What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Neem oil

Cloneriphic

So I have seen neem do its wonders on spider mites but I don't know what the mixture should be. I know you need dawn original water and neem and I gotta mix it all with a drill but I am having trouble finding any posts with the combinations of ingredients I would need to kill the bugs and keep my plants alive. Any advice helps I'm not a completely new grower I did hydro last year and want to focus on clones this year.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
2-4 TBLS Neem + 2 TSPS liquid dish soap per G of water

I like to let my bottle of neem sit in a hot water bath for a few minutes to loosen it up and make it easier to get mixed into the water.... Otherwise it can be a pain in the ass...

I prefer Dynagro neem oil - it's 100% cold pressed.

Good luck

Cannavore

Veteran
Use a potassium silicate product as an emulsifier for the neem oil. I use agsil16h.

4 tsp neem oil per gallon h20
2 tsp potassium silicate (protekt, agsil, silica blast) per gallon h20
And a squirt or three of Dr bronners peppermint (or lavender) liquid soap

Make sure the water you're mixing the neem into is at least 75 degrees Fahrenheit otherwise it will clump. Shake well (before adding thr soap) and use during lights out or when the sun is setting. Spraying under direct light will burn your plants.

waveguide

Veteran
agree on dyna-gro..

dang cannavore i kept hitting or missing with my ksil as surfactant routine, i'd get it like one in a half dozen times... i'm so stupid to not warm the water (don't want to warm the neem too much).

personally, i find bronners peppermint to be nauseating, and very dilute for an expensive soap product. been through a lot of soaps (mr. bubble!) as i can't find dawn original around here, only antibacterial. haven't tried castile. securing a good surfactant avoids the great frustration of messy neem. been through the shit trying to get that right.

DemonTrich

Veteran
johnsons and johnsons baby soap works great, in case all you have on hand is anti-bacterial soap which is no good to use.

Cloneriphic

Thank you all for the quick replies. Cannav ore I already have the neem oil so I will go that route but thanks I will look into your process. Grey skull I will be using your process but I mix my stuff with a special drill bit that way I know it's mixed in good and yes heating the neem worked amazing! I also use dyna-grow neem :) so that makes me happy at least I'm in the General vicinity of what I need to do. Again thanks for the helpful tips guys

Cannavore

Veteran
agree on dyna-gro..

dang cannavore i kept hitting or missing with my ksil as surfactant routine, i'd get it like one in a half dozen times... i'm so stupid to not warm the water (don't want to warm the neem too much).

personally, i find bronners peppermint to be nauseating, and very dilute for an expensive soap product. been through a lot of soaps (mr. bubble!) as i can't find dawn original around here, only antibacterial. haven't tried castile. securing a good surfactant avoids the great frustration of messy neem. been through the shit trying to get that right.

Yeah mixing some warm water in with the neem really helps. Been through tons of spray bottles learning that :laughing:
Someone reccomended me bronners awhile back and its the only one ive been using, plus I can find it locally at a GNC store. I've become immune to the smell of the peppermint soap but yeah its not pleasant lol. The lavender one is nice, I even started showering with it haha.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
straight lemon joy is the poop
its plain old soap, not ultra nothing
love the stuff.
and its cost effective.
not that being expensive ever stopped me from using a product hahaha

Granger2

Veteran
I've had neem and CocoWet clump up and make a mess even starting with pretty warm water. I guess I'm too slow, but it eventually clumps up when it cools. So annoying.

Start with PURE neem, not the cheap ones. Use a blender to make a stable emulsion. Do the math to make a concentrate to be diluted in your sprayer with water. Start the blender, add Lecithin granules. They will quickly blend [emulsify] into the water. While the blender is still spinning, drizzle the neem oil in. It will make a stable emulsion. It won't separate while using [under normal temps], and Lecithin is a totally non toxic spreader/sticker.

Lecithin is great source of P, so allow for a foliar P app next feeding.

The amounts are not that critical. I'd start with a teaspoon/qt. If, after adding neem oil, it's not all emulsified, add more Lecithin. I would still start with warm RO water. I'm going to get a cheap stick blender. Good luck. -granger

vostok

Veteran
2-4 TBLS Neem + 2 TSPS liquid dish soap per G of water

I like to let my bottle of neem sit in a hot water bath for a few minutes to loosen it up and make it easier to get mixed into the water.... Otherwise it can be a pain in the ass...

I prefer Dynagro neem oil - it's 100% cold pressed.

Good luck

This: ....!
or in my case add 1/2 teaspoon to a pint(500ml) hand sprayer bottle add warm water, and 1/2 teaspoon of soap or dish wash, shake and spray 2x times a day...until bugs are gone or like me do it anyway
1: to use up excess neem
2: stop further infection from bugs
3: or molds
I just love this Neem Oil or Neem Meal if in your soils, its systemic so the plant actually drinks it up,...many worthy posts here on ICMAG and worth the read
..also painted the can, flat black, it comes in so the sun keeps it fluid in summer or winter use! lots of great tricks ....lol

L

larry badiner

i hate to be the bearer of bad news but spidermites are pretty difficult to get rid of without getting new stuff and spraying down your stuff with water and clorox... i tried neem and pythrim bombs and after i sprayed my stuff down ive been spidermite free for about 3 months

and sadly the plants have to be killed :(

Fly by Night

Like a Wing
Veteran
Mild infestation. Gone by tomoro I'm sure

farmergiles-albums-faq-pics-picture2161-mite-webs.jpg

Cloneriphic

I have been using Dyna-grow neem for the last two years and I love this stuff! I'm just forgetful and new opinions are always nice but I have been using a little hand help pump and spray bottle for the past 6 months i like it and it has been working I recently stumbled upon this formula mixture and it has been working wonders 👍👌👏
I fill my bottle with hot🔥 water and then dump into a 5 gal bucket
Then mix: 1 teaspoon of neem
4 drops original dawn dish soap
Then I have a little paint mixing tool I attach to my nikita drill and mix the crap out of it and use a filter funnel to pour back into my spray bottle.
Yes this takes a while but I also only have 20 clones at the moment that I am growing out into new mothers for future runs. Probably for indoor or greenhouse fun 😻
I spray with neem daily and have been making tons of progress will post pics in the next few days

Latest posts

Latest posts