What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

buying clones?

L

larry badiner

i grow weed legally and everytime i buy a clone i get some bug or fungus, do i spray the clones down with neem after i buy them and that'll be good? i have like 4 cookie clones outside because they have pm

Reformist

How do you really know that's a legit cut of cookies? Chances are your source is selling you whack cuts, weak genetics or wrong strain. Your best bet would be to do it the old school method of buying seeds, taking clones, flowering out the seedlings, and keeping the winner. The biggest lessons I've learned in this game Are to not rely on others for genetics.

Why are you trying to grow cookies anyway? Hermie prone, long finishing low yielding. Terrible for a new grower.

Apache Kush

Maybe someone else will chime in here to help ya

I would goggle or do a search on dunking your clones in a bath of neem or something similar, ok good luck Ive read similar threads and guys do a bug bath or mold bath by dunking for a minute completely upside down...

Former Guest

Dunks are the best for coverage but won't kill everything like broad mites or root aphids. You're really taking a chance by purchasing clones over seeds. I keep mine in a seperate place and they have to be god damn special like GG#4 to risk something like that. :2cents:

100% Neem, Nuke Em, spinosad, etc. good luck!

sgbfcoop

I love clones. It's like picking up girls on backpack. You have to do it carefully.

Find out what days they get fresh drops.
Have a spare room just for dirty sluts and never spend the day with you slut that would would with you ladies.
before you take them inside hit them with some pythrine spray and take them straight to the backlog pad and dunk them in a 5 gallon bucket of azamax and let them soak while you get them a new medium And keep them separate and watch them for a few days.

I just picked up 4 cuts last Wednesday and they are still quarantined and looking A1. Nothing weird in the scope.

L

larry badiner

Dunks are the best for coverage but won't kill everything like broad mites or root aphids. You're really taking a chance by purchasing clones over seeds. I keep mine in a seperate place and they have to be god damn special like GG#4 to risk something like that. :2cents:

100% Neem, Nuke Em, spinosad, etc. good luck!

ill probably take this advice

Former Guest

I got broad mites from clones. They looked great for 3-4 wks then they were already in veg before I found out. Just it's your livelihood and finances at stake.

you should treat any thing you get from anyone, i do a bleach dip then a standard ipm till i can say there safe.

bringing in cuts isnt an issue, its a lack of an ipm or safe practices that are the issue for people.

if you cant do that then stick with what you have already or from seed and search for something you like.

eastcoastjoe

Google ISO spray or alcohol spray for pest control. My good friend swears by it , think he shoots for 25-30% alcohol to water
I say screw cuts and find your own elite. Most elites I've tried to date don't seem as special as they were hyped to be. Keep in mind , it's just a plant that came from a seed

Former Guest

you should treat any thing you get from anyone, i do a bleach dip then a standard ipm till i can say there safe.

bringing in cuts isnt an issue, its a lack of an ipm or safe practices that are the issue for people.

if you cant do that then stick with what you have already or from seed and search for something you like.

I said this too until I got broad mites. The clones were all treated, segregated for almost three weeks with no issue. One week in veg and I started having issues. It took a while for the chem pesticide to wear off the seller used before I bought them and by that time they were in my room.

I said this too until I got broad mites. The clones were all treated, segregated for almost three weeks with no issue. One week in veg and I started having issues. It took a while for the chem pesticide to wear off the seller used before I bought them and by that time they were in my room.

so you treated them or they treated them?

Former Guest

Both. I didn't know at the time they were treated with floramite, forbid and azamax. I went back there when I found the mites and found out what they used. I dunked with nuke em when I got home. Observed for weeks. Still didn't work.

something seems left out but not gonna dig into it, but from what it sounds is you didnt treat them until you saw a issue which is 100% a flaw, they should be treated as if they already have issues as 3 weeks would be plenty of time for them to relocate to a new host and vise versa.

i also wouldnt count on what someone else sprayed unless you can vouch for them, imo using forbid floramite and aza should have no mites if used correctly in a ipm but if there not used correctly there could also lie the issue.

the key is just being proactive vs reactive but we all have different ideas/thoughts on things so to each his own

Former Guest

I guess I didn't communicate it that well. I bought clones and dunked upon arrival home. I only found out what they used after 3weeks when the chems wore off. And I went back to them to tell them and found out they were treating them and selling them thinking they were bug free because of the sprays. But like I said, I believed the same thing that with treatment when they arrive in a segregated room for weeks, then even watched for a bit when they go in your room. They're dead now and I've only taken two clones since: GG#4 and a local cut only strain. It takes one time dealing with the bugs of death to reevaluate.

O

Oti$

I would dunk them in forbid, eagle 20, dunk the roots(if well established) in Bayer tree and shrub, heat them up (again if well established) to 120°, and cover in Worcester sauce and bury them upside down. Of course I'm kidding about the Worcester, but I've been reading horror stories about broad mites grudge fucking folks lately. If you can't afford to lose a crop or don't want to have to guess when problems start popping up it's better to be safe than sorry.

DONAJTHEIII

Find a reliable source for clones Fuck dispensaries real shit.

Only have 1 clone source and he's a vet so that makes me feels better that he grows out everything before I do.

That doesn mean I dont have a IPM

even if you start from seed IPM is key.

AJAE

Latest posts

Latest posts