What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Damn it stinks in here!

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
It's crazy how different Forum is outside. Same as Glue, they are like different plants outside. The color difference is what stands out the most to me. Although if Forum is left till it can't go any longer(Halloween up here) , she will turn dark purple like inside. Anyways great job as per usual Scrappy.

Scrappy-doo

Do you normally take her that late DTOG? I might try to go longer if she needs it. This is the one negative with this cut. Along with the Cannatonic she triggered later than the rest by a couple weeks it seemed. I'm just a little hesitant to go too long when it's raining every couple days. Don't want to push my luck.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Do you normally take her that late DTOG? I might try to go longer if she needs it. This is the one negative with this cut. Along with the Cannatonic she triggered later than the rest by a couple weeks it seemed. I'm just a little hesitant to go too long when it's raining every couple days. Don't want to push my luck.

I ran Forum outside twice. Both times I took it on November 1st. Granted they went thru a frost or two. But plants well established and that get a decent amount of daylight, can survive a couple light frosts no problem.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I would just go by VPD and how the temps\humidity are doing with the weather... Make the best of what you got, and judge where your at in the spectrum of ripeness, and if youve had enough low humidity days to spend some leaves and ripen things up with the coldsnap.

Scrappy-doo

VPD and that sort of tech scientific approach isn't my thing really. I just go by feel and will pick'em when they're ripe or when buds start to melt. I will defoliate a little and I built a roof for them today so that'll help a bit. Thunderstorms tomorrow. :tiphat:

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I always try to paint big pictures lol.... gotta learn to paint small ones..... Vpd is pretty cool, and important for nutrient intake. High humidity buffers you from overfeeding\burning. Low humidity they'll uptake\process far more nutes\water ratio and are more prone to lockout\underfed appearance, and overfeeding.

Outdoors ya work with what ya got... but its cool to look at the weather and judge how the girls will react accordingly

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
VPD is a great way to maximize growth rates and yields. It doesn't really do much for measuring quality though. I've always found temps to be too high and see a reduction of quality in resin if following the standard scale model for VPD. Quality > Quantity

dank.Frank

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Preserving trichomes is definitely vital. I think VPD is most crucial in Veg, and setting flowering up to succeed. The veg-flower transition to halfway through flowering can be intense, hot, muggy. Then when buds are formed light has to fade, humidity, temps fade, everything in order to preserve trichs\terps without producing mold.

On the vpd chart you basically go from the green or optimum area in veg\early flower. Into the yellow zone during mid to late flower to prevent mold..

Americangrower

Veteran
VPD is a great way to maximize growth rates and yields. It doesn't really do much for measuring quality though. I've always found temps to be too high and see a reduction of quality in resin if following the standard scale model for VPD. Quality > Quantity

dank.Frank

Much like Scrappy I don't do much VPD. But when I looked at the vpd chart, I thought the exact same thing about temps to high.
I will just stick to what has always worked. 45 to 50 humidity with temps under 80 w/lights on and somewhere between 50 - 70 at night.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
I have 2 Mango Haze F3 in veg. They both are a lot wider leaf than I expected. Gonna flip them soon, as they aren't showing sex yet.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No colder than 65. Ever. No hotter than 78 ever. I've always tried to stay between 68 and 76 being the sweet spot. This was the law of Phillthy, and he was absolutely correct.

Speaking of Mango Haze, the 11-12wk plants are the ones with a candy mango taste where the 15wk+ plants are the ones that have a more classic haze flavor, or perhaps, none at all.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
No colder than 65. Ever. No hotter than 78 ever. I've always tried to stay between 68 and 76 being the sweet spot. This was the law of Phillthy, and he was absolutely correct.

dank.Frank

I was just thinking about those lower temps last night laying in bed. Now that winter air is here, my room can be kept at the temp I desire. Which means I can let the plants get closer to the bulbs. Which will hopefully result in some fat ass nugs like last winter.

Americangrower

Veteran
I like colder temps, brings out the colors. I never worry about how cold it is only how hot. I find that my winter crop always produces more than my fall so if anything I think they like the cold nights.

B

beanz

I have 2 Mango Haze F3 in veg. They both are a lot wider leaf than I expected. Gonna flip them soon, as they aren't showing sex yet.

be keen to see them finished if you can give me a nudge and pm .
if they were ones I,d made ....
the males were little haze like for my liking ....female was spot on mango loveliness aka

Miraculous Meds

Speaking of Mango Haze, the 11-12wk plants are the ones with a candy mango taste where the 15wk+ plants are the ones that have a more classic haze flavor, or perhaps, none at all.

dank.Frank

I like your low side, I actually prefer no lower than 70f. But on the high side in veg and early flower, you cant really beat running 85f/75% rh with extra co2, or 78f/72%rh, with just fresh air co2 levels. You just need every fan leaf moving, so there is no stagnant spots for air circulation.

I was just thinking about those lower temps last night laying in bed. Now that winter air is here, my room can be kept at the temp I desire. Which means I can let the plants get closer to the bulbs. Which will hopefully result in some fat ass nugs like last winter.

Lower temps are sweet with winter air, just watch out for the low rh that can come with it.

The biggest couple of things that really upped my yields were proper vpd, and a 5 degree temp difference between lights on and lights off.

Scrappy-doo

Finishing up on my first run with GMO. One of my guinea pigs on some modified led shop lights I picked up at Habitat For Humanity for $5 a piece. Daylight spectrum. Grown with a measly 60 watts... Pretty damn impressed with their performance. This girl reeks of chem, fuel, and cookies. 12 weeks she's been in there and most of that time she just smells like chem. All the magic happens the final 2 weeks with this one. Can't wait to see how she does under the cmh.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Scrappy-doo

Finally figured out how to get this orange kush to yield. She puts out zillions of little zig zag sucker branches growing wild all up the main colas, it turns into a floppy mess of little buds and a ton of extra leaves than need to be pulled off. This round I hacked a good 60% of them off right up to the top when she went in and that really tamed her and gave me some fat buds. No need to defoliate at all in flower and she just loved the extra room to fill in. Straight orange candy terps and flavor she's one of the best tasting strains in the whole lineup over here.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Scrappy-doo

Wow 60w damn. She looks killa brother

Thanks yeah the cool thing about these shop lights is the chips are spaced out in strips rather than all condensed like cobs, so I was able to bring them right down to within an inch or two from the tops. And no heat at all... Gonna do the whole tent with them next summer.