What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First time flowering - questions

Jonnysact

Hey,

Today marks week 2 of flowering and I'm noticing my flowers look a little inconsistent across the board. Soem of them are white and fluffy, other's are turning a bit yellow and in some cases some spots of red or orange.

One of em, I'm 99% sure, had a brief encounter with one of my pc fans and got hit a bit so I don't know if it's coloration is as a result of that but, let me know what you guys think. Maybe a bit of light burn? It did spend an entire day about an inch away from a CFL, where as the bud sites further away are still white. Strain is BC Big Bud and am feeding it floranova 4-8-7. Last feeding was at 700ppm and runoff was 650 ppm.

wBLTK5M.jpg

This one had an encounter with the fan, notice the chopped leaves. Brown in the middle of the flower, bud rot? (possible so early?) Temperatures are 77-83 on avg with humidity at 30-40.

zZVKnD2.jpg

Kmh5qFE.jpg

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Looks like the bud was too close to the light and got toasted a little. Highly doubt you have bud-rot. From the looks of those leaves you seem to have some pests. Either spider mites or thrips. Those white specks on the leaves, are they on the top of the leaves and fall off, when the leaves are given a shake? Or are the spots permanent and coming from the bottom of the leaves? If it's on top, it's prolly thrips, coming from the underside, prolly spidermites.

It could be nothing but dust from the fan, but just wanted to warn you just in case you have pests. The pics lead me to believe you have some pests, but pics can sometimes be mis-leading.

Jonnysact

It's dust, stuff shakes off. I'll try moving them a little further from the lights to take off some of the heat. Thank you!

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
They look great.

And if you burn them a Little, dont care.
I have burnt my girls many times.
Result: Dead curly leaves.....but a tons of new leaves will show up.

But that said. The right distance is important.
Treat them well the rest of their lives, and they will pay you back well :woohoo:

P :smoke:

Jonnysact

* correctoin, it's not dust, it's flakes of the white paint that chip off of the door because it wasn't properly sanded and barely closes. So yeah, little flakes of dust and paint hehe :/

Started a new thread, I think my baby hermied!!! Help!

Jonnysact

Good morning my fellow dudes and dudettes!

Wanted to update you all with some pics. Day 18 of flowering. Pruned her like crazy, removed the hermie balls and just fed her this morning 700ppm of 4-8-7 novabloom.

She's looking good and starting to fill out some! :) So exciting for my first grow!! Does this look yummy or what?

JLzuUIg.jpg

zUIz7z5.jpg

BS9tXdA.jpg

MOrW3UH.jpg

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
They are having a good time.
Green and healthy girl :woohoo:

You could remove the small buds under the net.

P :smoke:

Jonnysact

You're absolutely right Paddi, I'm doing this on purpose because It's my first grow. I want to see how, for experimental purposes, what size of the bud site vs distance from light and what it createin cure. I know it will be less and will effect my yield in a bad way. I'm just curious :)

Latest posts

Latest posts