains. That wasn't the initial intent, but now that I know that was causing ppl to post up incomplete info, I think we can allow for private strains to be listed terraria

It is really helpful for me.