What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can we have a "drug problem discussion thread"?

Senor Smokey

I almost killed myself and could of killed someone else driving drunk. I went to see a addiction counselor and AA meetings in order to get a lighter sentence at court. Getting arrested that night was a blessing in disguise. The counseling and AA helped me a lot. I would recommend the counseling and the NA meetings if you are really serious.

devilgoob

Veteran
I only have one thing to mention: If you do have the pain and need to take a pain killer, then DO IT! Don't ever feel bad or have shame because of it.

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
JD, stay strong man you got this shit just remeber what take that shit does to the people around you and not to mention your own health. if i told you the amount of shit ive eatin in sitting i doubt anyone would believe me and im certainly disguisted in my self for ever being that type of person.

THis is what keeps me sober. also the raging constipation
I drink beer a few times a week and smoke/vap/eat all day

yes my neck and back hurt bad sometimes, but ill be completly honest i was in more pain on painkillers. i would be bend and twist my back and neck because i was so loose and after doing that it actually fucked my shit up worse.

chronic back pain doesnt need opiates or benzos for relief, if u think u do well thats a joke

i find exercise, bike riding, healthy organic diet, stretching before exercising and a few times a day, yoga .

sitting around doing nothing taking painpills will only make whatever pain you have that much worse trust me ive done it all way more than you, dont listen to this guy who posted above me.

good luck buddy

^^^This man speaks the truth!! I know its hard, but the best thing is to get active. Like he said even something like yoga will help immensely.

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
sexy organic eating yoga woman are fuckin sexy ive been inlove with one for over 3 years she is another reason i would choose pain over fake numbness from those lil round pieces of garbage. i just hate that such a horrible addicting life controling drug can be prescibed so easily cause i didnt even want it at first they just gave it to me. ooo and its legal .weak. just another excuse to take that garbage.! anything and just about everything from ur pharmacist is shhhhhhhhhiat with sideefects you cant even list with all fingers and toes. there literally legal drug dealers fo real

thanks for the props guys above!!!!!

some people in this thread should stay out if they dont got positive things, helpfull things to say..

jd4083

Veteran
been at least a month since I've eaten any of the bad shit...lately my back's been feeling real rough and I've been within seconds of calling a "friend" to get something to help out. Thank god for my true friends who have demonstrated that they are ready, willing, and able to slap the phone out of my hand and the bullshit justifications out of my head.

I was at one such buddy's house the other day cutting clones and he mentioned how much better I looked and seemed to feel without the hard drugs. Said he was glad to have his friend back and not the empty shell that I was when I was on the dope. I just about broke down after hearing that...thanked him profusely for being such a good friend and an example of a great person for me and others to follow...this is a guy who I've screwed over (unintentionally) before when on drugs, time and time again. Every single time he believed in the person that I am when I'm not on dope and allowed me to make it right without harsh judgments or alienating me. I know he browses this site every once in a while and might see this post, and I hope he does, because I can't possibly thank him enough for what he has done to help me. Because of him, along with the others, some of which also browse this site (you all know who you are), and my family...and the folks in this thread...I'm slowly but surely getting back on track. Next up: get rid of the pack-a-day habit, and maybe cold turkey the herb for a while as well. Been many years since I had a totally clear head and I think now's the time for it.

jd4083

Veteran
:tiphat: hello again fellas and ladies...been a little while...haven't had anything growing for security reasons as of lately so I've been staying off ICMag so as not to get jealous...lol

anyways, it's been 4, 4 and a half months (I think?) since I quit the bad shit...feeling better than ever...been tough and I've almost slipped at times with my back the way it is but I've stayed strong...thanks again for all the support and i hope that everyone else with this issue is also staying that way as well :tiphat: til next time... peace

crazybear

Good luck JD. I know how much it sucks to deal with pain without hard drugs, & even harder without any smoke! So keep strong!:wave:

I, personally only have a problem with drugs in the following ways.

1. Being disrespected by the drugs.
2. Being affected by past problems and or habits I have had while within my highs.
3. Being affected by outside forces of negativity while trying to exist in solidarity of my own self.
4. Allowing lingering connections of the past to continue their usage of my mind.
5. Feeling the 'need or want' for drugs while they're not around. There is a sickness that this can lead to called addiction.

julianwebb

I know we like to avoid discussing hard drugs, especially pharmaceuticals, but I also know that there are plenty of folks on this board who have trouble with this and perhaps this could be a good outlet for those of us with such problems to discuss alternative treatment options for addiction issues.

A few months ago I started using (black market) prescription pills again and fell down that slippery slope even faster than I originally did several years ago. About a week and a half ago I decided that I was done being physically dependent on pills to get through the day (had been using my chronic, nearly-debilitating lower back pain as justification for the opiates & the benzos...) and put them down. I'm just now starting to get my head back together, and I would love to hear from others with the same issues if they are so inclined to share.

Sorry if this thread is against the rules -- I feel like if it can stay, and people can be mature and rational in this discussion, that this could be a great resource for those of us who have fought addiction in the past and continue to battle it to this day. Any thoughts?

Addiction is awful. I was a heroin addict for years. Years. And it was insanely hard to get off of. I tried a ton of different methods and some of them worked pretty well. But that method that worked for me was Ibogaine (https://experienceibogaine.com/ibogaine-treatment-cost).

I for sure know this isn't for everyone nor would I recommend everyone try it. But it did work for me after multiple attempts at getting clean through traditional rehab. My parents are proud of me. Yay I am a successful 30 year old!

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Addiction is awful. I was a heroin addict for years. Years. And it was insanely hard to get off of. I tried a ton of different methods and some of them worked pretty well. But that method that worked for me was Ibogaine (https://experienceibogaine.com/ibogaine-treatment-cost).

I for sure know this isn't for everyone nor would I recommend everyone try it. But it did work for me after multiple attempts at getting clean through traditional rehab. My parents are proud of me. Yay I am a successful 30 year old!

Hiya A warm welcome to ic from a rainy NE London,,,
a brave first post and congrats on your time clean,,,
i am nearly 30years clean and it does get easier as long as a person is mindful of there "monkey on the shoulder/black dog" etc,etc..
and never think they can have another go " round the block" after many years clean cos she [heroin] will fuck you "seven times from sunday",,,,,,,

Well done Julian and i am 53 years old for the record lol,,944s2:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts