What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How does one not suck at curing?

L

larry badiner

First I hang the buds:
View Image

Then they get the paper bags for the sweat:
View Image

Then I like to cure in big jars:
View Image

Those jars fit 2-3 pounds depending on density.

i like that little jar, its just chillin with the rest

but if you run out of options to cure your bud, try buying some mj books of amazon direct or whatever, you can buy them as ebooks and read them on your phone

ed rosenthal said you should have a room thats set at 50% humidity and hang your bud or store them in there. i think thats how most commercial operations do it but thats just a wild guess.

L

larry badiner

ive also read that people in jamaica dont water their plants for a month when they want to cure their plants

Jhhnn

Veteran
I use one of these in each of my 42 1/2 gallon mason jars for curing.

put one in the bottom, facing out the bottom to easily see, fill up jar about 3/4 the way, NOT stuffed, as you want movement and air circulation. I trim mine fresh from the plant, then let them dry for 3-5 days in 4x 4 level, 4' dry nets. wait until buds get a bit crispy on the outside, then in the jars and sealed up in a dark place. 24hrs later I check r/h. dump back out if 70% or over, if under burp for 1-2 hrs a day for a week, until r/h is stable at 60% or under. then I toss in 1x broveda 62% pack for 1 month. then add another pack to each jar.

always perfect cured buds each and every time. been using this tek for 4 years now and NEVER had any modly/mildew/hay smelling buds.

That's basically what works for me, too. It's a variant of simon's method. Stuffing the jars seems to work OK, too.

What brand hygrometers do you use & where do you get them?

Some of my calibers have died, even w/ new batteries, so I'm willing to try something different.

Thanks!

candyjack

Wow,once again I see there are a lot of great posts in here and people for the help! Appreciate all the responses, I have been curious of the freezer method, I saw the thread but noticed it kind of left a "burn" on the flower so I have yet to try it, similar to how I've heard you can microwave a couple buds early for a quick smoke. It looks like I need to up my bud sizes too I have a lot of leafs on them since I haven't done a hi watt grow.

So I definitely need a humidity meter it looks like all the bare minimum, I'll be looking at some cigar shops and if not go to those links online.

-CJ

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Wow,once again I see there are a lot of great posts in here and people for the help! Appreciate all the responses, I have been curious of the freezer method, I saw the thread but noticed it kind of left a "burn" on the flower so I have yet to try it, similar to how I've heard you can microwave a couple buds early for a quick smoke. It looks like I need to up my bud sizes too I have a lot of leafs on them since I haven't done a hi watt grow.

So I definitely need a humidity meter it looks like all the bare minimum, I'll be looking at some cigar shops and if not go to those links online.

-CJ
any buds I microwave tastes like grape...

for temps and humidity, something as simple as this...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MIni-Round-...779?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item4ae2ae35e3

OrganicFarmer

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just practice. Like they say practice makes perfect. It all depends on RH in your drying room. This last run for me I dry trimmed, so I hung the plants whole. Took 6 days, the outside felt too dry to me. I pulled them down. Trimmed them up and jarred up. I stopped watering 3 days before I chopped also, I run 5 gal containers.

Follow this guide...
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=156237

OrganicFarmer

ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

TheArchitect

Veteran
My process;

•Hack 18" branches off plants
• strip fan leafs
•trim sugar leafs flush with flowers( becomes hash material)
•fine trim the flowers(again creating more hash material)
• bundle groups of branches and hang dry for 5-7 days. At this point the flowers should be pretty crispy on the outside, small flowers will be dried all the way, but there will be moisture in the bigger tops and in the stems.
•after 5-7 days the bundles get put into the contractor husky trash bags you get at home depot, the end is twisted of, and the bag is allowed to sit for two days.
•2 days later, open bag check flowers, they should be spongy, but the stems will snap. If they seem too moist leave the bag open for 8-12 hours, check again, they should be crispy again. Close the bag up for another day.
•chop buds off branches and bag it up in 5gallon buckets with screwtop lids, hygrometer, and 62% boveda packets.

Last edited:

candyjack

once again thank you all for your posts!

here is some bagseed no idea what it is, but seems to smoke like afghan... its a strong indica but grew like an OG, nugs up the side of the main stalk.

attachment.php

browntrout

Veteran
I always tend to stay on the dry side, buds can feel real dry in medium moisture room but once you take them out of that room into a drier environment they tend to become real squishy. I run my dehumidifier and let em hang for 2-3 weeks at least till the room is sub 60% and sometimes even thats too wet.

BT

Latest posts

Latest posts