What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

11 Reasons Why You Should Drink Coffee Every Day

TheCleanGame

Veteran
the only waste is the plastic k-cups but luckily they are made from recyclable plastic
The plastic and super hot water combo in the Keurigs is the only reason I avoid them. Otherwise they look awesome! :D

I'm an affiliate for a company that makes a non-disposable kup device that allows you to use your own coffee to make your own cups. Pm me if you're interested... it's what I would use if I had a machine that used those. I'd run it a few times to heat most of the plastic chems out first... then use coffee. :)

When the article says 'coffee' do they include Espresso? Here's what I and visitors usually drink at my house...
[youtubeif]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0MewYvdVGM[/youtubeif]

Took a minute to figure out how to get a really good pull from a Krups machine... got it though. lol

Keep it Clean! :D

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran
Reason #12: Because it's fucking awesome!

The missus and I drink so much coffee, we had to buy a Bunn coffee maker. We kept wearing out the lesser brands like Mr. Coffee. At my last physical they asked how much coffee I drink and I said, "I don't know how many gallons does a normal person drink a day?" :biggrin:

Max Headroom

Veteran
There really can't be any adult in this great big world that has never tried coffee.

i've tried it once and hated it.
total life consumption: 1 cup

anyway, let's not forget that it's a psychotropic drug.
withdrawal symptoms are worse compared to cannabis.

from wiki
Withdrawal symptoms – including headaches, irritability, inability to concentrate, drowsiness, insomnia, and pain in the stomach, upper body, and joints – may appear within 12 to 24 hours after discontinuation of caffeine intake, peak at roughly 48 hours, and usually last from 2 to 9 days. Withdrawal headaches are experienced by 52% of people who stopped consuming caffeine for two days after an average of 235 mg caffeine per day prior to that. In prolonged caffeine drinkers, symptoms such as increased depression and anxiety, nausea, vomiting, physical pains and intense desire for caffeine containing beverages are also reported.
IMHO it is one of the 4 basic drugs that the whole world has been hooked on (mainly by corporate interests).

Caffeine (Tea, Coffee)
Sugar
Wheat (binds with certain opiate receptors)
Alcohol

we ALL consume these drugs in various quantities. (= HUGE markets)

anyway, let's get on with it... here is my take:

Americans get more antioxidants from coffee than anything else.
i guess i'll have to compensate...
Just smelling coffee could make you less stressed.
to me the smell of coffee is like the smell of smoke to a non-smoker. :puke:
Coffee could lessen the symptoms of Parkinson's disease.
luckily, i don't have PD
Coffee is great for your liver (especially if you drink alcohol).
here's a shocker: i don't drink alcohol either! :Bolt:
Coffee can make you feel happier.
i'm already very, very happy. :blowbubbles:
also: that's what i smoke weed for!
Coffee consumption has been linked to lower levels of suicide.
me happy = no 'Suie'
Coffee could reduce your chances of getting skin cancer (if you're a woman).
i'm not female
Coffee can make you a better athlete.
i'm not an athlete
Coffee could reduce your risk of developing Type 2 diabetes.
that's what i avoid wheat and sugar for.
Drinking coffee could help keep your brain healthier for longer.
again - that's what i smoke weed for
Coffee may make you more intelligent.
i'm already reasonably smart. :biggrin:

in conclusion: enjoy your coffee. :tiphat:

Dirt Life

Veteran
Totally honest, unbiased, no spin article ;-P

Legalized drug. Heavily lobbied.

Yup... the real answer.

Coffee isn't even the worst way to ingest caffeine anymore, those energy drinks/shots are AWFUL. All that sugar, dyes, and extracts.... just give me my cup o' Joe.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
i've tried it once and hated it.
total life consumption: 1 cup
There are quite a few people that I know that say the exact same thing about cannabis. Of course, the 'cannabis' they tried was complete garbage or laced... depending on who you're talking to.

The person relating their experience has NO clue that they were robbed. lol

kaochiu

Veteran
Five cups a day of pure arabica, Colombia Supremo. Sometimes Costa Rica Tarrazu. Love also the Ethiopian and Kenyan. Blue Mountain from Jamaica is good, but overrated. Brazilian is weakish. Indonesian can be good, but I don't come across often.
I use a 600$ Gaggia Espresso machine of 19 bars. It broke after years of heavy use and just now is repairing, so meanwhile i use a small italian espresso. Only natural beans, grinded to the right powder just before brewing with good bottled water. I guess I'm a coffee junkie.
Special mention to Italy, to me the biggest achievers. Nothing like an espresso with a neapolitan cafetiere complete with a small thick porcelain cup and dish, making chiccherio sound.
I don't care for its properties, to hell with its speculators. I like coffee. Tony Manero likes coffee too, despite being told that lemon tea is more sophisticated. Coffee is nice just as marijuana is nice just as firm tits are nice. Hurts noone and has no competitor. Tea can be good too, but so can be peanut butter, no relevance to coffee. If they outlaw coffee, we'll have to hide some bushes in the marihuana fields and open a website called International Coffeegraphic Magazine, icmag for short.

RoadRash

I knew a woman that ran a coffee house in Coos Bay Oregon until she was run out of town by the local Gendarmes (cops) for starting a "hippie community".

She always referred to Starbuck's as "Starpuke's". I get the impression that this is common in the 'independent coffee' community.

But everybody agrees on one thing - coffee is Great.

I learned to drink coffee on cheap 15 cent machine coffee at the Physics Lab in college.

Max Headroom

Veteran
There are quite a few people that I know that say the exact same thing about cannabis. Of course, the 'cannabis' they tried was complete garbage or laced... depending on who you're talking to.

The person relating their experience has NO clue that they were robbed. lol

oh, if i was offered some incredible gourmet coffee, i'd be open to giving it another try. but since most coffee drinkers i know use these tab-machines, i'm probably as far away from being offered A+ coffee, as i am from getting my hands on a bag of some rare tropical outdoor sativa. ;)

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i hate coffee i only drink it at work, i'm usually full of energy anyway so most times coffee actually makes me tired unless i drink a whole pot or 3.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
oh, if i was offered some incredible gourmet coffee, i'd be open to giving it another try.
You ever get to Fairplay, Colorado... look me up. :D

Even with only half-way decent beans... the Krups machine I have will make a pretty keen cup of espresso. I spent a few months learning how to pull a real shot of espresso. :D

I find that drip coffee flavor is really tied to bean quality... at least when clean water is always used.

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

I drink about 8 cups in the first 3 hours of my day. I have been a coffee drinker since the days of my misspent youth.

For reasons that I will not go into depth about my life as a young boy but I began to drink coffee at Denney's at 14 years of age. A dime would get you a cup of coffee with refills all night long.

Back in those days, nobody ever hassled me about curfew so I would stay with my older friends on a regular basis. I spent years in Denneys.

That's where it started...have never looked back...I love my coffee.

We grind our beans here...much better flavor than Folgers to be sure.

As to my yellow teeth...OK

minds_I

LEF

Veteran
8 cups first 3 hours ? how many cups do you drink later on ?

do you have the shakes ?

what if you don't have your coffee ?

sorry trying to edjumacate myself

TheCleanGame

Veteran
I would imagine some pretty keenly edged headaches show up when there's no coffee around. LOL Been there after that much coffee regularly. OW! :D

oldhaole

Veteran
Reason # 13

Reason # 13

It's Free....

I grow it. Welcome to Hawaii.

It's a bitch to pick, drying the beans on the deck is hard too. It gets wet it's ruined. You can roast it anyway you feel. Then I sell the extras down the road at $36 bucks a lb.

I keep a fifty lb bag of green cherries for my own use. Finally got a great roaster and make little batches all year.

I drink 8 -10 cups a day.

All it costs is sweat.

picture.php

supermanlives

Veteran
Ya unfortunately nearly all coffee sold in the US has mold on it in addition to a huge, gross variety of chemicals.

Spending money on organic fruits/veg and then buying normal coffee doesn't make a lot of sense.

...but growing coffee trees isn't practical for most people, life sucks for almost all working people, so fuck it. Drink your coffee and enjoy it.

coffee aint like tomatos they need a proper climate to produce worthy beans . otherwise your beans suck an aint worth growing .all work no payoff if the quality aint good. peace

sdd420

Veteran
I like different blends and roasts.... black. Cream and sugar is what makes coffee unhealthy.

Yep me too. Also in summer brew a batch with half the normal amount of water and add ice water for iced coffee which I also prefer black no sugar or milk. Peace sdd

sprinkl

Veteran
Admitted coffee addict here. If I don't have access I start to panic. Funny enough though the caffeine doesn't do a damn thing for me. Don't get more energy or more awake, at least not perceivably. I can drink a fat cup and go right to bed.

I do however, need it to wake up in the morning. Go figure.

Ha, sounds like my dad. He goes to bed after a cup and if he doesn't have any he'll be asleep by 8 in the evening.

It's dependence like that that scares me. I like a cup of coffee in the morning, or two. It's a good start but if I drink too much in the morning I'll have a mood crash in the afternoon. Drinking it all day seems like something that wouldn't be good for me :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts