What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Harry Dean Stanton Quintessential American Actor, Dies at 91

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great actor from Cool Hand Luke, Repo Man, Big Love to Twin Peaks- remarkable talent. RIP- you entertained us well.

Green Squall

Sad but impressive he lived to 91 being a lifelong smoker. RIP.

I liked his role as the prophet in Big Love.

F

fatx

My fav movie with him is escape from new york.

Last edited by a moderator:

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
Cool Hand Luke (one of the top 10 of all time)

I love the line someone said about HDS, that his face looked "lived in". Greatest character actor of all time, IMHO.

therevverend

Veteran
Great actor and a great guy. In the early 90s a tv producer tried to get Charles Bukowski interested in making a biographical tv show. Harry Dean Stanton was the only actor Bukowski was interested in for the Bukowski role. Too bad it didn't pan out.
Paris, Texas is a great film. If you see Stanton in a movie it's bound to be good.

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
420giveaway
I liked the actor very much and today I was reading in an interview with the director John Carpenter, he was a friend, that Stanton was a huge marihuana smoker.