What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can we have a "drug problem discussion thread"?

jd4083

Veteran
I know we like to avoid discussing hard drugs, especially pharmaceuticals, but I also know that there are plenty of folks on this board who have trouble with this and perhaps this could be a good outlet for those of us with such problems to discuss alternative treatment options for addiction issues.

A few months ago I started using (black market) prescription pills again and fell down that slippery slope even faster than I originally did several years ago. About a week and a half ago I decided that I was done being physically dependent on pills to get through the day (had been using my chronic, nearly-debilitating lower back pain as justification for the opiates & the benzos...) and put them down. I'm just now starting to get my head back together, and I would love to hear from others with the same issues if they are so inclined to share.

Sorry if this thread is against the rules -- I feel like if it can stay, and people can be mature and rational in this discussion, that this could be a great resource for those of us who have fought addiction in the past and continue to battle it to this day. Any thoughts?

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
I absolutely agree, since most of the mainstream ways of treating addiction issues demand and require you stop smoking herb which actually will help with some addictions.

The authorities are so quick to label you an "addict" and send you through their standardized system of treatment as their cure all, not considering that it may not be the best route for everybody or actually help them with whats ailing them.

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
thats awseome man fuck that shit drugs fucking suck fo real ive been around the block with just about everythinng and let me tell you it sucks they all suck(i dont consider things like natural psychedelics, ethogens and ganja drugs) when i was young i got prescribed by docs shit tons of benzos and painkillers all sorts of shit but mainly those two for really bad anxiety and back/neck problems from a car accident. well after a few months i was hooked on them and that was the worst two years of my life almost overdosed and that was that stoped everything coldturkey... fast forward about 3-4 years to recently and got really injured again with bulging discs and broken ribs same shit docs gave me benzos and painkillers basically at the dose i had when i had tolerance. well it only took me a month or two of being on them for me to be at my worst(very not good) and i lost 25 pounds at least and i just said what the fuck am i doing. kicked it cold turkey again horrible wds for about two weeks.

the moral of the story is this shorty relapse has made me remeber everytime i see a fucking piece of shit pill bottle what that shit does to me,friends and family. NO MATTER HOW MUCH PAIN IM IN OR ANXIOUS . i will never use them again and using things like legit pain and anxiety still isnt okay to abuse medications.

Last edited:

jd4083

Veteran
I absolutely agree, since most of the mainstream ways of treating addiction issues demand and require you stop smoking herb which actually will help with some addictions.

The authorities are so quick to label you an "addict" and send you through their standardized system of treatment as their cure all, not considering that it may not be the best route for everybody or actually help them with whats ailing them.

I'm on the fence about whether my herb use (historically NOT very well moderated if I'm being completely honest...morning, noon, and night for a decade...) helps or hurts in this regard. I've gone from smoking about a half ounce a day to under a gram over the last couple of weeks and I've felt much better overall, so I'm going to keep that trend going and maybe quit completely for a while if I feel so inclined. But that is an issue that I was hoping would come up, along with another-

1.) Can cannabis be used legitimately as part of an ongoing treatment/recovery plan to help keep users off of the "bad drugs," or is it just a temporary band-aid fix that trades one addiction for another? (I know that won't go over well with a lot of you, but let's be honest - just about all of us are "addicted" to pot in one way or another, otherwise we likely would not be members of this community and have put herb so high on our list of priorities in life...right?)

2.) Are there other options for recovery with a proven track record that do not involve the 12 step doctrine? This should be an interesting one...I've done some research into rational recovery & the like, but unfortunately could not find local meetings within 60 miles as it is far less ubiquitous than AA/NA/similar fellowships.

Thanks for posting, hope this thread can stay on a positive track. :tiphat:

jd4083

Veteran
thats awseome man fuck that shit drugs fucking suck fo real ive been around the block with just about everythinng and let me tell you it sucks they all suck(i dont consider things like natural physidellics, ethogens and ganja drugs) when i was young i got prescribed by docs shit tons of benzos and painkillers all sorts of shit but mainly those two for really bad anxiety and back/neck problems from anxiety. well after a few months i was hooked on them and that was the worst two years of my life almost overdosed and that was that stoped everything coldturkey... fast forward about 3-4 years to recently and got really injured again with bulging discs and broken ribs same shit docs gave me benzos and painkillers basically at the dose i had when i had tolerance. well it only took me a month or two of being on them for me to be at my worst(very not good) and i lost 25 pounds at least and i just said what the fuck am i doing. kicked it cold turkey again horrible wds for about two weeks.

the moral of the story is this shorty relapse has made me remeber everytime i see a fucking piece of shit pill bottle what that shit does to me,friends and family. NO MATTER HOW MUCH PAIN IM IN OR ANXIOUS . i will never use them again and using things like legit pain and anxiety still isnt okay to abuse medications.

:tiphat: thanks for posting...I agree...withdrawals SUCK, but being a worthless piece of shit junkie sucks WAY more, and I don't intend to go down that road ever again. :ying:

MMJcali

:tiphat: thanks for posting...I agree...withdrawals SUCK, but being a worthless piece of shit junkie sucks WAY more, and I don't intend to go down that road ever again. :ying:

amen.

i think the main problem is educational programs (DARE) putting so much emphasis on how bad weed is and not really talking about the really bad ones.

then when kids turn 13 and inevitably smoke weed for the first time they dont think ,"im not dying from this J, DARE was a bunch of crap, drugs must not be bad for you."

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
Cheers to you JD! Godspeed with your recovery. Mind over matter, baby!

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
Yea those pills are becoming quiet the problem.

I believe the avg is 3 walkin in clinics open up daily in Florida as front for pill mill.

These doctors are getting filthy rich at society's expense.

Ive heard of people smoking the OCs and also booting them. really fucked up shit. trully an epidemic.

Whats even more fucked up is the doctors out there "believe" in treating pain with opiates (to fatten there pockets)

Florida to pills is like California to weed.

jd4083

Veteran
http://www.ibogaine-treatment.com/

all one needs for substance abuse treatment.
kick horse without getting "dope sick" and 80% non relapse rate you say?!?!?

I've looked into this and am (as always) skeptical because I feel that, as the website states, there is no "cure-all" for addiction, and it still requires an enormous display of willpower and the desire not to tumble down the slippery slope all over again in order to stay off of drugs. I'll do some more research into it, of course, but from what I'm reading I'm past the point where that would be any help to me personally, as I've already detoxed myself.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
good on you for accepting defeat, most likely the first step is realizing your problem.

considering help is one aspect of recovery you cannot do without.

as an addict in remission i toil relentlessly to stymie opiate seduction. diazapam is even harder to eliminate from daily intake, but as you know, time will help.

take heart friend! you now have something to work towards. you were able to accomplish sobriety before, you can again, and it need not be sans cannabis.

jd4083

Veteran
amen.

i think the main problem is educational programs (DARE) putting so much emphasis on how bad weed is and not really talking about the really bad ones.

then when kids turn 13 and inevitably smoke weed for the first time they dont think ,"im not dying from this J, DARE was a bunch of crap, drugs must not be bad for you."

Agreed to an extent...better education is necessary for a multitude of reasons, this included, but IMVHO the bottom line is that if kids want to get fucked up, they're going to get fucked up regardless of what a person in a position of authority tells them are the consequences for such actions in the long run.

Could we as a community perhaps focus on promoting more even-handed and realistic education as a platform for change overall for this movement? I think that's an interesting point of discussion...thank you for posting...

Cheers to you JD! Godspeed with your recovery. Mind over matter, baby!

Thank you sir! :tiphat:

Yea those pills are becoming quiet the problem.

I believe the avg is 3 walkin in clinics open up daily in Florida as front for pill mill.

These doctors are getting filthy rich at society's expense.

Ive heard of people smoking the OCs and also booting them. really fucked up shit. trully an epidemic.

Whats even more fucked up is the doctors out there "believe" in treating pain with opiates (to fatten there pockets)

Florida to pills is like California to weed.

Indeed...was born in FL, went back for a year to be a district supervisor for a chain of restaurants, and fell right back into that trap...of course that was entirely MY fault and MINE alone, but it don't help when pills are so incredibly ubiquitous and CHEAP. :tiphat:

jd4083

Veteran
good on you for accepting defeat, most likely the first step is realizing your problem.

considering help is one aspect of recovery you cannot do without.

as an addict in remission i toil relentlessly to stymie opiate seduction. diazapam is even harder to eliminate from daily intake, but as you know, time will help.

take heart friend! you now have something to work towards. you were able to accomplish sobriety before, you can again, and it need not be sans cannabis.

Thank you for posting.... :tiphat: And the bolded sentence is very much on point...I would also add that helping others, whether they stay off of drugs or not, is an enormous help in one's own recovery. That is one thing I took away from the considerable amount of time I spent in the AA/NA fellowships and I feel very strongly that one addict helping another is really the closest thing to a "foolproof cure" for addiction that one can find...

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
oh defently mahn i can live with two weeks of feeling like shit ive had pneumonia like 5-8 times aint nothing just takes time but the feeling of of being on that shit is so depressing god i fucking hate them and hate doctors to fuck THEM!

i think cannabis is the greatest help with my anxiety and pain just using the right strain the right way. i did take a while to find out what helps the most. but ive found it hash capsules!

there is an AA alternative that lets boozers still drink one or two drinks a day. i dont remember the name tho. having a mentor is a big part of AA.

yeah you have to admit you need help. which is why charlie sheen is going to die. he doesnt have a drug problem and doesnt need help. yeah buddie. whatever you say bro.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Good thread! Having lead an interesting life Iv'e traveled your road. We fight this battle every day.Cannabis is the tool I use.Like any tool it depends on the user to determine.
Drugs,acohol,herb? Just like the ladies,I love them aaaallll.But just one I can live with every day24/7/365 Good luck brother keep the faith in yourself

Wiimote

I too struggle with a pill addiction. It has been nearly 17 years since I took any, but everyday I have to tell myself no. Especially the bad days, would be so easy to slip into being numb for a while.

Keep the faith, even if you don't have anything to have Faith in other than yourself

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I'm addicted to cool breezes on warm tropical days...warm seas and the laughter of my children as they play.....

...In my medicine bag I have some serious painkillers to be used if I break a bone or slip my disc again.....but only use them for a day or two at most when I absolutely need them.....

....Cannabis I used to use on a regular basis when I lived in colder climes to offset the rheumatism and arthritis that would cripple me at times......these days I don't use it so often at all....

...We are the victims of our own excesses mostly and we know when to stop what should be a medicine to cure or help a sickness.....when it becomes the sickness itself...

It's all down to self control.....and we must control ourselves.....or we may end up being controlled....

....Best wishes and strength to those that fall by the wayside addicted to what is not good......it is always possible to turn that around, you just have to persevere and be strong....

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
I had a remark to make but after reading Gypsy's I can't touch what he said and it chimes the truth and them are words of Wisdom....

J

Junkhead

I know I've said this on this forum before but I just wanted to warn about mixing benzos/opiates.

Two guys score a bag of H. ones taken two valiums/klonopins/xanax the other nada. The split it (H) evenly the nada guy doesn't even go on the nod and his valium taking friend turns blue and dies.

They work in sync and are greater than the sum of their parts.

Be careful out there

Latest posts

Latest posts