What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone else love Zamaldelica and making crosses with it?

First Post, I'm planning on crossing C99 X Zameldelica (Thai Pheno hopefully) as soon as my C99's arrived. Ordered my REG Destroyer, REG Green Haze x Malawi and Reg Zamadelica at the same time as my C99 from Peakseedbc and they were here in eight days... Thank you ACE..!!

Peaks says their Str8 C99 is from the OLD Brother's Grimm linage... day 9 still waiting ....

nksv

oh, I'd be very interested in how you go with your Peak Seeds C99. I have considered getting these before. I ended up getting some Apollo 11s (Bodhi Seeds) which I will cross with Zamaldelica. The Apollo is supposed to be a bit trippy so I hope they come out that way.

The others sound great also! I've wanted to run the Destroyer for some time but never got round to it....

Samuel Caldwell

420giveaway
Welcome, TR! Sounds like you've got some nice lines and crosses planned. Looking forward to watching your grows. Best of luck!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome ThermalRider :)

A cross between Zamaldelica and C99 sounds great as well.

I had the pleasure to smoke the original C99 and Apollo 11 releases around 15 years ago and they were fantastic plants. I prefered the uplifting, clear, super well focused effect and lemony aromas of Apollo 11 over C99, but this is just my personal preference.

Honestly, i don't know how these lines are nowadays, but a cross between a good mango carrot uplifting Zamaldelica and a lemony uplifting Apollo 11 would be great, a cross between a more trippy Zamal/Thai Zamaldelica and C99 could be real interesting too.

gh0stm0de

looking to hit my (Zamaldelica X DJ Short Blueberry, bout 30 seeds left) with Malibu Pie from Oceangrown seeds. probably wont be able to make the cross til the winter but would love to harness ZD's incredible vigor and sativa effect to a more manageable indoor format

Would love to see c99 or a11 x zd !

Last edited:

gh0stm0de

Ran across these old pictures an associate took years ago. Two phenos of zd i crossed in 2012 with dj short blueberry pollen. Both produced 100s of seeds most of which i gave away. Still have about 50 of xmas tree (zamal?) Pheno x dj blues. Ran 18 fems under 1000w inside and totally untamable beast. Did not 11/13 till too late. 12 week minimum. Still would love to work with this , got some bruce banner 3 that would keep effect more sativa and bring time down.

I just chucked them out in old dwc buckets drilled for drainage for the breeding project. Real light trim as these were largely seeded. Both dense for extreme sativas.

Xmas tree pheno went 14 weeks, more tropical mango carrot with subtle floral note. Cerebral active coffee-like effect

picture.php

Another round of same pheno in veg for reference. 25gal pot. Yes it went well over the fence.
picture.php

The thai pheno produced more columnar structure. 12 weeks. Little denser. Straight paranoid effect. Racy. It was a bit intense for me and some i shared with did not appreciate the raciness.
picture.php

And cola.

picture.php

Id like to run zd hybrids within 10 week 12/12 indoors.

Check out this wild stalk contrast between the thai zd above and a dj short blues female. Pollen donor had purple pollen sacs but not the same purple stalk and branches

picture.php

nldfarmer

Love Zamaldelica, smoking on a Zam/Malawi pheno that I'm saving for a real breeding run where I want to cross to a haze hybrid I have. Made some F2s and two experimental crosses, Female seeds C99 x Zamaldelica and my inbred GDP x Zamaldelica. The pollen was from mostly two semi flowering males and a tiny amount from a stable Thai male. Going to be popping those as winter rolls in. About to make some Ethiopian Highland Sativa (non ace) x Zamaldelica and the reverse hitting my other pheno Zam/Thai x Ethiopian

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi gh0stm0de,

Thanks for sharing your first hand experience with your own Zamaldelica hybrids.
Seems Blueberry didn't change much the overall Zamaldelica growing and flowering traits in your Zamaldelica x Blueberry cross, seems that it made warmer the original effect of the Zamaldelica female you pollinated, or at least more of your kind.

Instead of introducing another third hybrid into your Zamaldelica x Blueberry cross, maybe it would be interesting first to make an 'F2' of the hybrid and look then for the more compact phenos with shorter flowering time of your taste, then inbred the line until make it more stable for the traits you like more.

gh0stm0de

Hi dubi. I definitely plan on making f2 was thinking to go to f4. Hoping to have chance by the winter, and will share results if im able to grow again at that time.

Yes you are right, the zd dominated the cross.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Neville haze cut pollinated by zamaldelica,if my sense (and the parents)are good,it will be a great cross....

Shooters

Last year I put a bit of pollen from a zamaldelica female (nanner) onto my #03 Pck x Kali China here is a couple pics of the top cola. It has since been harvested but I'll get some dry bud shots before I break it up into jars.

picture.php

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Harvested my first Panama/Zamal seeds today....can't wait to get these ones growing!

Congrats nksv,

We also have produced a hybrid in regular format between Panama Goddess (F10) and our selected Zamaldelica F1 male and the results are impressive so far. Kindly check deepwaterdude thread for more info ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Shooters,

Amazing outcome of your 'accidental' PCK/Kali China x Zamadelica cross :dance013:
Lovely sativa traits! How are the aromas now in late flowering ?

Shooters

I didn't really notice the smells much as I finished flowering this in the green house where the PCK x Kali China is at, but when I took it down and trimmed it I was hit with the sweet floral smell of the Zamaldelica along with a sharp inscency smell that I haven't identified.

Some dry shots:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on the harvest Shooters :)

The 'sharp incensey' aromas come from the Kali China F3.
Mixed with the Zamaldelica sweet floral smells sounds mouthwatering :yummy:
Enjoy her! ;)

Last edited: