What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Did my plant hermie? What do i do?

vince514

seeker of greater knowledge
Veteran
you should check every day cause if she's a full blown hermie the pollen sacks will come hot and heavy

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
Those are properly formed male flowers, you'll always get a seeded crop

Grit your teeth and bin it, it won't be the last time you have to do it

Jonnysact

Yeah, I'm preparing to see some seeds.

No more male flowers luckily! I'm checking every water. Just start with the lowest branch and climb up. Clean to go! Might change though.

J-zee

Scrap it, and start over now... Buy an oz to hold u over. I say scrap n start over asap. When u polish a turd, after all that work its still a turd.
Jus my 2 cents.
Good luck n my heart does hurt a little for u.

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
Kill the hermie, and Wait for the White Widows (are they good seeds?).

You see it Again and Again. Crap-seeds makes hermies...Sorry to say so...

P

Jonnysact

I'm glad to say that it's been over a week and no more balls have appeared on any nodes. Starting week 4 of flowering and the odor is beginning! Smells like candy grape when you touch and smell your fingers. Buds are getting much thicker and sugar leaves are getting sticky!!!

3kGWgFA.jpg

NKCEItX.jpg

DemonTrich

Veteran
look under the bud sites. you'll find some there (balls and nanners). im dealing with some hermie BS myself with a new strain grown from fem seed, as is another member on here with the same exact strain, germinated at the same time, and nanners/seeds found at the same time. ive already cut down 2 plants and put in the hash pile, and removed the next round of those plants from my veg tent as well. we have sister-he-she's in different states.

good luck and chop those evil bishes down.

GoneGrowing

looking good jdubsky, great that you're finding no more nanners/balls. But keep on checking, not only on internodes, but at budsites to. So many saying kill it without reflecting further, ignore that, but keep checking and just be aware of the risk that even though everything's looking good now it might turn bad and self-pollinate in a matter of days, but hope it was just a phase with balls in 2-4week as I mentioned, seems to fit he bill.

oh and btw, by the looks of the tips of fan leaves it seems it's a lil bit overferted, that might be stressing factor, so maybe try to tune ferts down a lil bit

Jonnysact

yeah, i did over feed hte last two feeds. I've dialed back a bit but now my runoff is running low on ph, going to flush next watering. Only going 700 ppm now, thought that was the correct amount but will have to dial back a bit next feed.

Jonnysact

Flushed them this morning due to very low PH runoff last feed and found 3 more balls starting up as well as one on a lower branch that looked like an upside down string of banana's that were slightly brighter than the rest of the plant. The banana sacs didn't look open yet but I imagine they did something, however luckily, they were below any pistils/bud sites so hopefully i don't get too many seeds from that little sneaky devil! lol

They are really starting to smell now, started week 4 of flowering yesterday.

Jonnysact

Today marks Day 02 of Week 04 of flowering. Buds are just starting to fatten up. So many more hurdles to come.

1) Still not exactly sure how to check Trichomes. Last time I brought my 60 - 100 x scope in I kept squishing the pistils. Even then It was next to impossible to keep my view steady even when sticking a piece of the bud into the little spot where the LED lights up the image. Will have to figure out that one. The pistils that have been disturbed from my touching or trying to use the magnifying glass have lost their white colour and are turning orange. Really don't quite understand the best way to check.

2) Figuring out my 2 week mark to stop feeding based on Trichomes. I'm guessing when most are cloudy and I see 1 or 2 amber, that's my 2 week mark?

3) Absolutely terrified of drying and curing. Seems so many people destroy their weed due to mold, etc... Really quite nervous about this step.

So basically, if I understand correctly, you want to avoid stressing your plant from too low temperature, too high temperature, over feeding, under feeding, PH, etc... All to make sure that you don't stress the plant into hermying? This is quite the learning process.

DemonTrich

Veteran
read simons fool proof dry and curing method. ive been using his curing tek for 3years and always get perfect results. and a r/h meter is a MUST when curing. otherwise how can you tell the moisture level of the buds.

DemonTrich

Veteran
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004K8RF10/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

these are the r/h temp gauges I use. cheaper than what simon put in his thread. and they fit into a 1/2 gallon wide mouth mason jar perfectly. I use 48 of them, as each jar gets its own meter.

so it seems like they raised their prices. they were 5.99@ when I bought my last batch of 36. maybe I drove up prices, I hope not as I need another 10. if they are 11.99, id source another option. 11.99 is outrageous for a cheapo r/h temp meter.

Jonnysact

Thanks for the link. I'm in Canada so I have to use amazon.ca and all of the prices there are much, much higher. $30 for this one. Might have to look elsewhere. That's very steep to simply give me a measurement of temp and humidity lol.

DemonTrich

Veteran
you might get lucky finding someone in the USA to make a purchace for you and send it across the border. but after duty fees and shipping it might just even out.

there are other r/h gauges out there, but ive been using these for 4+ years and was about the cheapest I found. lowes and home depot also has these for 8.99.

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
i routinely spray all my plants with dutchmaster's reverse when i switch to 12/12. its getting harder to find and more expensive but bottles pop up on amazon regularly

DemonTrich

Veteran
I went thru 5 bottles of reverse, and 6 bottles of optic foliar (new dutch masters reverse since its been pulled) in over a year trying to save my prized KK straw cream strain). hundreds and hundreds of dollars down the drain. neither product worked. exact same time 6.5 weeks since flip and nanner galore. I have 3 unopened bottles of optic foliar FREE to anyone who wants it, as well as 3/4 bottle of saturator. snake oil at its best imo.

Jonnysact

So I've spotted 5 or 6 seed sites on my buds! Good news is that they are all quite large and it doesn't seem as though there are more than 1 seed site per bud. Counted 5 or 6 in total. So hopefully the pollen sacs responsible for pollinating are gone. I only see the seed spots on the lower buds, luckily, not my main colas :)

So yeah, I guess they will either be feminized seed due to plant stress and hopefully not hermie seeds due to genetics!

enqxt3n.png

Latest posts

Latest posts