What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Flushing with Kool aid

tree d

I think it's funny that people think that the roots are like a direct pipeline to what goes into the plant......
As though what ever flavor you add to the soil will just get sucked up and deposited in the bud or something!!!! Hahaha. priceless.

Why not throw some rusty nails in for iron and some birth control pills to feminize the plants while your at it!!! :jerkit:

Most people have no concept of what actually takes place at root level as things are converted to usable form. People should really read a book or 2 before spouting off nonsense.

toohighmf

Veteran
well people do use estrogen and birth control pills to some success. molasses is some heavy shit to carry around. a couple packets of kool aid with black strap and Hawaiian punch gets you dextrose and sucrose. the same as whats in carbo load.

TREE D: does clearex not work as a flush??? its all sugar based? I dont use flushing agents in my hydro flush but I do flush with carbo the first week (of 2-3) and it does seem to lightly strip the plant of food, forcing the plant to metabolize its reserves in a much slower process as other clearing agents. I completely agree that the best flavour comes from stripping the plant of everything gradually. less is more is hydro. soil though.... totally different animal and can never fully leach the ferts out, particularly organics like guano. taste the food! not the fertilizer!

nusoflight

Flushing with Kool aid - Anyone tried it? Lot's of people use molasses or carboload right? Would it serve the same purpose, I understand it is processed sugar, but it's still sugar right? And would your weed taste like koolaid?

This was purported to me by another grower, I have been thinking about it really stoned and have not been able to make up my mind about what I think on the subject. I like Kool aid, and weed.....
Yes I have do hydroponics best and micro waved honey and or molasses mixed with iced cold water ice removed afterward ph down a tad to removed salt in koolaid and feed to reservoir yes 7 and nothing more then 7 packs of any koolaid and in week 6 to 8 or 5 to 8 in flowering yes in vegetable state spray just w weeks before flowering no mix just plain water and spray lightly for 14 days not saturated dripping just lightly ur plants will respond to it in flowering due to vegetable folar spray

Now this KOOLAID method for u who don't know this is game hood shit and purple maxx knows this don't believe me buy it and use this prove hood koolaid kush method u will thank J-Good and God later for this free game. Its to be sold not told remember ph needs to be correct hate if u want if u hood then u know this koolaid kush oh some jarassic acid and I'm out

So when I went heavy on molasses one run, the flower crackled and smelled like cotton candy when smoked. I think to get this or any flavoring to work would be to feed it to earthworms 1st, or brew some bacteria and feed it your concoction in small doses, then apply the mixture to your rez or sprayer?

Drewsif

So you grow hydro then try to flavor it. Do you people hate weed flavor or what?

Cracks me up how many people say it doesn't "work" . Yes it "works" and ruins your plant. You ain't getting no dank flavors. Just a fake smell and worse flavor.

The only legitimate way to influence the flavor of your bud is through ferments and mineral feeds for microbes. If you're set on growing hydro you just have to accept that your bud is poopoo grade product, completely lacking in secondary metabolites and really only good for distillate, another boring poopoo product.

There's no way around it. Making your bud smell like something else, weigh more than it should and taste like shit isn't the answer. Switch to organics and quit goofing around with chemical weed

Big Nasty

So you grow hydro then try to flavor it. Do you people hate weed flavor or what?

Cracks me up how many people say it doesn't "work" . Yes it "works" and ruins your plant. You ain't getting no dank flavors. Just a fake smell and worse flavor.

The only legitimate way to influence the flavor of your bud is through ferments and mineral feeds for microbes. If you're set on growing hydro you just have to accept that your bud is poopoo grade product, completely lacking in secondary metabolites and really only good for distillate, another boring poopoo product.

There's no way around it. Making your bud smell like something else, weigh more than it should and taste like shit isn't the answer. Switch to organics and quit goofing around with chemical weed
I agree that my weed grown in soil is better than my weed in dwc(with the same mineral ferts) but i wouldn't say my dwc weed is shitty weed,more resin and less smell and taste but not bad at all,it's just the downside of hydro but it's way more fun.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I agree that my weed grown in soil is better than my weed in dwc(with the same mineral ferts) but i wouldn't say my dwc weed is shitty weed,more resin and less smell and taste but not bad at all,it's just the downside of hydro but it's way more fun.

More fun than smokin the yum yum?

Big Nasty

More fun than smokin the yum yum?
my dwc weed might not be as pleasant in terms of smell and taste,not because is bad but it lacks in intensity, but if we talk about potency and effects is as strong or even more than my weed grown in soil so is actually the same fun :)

Bona Fortuna

One year, I had an excess of smaller plants and decided to do this experiment in soil.

Nothing came of it. Controls and altered specimens were nearly identical. Visually, structurally, taste, high...

The only REAL difference was the fact that many more ammendments were needed for the experimented specimens. Too many issues with the nutrients. Lockouts, deficiencies and health issues ran rampant with experimented specimens.

Latest posts

Latest posts