What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

duckduckgo

al70

Veteran
search engine called duckduckgo, doesn't track your searches like google, yahoo , etc

St. Phatty

I use it every morning to bring up a list of business news websites.

I just type in "Business News" and see what it brings up.

Google has about the same links, but only 10 per page.

DuckDuckGo has, seems like, 20+ links per page ... but I can only read so many.

diagicmajik

One of the best and least known features of duckduckgo are "bangs". If you precede your search with an "!" followed by "g" (!g _____) duckduckgo will return search results from google, without the tracking that google does. "!a" returns amazon results w/out tracking. There are bangs for over 9,000 sites so far. I still have gmail and fb accounts, but since I've started using duckduckgo and those bang prefixes, I've seen a big drop in the targeted ads I used to receive as a result of my search history.

St. Phatty

This relates to the debate I never have with a brother who works in Web Analytics. He is 100% pro-Facebook, pro-advertising, pro-advertising-metrics, etc.

Has the Internet improved since 1997 ?

If you think the answer is yes, let me stuff another ad in your face.

St. Phatty

All this duck talk is making me hungry.....PEking duck rules..Yeehaw

It's the one thing that makes the trip to SF Chinatown worth it, whether it's the Broadway Chinatown or the Clement St. Chinatown.

I suggest avoiding the rice, too many Goddamn rocks, cracked one of my teeth and there went a $1000 gold crown.

Still like Peking Duck though !

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i shoot em to be honest

roast mallard or wood duck with dressing & gravy...:woohoo: i miss using lead pellets though. biting into the shot mandated for migratory birds these days can cost you hundreds (if not thousands!) of dollars at a dentist office. WAY too hard...:comfort:

St. Phatty

speaking of Duck -

why don't they make Peking Chicken ?

Have you ever noticed that Chinese Butchers - the ones with those Big Steel Knives - rarely get robbed, even though they handle lots of cash ?