What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone else love Zamaldelica and making crosses with it?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
These make super fine plants with a totally unique terpene profile full of chives and citrus! They'll need to brave the rains for a couple weeks to mature here but the indoor test run resulted in buds so soaring and potent they made my head spin!

View Image

Hi green-genes77

The NL/Afghani crossed with Zamaldelica sure looks chunky and yummy :D Chives and citrus sounds like a quite strange terpene profile ... hopefully in a nice way ;) Glad to know the indoor run of the cross pleased you greatly, outdoors she looks great as well, hope you she have had a good end and you also a great outdoor season! :yes:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Nl/haze x zamaldelica
It is still drying, slightly pollinated by the male Honduras ...
It gives off a good scent, of spices ...t is still drying, slightly pollinated by the male Honduras ...
It gives off a good scent, of spices ...
View Image
View Image
View Image

Lovely willydread :)

Sorry to see the spider mites damaging the health and beauty of your NL/Haze x Zamaldelica. The dried buds looks really good and dense, quite familiar too.

I also have in in mind to explore combinations in a not distant future between Zamaldelica and the elite NL/Haze mothers from Nevil when i earn a bit more of experience with these new old school genetics .... probably the C5 will make wonders crossed with Zamaldelica elite. My ideal cross between these 2 genepools must come out fruity/incensey terpene-wise, and enhancing/trippy regarding effects.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Nl5hz x zamaldelica is looking tasty WillyD.. Nice work..!!

Here's my Destroyer x Zam(Thai Pheno MALE)..
She's pretty washed-out under the HPS lamps so I threw a filter on it from Photo Editor..

She was dusted with my GT male... cross should be interesting...!!

View Image]View Image[/URL]

View Image]View Image[/URL]

Wow ThermalRider! :D

That's a wild and very desirable cross, on the most extreme sativa side! A blend of Zamal, Malawi, Mexican, Colombian, with double dosage of the same Meao/Hmong Thai strain
Great job! :yes:

nksv

Hi nksv,

A pleasure to read the nice smoke reports on your Zamaldelica hybrids. Not sure how is Apollo 11 nowadays, but the original release had an amazing super clear and enhancing/up effect of the highest order, and a lovely lemony refined terpene profile and a great bag appeal as well, .... i remember smoking original Apollo 11 with friends for the whole night chatting and chatting without feel any sight of tiredness ... very few strains have such refreshing effects, only found it with that refreshing quality in pure Thai Koh Chang. If current Apollo 11 still preserves that kind of effect and you managed to blend a good electric, uplifting and mood enhancer Zamaldelica with her then the results could be stellar for sativas lovers.

The Panama/Zamaldelica regular hybrid had huge potential but unfortunately it got some hermie tendencies from the Zamaldelica F1 male. We have recently produced the opposite hybrid in feminized format with Zamaldelica elite as mother and Panama Goddess reversed as a male. I expect much more quality and consistency in this new Zamaldelica/Panama fem hybrid, and hopefully none or very little hermie traits this time. It's a hybrid i would like to release one day if i'm sure i managed to find the right parental plants for the outcross.

Glad to hear the More Cowbell/ Zam cross produced some of your all time favorite smokes ... i didn't expect that on a cross of Zamaldelica with Hashplants and Cookies.... but you never know until try it ;) Enjoy!

cool! Glad you're enjoying the ride as I am massively enjoying my Ace journey! I started many years back now and it's been awesome. I've only really tried Bodhi stuff due to his vision and ethics (eventhough he's not so landrace) which I find are in tune to you guys so I imagined that crossing his stuff with Ace would bring some alchemy...and it has.

Funny you mention the Panama/Zam. Finally after a million weeks she's ready. Had a sample the other night and wow, there was no sleeping for me that night! and I was super tired prior to smoking. An amazing, uplifting, creative, inspiring combo. Love it...good vibes carried through to the next day. Now, this is just from me 'pollen chucking' - I haven't been seeking the perfect mums and dads...but I am pleased with my success. I can imagine, though, your version to be super 'omg'. I love ALL the crosses I have made but I am yet to pull somehting off like that Panama/Malawi. That strain is inspiring and shows you where the limits can take you. Such is now my quest!

The Apollo 11 is Bodhis Apollo 11 f4s. The result of of my Zam/A11f4 has been wonderful. I ended up giving it all away though to a friend how was in dire need of some quality flowers. But my sampling of it was that is was really clear and up and strong. I am going to put another batch on but my focus is on the Satori/Zamaldelicas which I have a feeling are going to be super magick!

Breadwizard

I've got a pack slated to be popped this coming season, and have the following crosses planned:

Zamaldelica x Zapotec (Oaxaca gold x Colombian gold)
Zamaldelica x blue dream (Santa Cruz cut)
Zamaldelica x bangi haze
Zamaldelica x Syria (RSC)

I'm hoping for good things!

paisajedehierba

(MT x AI) auto x Zam

(MT x AI) auto x Zam

[FONT=&quot]Hi,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am enjoying this thread very much.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I want to introduce a F1-cross I have realized last summer. I am continuing it now to receive F2 Seeds.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The mother is Muay Thai (Sticht 01 super automatic fem) crossed with Aurora Indica (Nirvana). The mother was F2 generation and 100% auto flowering (outdoor grow, from seed 2018 early April, 35 days vegetative state, 130 days flowering height 1,9m, two main shoots, harvest Sep. 22). In the thread "outdoor 2018 spot 1" you can find pictures of the mother.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Regarding the leafs it was a Thai pheno (lately long and thin fingers). Regarding the little branching and columnar stature, it was an Indica pheno. The flowers were hybrid flowers. Very elongated, fat (one strong human arm), but not that heavy and dense. The smell of the flowers (after 2,5 month of cure) is fine, includes notes of hash and spices, also some bitter sweetness and fruity hints. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]The buds are not that hard. [/FONT]The smoke is smooth. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Effect wise, in my opinion, the mothers buds are a classic evening smoke of medium strength and 2 to 3 hours of duration. A few things left to do and talk about at home, next morning going to work (daily schedule). The first phase is physically stimulating. The head is very clear (the Thai side). Later the Indica side arises physically more and more relaxed, infused with some vivid thoughts or smooth head movie. This is very a comfortable atmosphere lying in bed ready to enter the dreamland. No next morning hangover. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The father of the new hybrid is a Zamaldelica male which I selected among five plants (4x Zam standard, 1x Zam stadard F2, indoor). All five had slightly broad fingered leafs early in life (my read is more on the Malawi/GT side). I have chosen the most vigorous growing one of the three males that evolved and collected pollen to pollinate the outdoor mother. In the thread "outdoor 2018 spot 1" you can find pictures of the father.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Now the 6 germinated plants (6 from 6 seeds) are 13 days old and again I will choose the most vigorous individuals (one female, one male) to receive vital F2 seeds. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I am aiming on a hybrid with better branching/more shoots and nevertheless elongated (but not that extreme) buds with good mold resistance and a diverse terpene profile. The height of the plant should be +/- equal. Every forth plant of the F2-Generation should be automatic flowering. The life cycle should be fulfilled in roundabout the same time (regarding the mother). Effect wise I am hoping for a still clear high, with longer duration (active phase) and a bit more complex vivid thoughts/head movies. A warm finish would be nevertheless very welcome. This way the active evening could last a little bit longer without diminishing the night´s sleep.[/FONT]

Attachments

• (MTxAI F2 auto)xZam_6 plants_13 days old.jpg
    (MTxAI F2 auto)xZam_6 plants_13 days old.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 39
  • (MTxAI F2 auto)xZam_leafs example.jpg
    (MTxAI F2 auto)xZam_leafs example.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 36

paisajedehierba

(MTxAI) auto x Zam pictures of mother and father

(MTxAI) auto x Zam pictures of mother and father

... pictures of the mother (MT x AI F2 auto) and the father (Zamaldelica standard).

Attachments

• Zam_male_flower detail.jpg
    Zam_male_flower detail.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 31
  • MTxAI Thai pheno_two rockets on one base ready to take off_mainbuds harvestet_pollinated bottom .jpg
    MTxAI Thai pheno_two rockets on one base ready to take off_mainbuds harvestet_pollinated bottom .jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Seeded flower I.jpg
    Seeded flower I.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Zam_male.jpg
    Zam_male.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 31
M

Mr D

Hi Dubi

I have been browsing your forum for over a year now and have grown out a bunch of your strains during that period. Currently I'm running your Panama, Zamaldelica, Guawi and Panama Haze. Also a homemade cross of Zamaldelica x Durban Punch is in the flower room.

You and I go back to the old cannabisworld forum when I went by ray_davies.

The new Apollo 11 you mentioned above sadly is not the same as the original. Soul lost one of the parents in his absence. I have Genius in my garden and some Genius x Zamaldelica seeds I'm currently harvesting. They should produce some interesting progeny.

I just wanted to stop by and say hello and tell you I have been able to find some of the original Vietnamese Black. I have 6 VB's currently about 4 weeks in to veg. Hoping to find a suitable male to mate with your new Killer A5 Haze which I just ordered.

Ray

I used the earthy sour carrot smelling Malawi/Zamal dominant Zamaldelica and the purple PCK dominant Bangi Haze.

Last edited:

paisajedehierba

(MTxAI) auto x Zam_mother selected and polinated_4. week flowering

(MTxAI) auto x Zam_mother selected and polinated_4. week flowering

Hi,
two males had some fun with one female. The selected female now is the queen of my little cupboard (70x50 cm). She is receiving 220w cfl in a 5 liter pot. The cupboard stands in the cellar. A little heat pad provides warm feet. The branches are being tied down +/- twice a week. I am trying to give every branch a distance between 4 and 10 cm from the cfl bulbs.

The lower flowers are polinated. The flower development above is going on. The first five pictures are showing the whole plant. The next five some flower details.

Attachments

• 5 (MTxAI F2) x Zam_190127.jpg
    5 (MTxAI F2) x Zam_190127.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 4 (MTxAI F2) x Zam_190124.jpg
    4 (MTxAI F2) x Zam_190124.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 3 (MTxAI F2) x Zam_190122.jpg
    3 (MTxAI F2) x Zam_190122.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 2 (MTxAI F2) x polinated female_190119.jpg
    2 (MTxAI F2) x polinated female_190119.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 1 (MTxAI F2) x Zam_ two males polinating one female_190115 .jpg
    1 (MTxAI F2) x Zam_ two males polinating one female_190115 .jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 38

paisajedehierba

(MTxAI) auto x zam_4. week flowering

(MTxAI) auto x zam_4. week flowering

some pics of the flowers ... between Jan. 15 und Jan. 27.

Attachments

• Zam father_male_flower detail.jpg
    Zam father_male_flower detail.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 30
  • (MTxAI F2) x Zam_male flower_190115 (1).jpg
    (MTxAI F2) x Zam_male flower_190115 (1).jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 34
  • (MTxAI F2) x Zam_ polinated flowers_190115 .jpg
    (MTxAI F2) x Zam_ polinated flowers_190115 .jpg
    41 KB · Views: 30
  • (MTxAI F2) x Zam_ polinated flowers_190127 .jpg
    (MTxAI F2) x Zam_ polinated flowers_190127 .jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 39
  • (MTxAI F2) x Zam_  flowerdevelopment above the polinated flowers_190126 .jpg
    (MTxAI F2) x Zam_ flowerdevelopment above the polinated flowers_190126 .jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 35

nksv

cripes been ages since I have had time for forum fun. awesome to see these crosses going!

I just have a quick smoke report for you. I am not good at them but this one had to be shared...

I often think my crosses will come out crap because, well, it's just me and I have no idea what I am doing. Just playing. One of my first crosses that I had ever made was Zam and Orient Express, I think from my very first ACE order yeeeears ago now. Really my first attempt. So I popped seeds of these last year. Just one little plant in a 2L milk bottle just to see what'll happen. I forgot about it so it's been curing for a few months now. I've been spoiled with 9 month cured Panama/Malawi so it's hard to go to my other jars.

So I saw them and thought, fuck it, I'll have a 'mellow' smoke and see how these go. Loaded a pipe but packed a little more than usual as I had a feeling this was gonna be more mild. Fuck I was so wrong. So damn wrong. This shit blew my brains to bits! haha. I had the noids, flight 666 and I couldn't watch anything without seeing the TV 4 dimensionally. haha. It was EXCELLENT. I am scared of having the rest which I haven't had that feeling in a while. Wonderful! I need to like to fucking yoga and and cleanse my soul before smoking this shit again. Woah, Ace genetics rules!

Latest posts

Latest posts