What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*** CHRISTMASS IS COMMING ***

Choc

Hi guys and gals :wave:

Right so with Crimbo less than 8 weeks away i think its time to make some goodies and im gonna need some help.... :woohoo:

I dont mind if people help out with whats what and want to see how i do it then i have no problem with doing a step by step or just taking photos as i go...:tiphat:

I have about a 1000 Grams Bone Dry of Trim that is from a SpinPro Trimmer, all the Fan Leaves were removed and there is no stems, so all thats left is small leaf and bits of bud that gets knocked/chopped off...

I want to make some CannaButter for cooking with and some CannaRUM for getting Boozy...

What i need some help with is the amount of dried trim i should be using to the amount of butter and Rum

from what i have read for the butter about 60 grams is good for 1lb of butter would you say this is right, or to much or not enough?

next up i need to know how to infuse the rum with the THC... i like Captain Morgans RUM its 40% should i use that or Bacardi 151 and then water it down with CapMorgans after? how do you go about doing this?

im going to make cakes and brownies make little bottles of the rum up and gift it to friends & Family....

cant wait :woohoo:

Choc

500 grams to what ratio?

I have just weighed the Bag of trim its been curing for month in a black sack and there is 1980grams now big leaf no stems....

anyone have any pointers for the easiest way to make large amounts of butter i have all the recipes i need just need to make the butter....

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Captain Morgans spiced rum is 35%, I think. You'd get much better results with Bacardi 151, and even better results with Everclear 190. Lower alcohol liquors don't do a great job at extracting and holding the cannabinoids. I've used 151 before with decent results, but I had problems mixing it with a weaker rum like Captain Morgans. The dissolved cannabinoids and plant oils tend to separate and float to the top if the alcohol isn't at a high enough concentration.

If you just use the trim as is, you might not like the taste it adds to the rum. To make a pleasant tasting drink, use the trim to make hash or hash oil and dissolve the hash in the rum. Another option is to water cure the trim first, then dry it and add it to your rum. Strain out the trim after a few days (or weeks) and give the rum a taste test.

Choc

Morgans is 40% but i know what you mean it is a little weak... i wanted to make up some 250ml bottles that is about 6 shots and tell them its alike a shot drink so the flavour wont be so important but i want it to have a kick :D what bud to 151 ratios did you use?

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
Christmas is coming, and Santa brought extra letters for each word!!!

Hot buttered canna-rum - that sounds great!

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Morgans is 40% but i know what you mean it is a little weak... i wanted to make up some 250ml bottles that is about 6 shots and tell them its alike a shot drink so the flavour wont be so important but i want it to have a kick :D what bud to 151 ratios did you use?

I didn't think flavor was important before, but it makes a big difference now that I've tried batches made with water cured trim or hash.

I don't actually use bud with my green dragon, since I always have tons of leaves and trim. I basically take a quart mason jar and fill it as full as I can with leaves and trim. If it looks full, I push it down and add more until I can't fit any more. I've compressed a whole garbage bag full of trim into a quart jar before. I never weighed it so I don't know the exact amount.

After that, I fill the jar with 190 proof Everclear and let it sit for a week. I drain out the alcohol with a strainer on top of the bottle, refill with fresh Everclear, and let sit for a while longer. I've let the second extraction sit for a few weeks up to a few years. I'm never in a hurry since I always have other batches to drink.

When I make it like that, the first batch is strong enough so I only need 1/2 to 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) to get the effect I want. The second batch is weaker, so I need maybe 2 to 4 teaspoons. Sometimes I combine the 2 so I get a uniform potency. If I use 151 instead of Everclear, it comes out somewhat weaker but still good.

You'll have to experiment a little if you want one shot to be a good dose. Just make a small batch and test it, adjusting for potency afterwards as needed. It's easier to make it really strong at first and then dilute with more rum (151) until you get the right potency. After a few tests you'll have it at just the right strength for you.

Everyone is different, though, and tolerances vary widely. If one shot gets you pleasantly high, you'll probably have friends who won't feel much from 2 or 3 shots. They'll get drunk before they have enough to get high. Other friends will get too high from just 1 shot. I prefer to make my batches as strong as possible and tell my friends to start out with a teaspoon or less. I've given out lots of little 50 milliliter bottles (10 teaspoons) over the years. There's always someone who doesn't listen and drinks the whole bottle, but they don't make that mistake a second time.