What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone here willing to cop to using Flint from Bayer?

It's a systemic fungicide that's safe for food crops (supposedly) and effective against botrytis. Was just wondering if anyone knew of folks using it and whether or not they knew of any research on the safety aspect of it.

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
I just did a quick google search and it seems to me like it's just a (generally agreed to be) safer version of Eagle 20, which people use (just not in flowering) without reporting any adverse effects.

If it's supposed to be effective against PM and botrytis and safe for consumption, it's worth a try in my book.

I just did a quick google search and it seems to me like it's just a (generally agreed to be) safer version of Eagle 20, which people use (just not in flowering) without reporting any adverse effects.

If it's supposed to be effective against PM and botrytis and safe for consumption, it's worth a try in my book.

Thanks for the reply, was going to use it but got scared off - the label says not to use in greenhouses, so I probably shouldn't us it in an indoor setting. Unless I knew exactly why they don't want you to use it in greenhouses. Also, the directions are all for per acres sprays so I'd have to figure out what dosage to use.

Mr. Stinky

i have some coming now. the only guy i know of who didnt have a spot of mold last fall was using this. sprayed sept 15, and chopped the last of it 2 weeks after i had to cut mine (mold spots starting) without a bit of trouble.

id like to know why its not for greenhouses as well

i have some coming now. the only guy i know of who didnt have a spot of mold last fall was using this. sprayed sept 15, and chopped the last of it 2 weeks after i had to cut mine (mold spots starting) without a bit of trouble.

id like to know why its not for greenhouses as well

Can you find out how he diluted it? The instructions are by the acre - not exactly for my little setup.

Last edited:

MelloYello

by the drop

by the drop

1 ounce per 15-30 gallons per acre.

Using the 30 gallons divided by 120= a quart

1 ounce= 600 drops..water is about 600 drops. How thick is the product?

600 drops divided by 120 = 5 drops

So, 5 drops of Flint to one quart of water. Will cover 1/120 of an acre.

An acre is approximately 43,560 sq.ft

So 5 drops of FLINT, mixed with one quart of Water. Will cover 363 sq feet.

Check my math, I may be trying to kill you,, or worse..your plants

1 ounce per 15-30 gallons per acre.

Using the 30 gallons divided by 120= a quart

1 ounce= 600 drops..water is about 600 drops. How thick is the product?

600 drops divided by 120 = 5 drops

So, 5 drops of Flint to one quart of water. Will cover 1/120 of an acre.

An acre is approximately 43,560 sq.ft

So 5 drops of FLINT, mixed with one quart of Water. Will cover 363 sq feet.

Check my math, I may be trying to kill you,, or worse..your plants

Thanks for the hard work! The problem is that it doesn't come in a liquid form but rather in little pellets. But I suppose one could use the same math just applied to weight but for small applications you'd probably need a triple beam which I don't have.

Mr. Stinky

its a goddamn miracle cure! a basement full of mold is now completely mold free and growing beautifully. i dont know what the exact mix is, but i put a "pinch" of granules in a gallon of water. works perfectly. a pinch is a layer between a thumb and pointer finger. flint has been applied to everything i have now, and will be as long as i grow, along with forbid.

FatherEarth

Veteran
http://www.azomite.com/

AgSil 16H

Pro Tekt Silicate

No need for resorting to harsh chemicals from companies who commit crimes against humanity to stave off powdery mildew. Azomite and or one of the potassium silicates here as a weekly foliar will eliminate PM and has many health benefits for your plants.
Use them, stop poisoning yourself and the Earth, not to mention the people ingesting your harvest.

In Health And Positive Direction,

FE

Mr. Stinky

we arent talking about PM here, hippies.... im talking about the kinds of serious molds that are actually harmful to our health, much more so than a tested and proven spray that is long long gone by the end of flowering. its a real shame our community has gone so touchy feely and lost sense of reality. everyone wants to stick their nose up and spout all this organic BS, when actually, no one fucking asked you! go back and read the thread title. theres an organic forum for hugging and snake oil.

FatherEarth

Veteran
we arent talking about PM here, hippies.... im talking about the kinds of serious molds that are actually harmful to our health, much more so than a tested and proven spray that is long long gone by the end of flowering. its a real shame our community has gone so touchy feely and lost sense of reality. everyone wants to stick their nose up and spout all this organic BS, when actually, no one fucking asked you! go back and read the thread title. theres an organic forum for hugging and snake oil.

Your statement and the quality of the herb in your albums tells me all I need to know. Ill be sure and hug my snake oil a lil tighter after seeing that. Thank you for your guidance.

FE

soil margin

Veteran
Poor plant health = plant diseases and pests. Simple.

Why should I put any effort into taking proper care of my plants when I can buy some cheap nasty chemicals, then spray my cannabis that I'm going to sell to people and claim it's organic?

I'm willing to bet every gram of bud I've ever grown or smoked that 99% of these growers who spray serious chemicals on their buds either lie or simply claim ignorance when it comes to the content of their 'medicine'. Could you imagine that conversation between a grower and one of his customers/patients?

"Hey I was too lazy to take care of the girls this season so I just sprayed the shit out of this crop with every pesticide, fungicide and herbicide I could find at Home Depot. Hope you don't mind, oh and I'm still charging full price too. Enjoy your meds."

For me it's hard to call a plant medicine after it's been sprayed with something designed to kill living organisms.

edit: Just to clarify, I'm not hating on people who spray their plants. Do what you have to do to grow your stuff. But don't spray your plants with something that you aren't going to have the balls to admit to later on. Put a big sticker on the outside of your 1lb turkey bags that says "Sprayed with Flint/Eagle/etc. or Chemicals used on this product" and I've got no beef whatsoever.

FatherEarth

Veteran
Just to clarify, I'm not hating on people who spray their plants.

Not hating, but I do have beef with them if they dont tell people what theyve done to their crop. Lying about the contents of your work when its to be ingested by sick people, or even the healthy, is despicable to say the least. All for what, profit? I hope their crops wilt and die.

If you are not willing to educate yourself on how plants work and what they really need to survive, you shouldnt be growing for anyone but yourself. Jumping in bed with companies like bayer and monsanto to ensure you are able to bring home a harvest is sad and hurts everyone in the long run. You can only walk so far blindfolded until you run into something thats going to hurt. Im sure some people will neg rep my standpoint on this issue, so be it. The truth is sometimes hard to swallow for those living in the dark. The material and info is there all you have to do is look.

Respectfully,

FE

hamstring

Veteran
Hey thread starter as a OD only grower for over 20 years I am very tempted to use anything on my plant to pull off a harvest. I make no bones about telling the truth.

Please give more info about condition of plants before decision??

I have used liquid copper on some heavily infested(leaf spot) and this is not shit you want to be breathing in.

All of these fungicides are nothing you're excited about spraying on your plants. It s moe money, moe labor, and most of all----moe chance of your plot being seen.

I use that as my measuring stick as weather I spray my plants with anything, anything !!!!,

I wasn't insinuating that anyone would lie about it. Just that they might not like to bring it up for fear of being lambasted. Glad to hear it's helping you mr stinky.