What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Micro grow - Enough space for flowering?

Jonnysact

Hey all,

another question from your new member :)

Here is my current plant ending it's first week of flowering. There is about an inch clearance until the leaves hit the lights and about two inches that the plant is being raised by a book. Basically, there is roughly 3-3.5 inches of growth space left before the branches start reaching passed the lights. Is this something I need to worry about now? The strain is BC Big bud and from what I read the plant about double's it's size by the end of flowering.

When i initially put it into flowering, the plant was exactly half of the growth space size. It's grown quite a bit in the first week.

My question is, should i continue to stress train it and possibly tie it down before it grows even larger and harder to control? Or will the plant be fine and only grow a bit more as buds start forming?

Thank you again!

1RbmHfV.jpg

IpF6acg.jpg

Nico Farmer

Authentic Strains Farm
hello, I think your pot will grow a little bit more but not enormously;
but it will be just!!!

continue!

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Pretty sure that plant will fill that box and look like one of
them square watermelons they grow in Japan.

Keep us posted.

Jonnysact

Alright,

so I checked on them this morning... I'm really confused. It's almost as if the plant is growing more, and more quickly in it's first week of flowering than in it's veg state lol. The new growth looks great, green stems, but damn....

So i started bending/super cropping the tops that were reaching up high to level the canopy a bit. Now there is a decent 3.5 inches of grow space to the top. but my tops first have to start pointing upwards before I have to worry about them growing towards the lights.

I did over-bend one of my stems and cracked it halfway, but I'm not too concerned as I've done this before and after a day or two a nice ball of green covers the wound making it strong and stiff.

On a happy note, pistils are showing up everywhere!!!!! This is so very exciting guys, I can't even explain. I guess the best way is to remember your first grow

pics!

Bending/super cropping the tallest two

lb61KHZ.jpg

Here is the little break that I have, but it's resting on other parts of the plant so it's not taking any stress or weight at all. Should repair nicely just the way it is.

5WB1Fxz.jpg

And finally, the new even canopy. It's even being raised by an inch from a book underneath the catch tray. Now I'm feeling a little more confident that the plant won't out grow the case. But comments will still really help as I'm not sure how much more I can bring this thing down lol.

b4pv3iq.jpg

And just for fun, here is my female (right) beside my male (left) when it started it's LST so very long ago :)

R4KzkkS.png

Jonnysact

Hey vitamin. I'm all setup for a scrog. I have magnets that run down the sides of the case with hooks that hold the screen. The problem I was having with it was that I couldn't really remove hte plant from the box to water it without everything getting all tangled up.

any suggestions on this? I built the case with a Scrog in mind but after trying it out and reading up a bit, it seems that many users are in a similar situation as me. Once it's on, their plant is kind of, well, stuck in that position. :/

Jonnysact

If it will only stretch out another 2 weeks, I think I can make that work. I really should go into flowering a little earlier next time. :/ Seems like I am really pressing my luck.

When I did my scrog in a pc case, I attached the screen to the container rather than the pc so I could still pull it out to water/train/inspect trichomes/etc.

I Would Also Love To See Some Pics Of That Scrog Herb or some instruction on it I'm about to start flower and fear I have vegged to long for my small space being able to take all container out to ma I cure and train would be awesome . Thank you one love

Ill look to see if I have any pics....prolly don't though cause that was when I first started growing. Its was with bag seed and I was still in the learning process. Ill check when I get home. If nothing else I still have the container/screen set up I can take a pic of.

Jonnysact

Awesome. Even if you don't have pictures, maybe an explanation of how you set that up could really help! I have the screen ready to go, i just don't know the best way about having it hover a few inches from the top of my pot.

Sorry, I'm on vacation so I don't get to check in as much as I'd prefer. With the pots you are using I would buy a tomato cage and put it in the pot....then cut the top off the cage and attach your screen at the height you want with some string or wire. Don't over think it!