What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

G Pen Vaporizer Users?

touringfunkband

I've never seen this vape pen mentioned here and found nothing via the search engine, so.. Any actual G Pen users out there care to check in with their experience.

Anyone recognize this as just another re-branded vape pen of sorts.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
in my experience, the pens with the screw in chargers, like the Omicron, are way less superior to the ones with a usb charger...

Ive heard that thc scientific accepts trade-ins. Do they accept other vape pens also? I dont see how that would work out for them.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i'd be interested to hear once and for all which one of these vaporizer pens is worth having if any? can you vape bubble hash in there?

touringfunkband

i'd be interested to hear once and for all which one of these vaporizer pens is worth having if any? can you vape bubble hash in there?

I haven't used one myself, but from the video reviews I've watched it seems like you could use bho, wax/budders and any full melt concentrate. It has a heating element on the top of the g-tank which has a wicking system which draws up oil from the bottom of the tank. So basically you can either load oil into the tank for the wicks to draw up to the heating element and/or dab directly onto the heating element which would give you several hits and keep the wicks moistened to draw up more oil from the tank.

touringfunkband

There is also a G-Pen tank coming out which is designed to use with flowers.

Again, I haven't used any of these pens just trying to figure it all out like everyone else. I just started making bho and have a large batch coming up so I'm looking into picking up a vape pen for on the go..

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
if a wick is needed then it won't work for bubble, unless you can fill it up hit for hit too. kinda interesting, but i'm waiting till i see one that convinces that it actually is strong enough to vape at least bud.

i don't get how a wick system will draw up bho shatter, or does it warm up the tank and turn it into liquid so it can be drawn up?

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
my friend has one, and its AWESOME! You can put a small dab and get a ton of hits off it. Im buying one myself, for $100 its sooo worth it

MF Grimm

Here is my review and anothers from a vape forum.

Ok, so here is my experience with the GPen.... First, I ordered the GPen ($100) and one extra GTank ($25). I was going to have my shipping expedited, but missed the option when having the chance during checkout. I sent them an email explaining that and they were actually courteous enough to overnight my package for me at no cost to me. Good start... Ok, so 2 days later, I get the package in the mail and open it up. Everything was there except my second tank i ordered and sent them an email regarding that.

It was now time to test this puppy out.... I went ahead and loaded up some wax into the tank and tried out eh product.. there was somewhat of an odd/sweet smell and taste of the vapor released... I was not sure if it was the wax I put in or what... So after 10hits or so and feeling alright, i decided to test out putting some actual honey oil into it. I tried to load my GTank with oil, like the instructions indicate and my oil touched the wick inside the tank (which i had no idea there was even a wick in it, before buying it) when trying to remove the tool to fill the tank, the oil stuck to the wick and ripped it out when i pulled out the tool. Now my first tank was rendered useless. It should not be so easy to break a $25 cartridge, just by loading it like they suggest. Anyway, I figured I learned my lesson and would be more careful on my next one.

It took another few days before i received my second tank and even before i put any concentrate into it, i decided to plug it into the ecig and make sure it worked... It heated up fine, but again... that same smell and vapor started releasing from the tank... With nothing loaded into it? That doesn't sound right... At this point, I do not trust the product, trust if it is safe or non-toxic and am currently working on getting a refund (which i think will be unlikely). I asked the company about their wick, what it was made of, what was the smell and vapor given off by an empty tank, etc. They have yet to respond or offer any type of refund and really do not expect them to. I would NOT RECOMMEND the product for anyone at this time...

That being said... The products that I am currently investigated and am wanting to try are the Omicron and Persei from Delta9Vapes, which i know Vito has tried and does seem to like both of them, but the one that I would really like to try and possibly be my device of choice is the Thermovape Revolution. It offers different conversion kits for vaping herbs, oils or liquids depending on preference. Their design seems well crafted and high quality. Its just a matter of me wanting to spend another $150+ to test another product.

Hope this helps some...

I also have to give two thumbs down to the Grenco Science G Pen.

I had the very same thing happen to my cartridge, Matt. It barely touched the cotton wick, and I moved it and it was ruined. On top of that, I also noticed a very plasticy chemical taste from in. I emailed the company and asked how to clean the carts, but never got a response back. That was almost 2 weeks ago. Terrible customer service.

Fortunately, my head shop took my cart back and gave me a new one. Well this one was better since I was aware how to load it, but I still had the nasty taste. The button also started going out and sticking, so I went back to them and they said they had so many complaints that they were sending them all back to the company.

They went and hooked me up with the Omicron V2 as a straight swap, and this thing is killer so far.

It's a bit of a pain to load the carts, but once loaded, it is awesome.

terryx1st

how is the omicron v2?! i still have my v1 double set, trying to decide if i want to trade in for v2 or try to get the g vape pen. Seems lk the g vape pen is really popular