What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Weed in Cyprus?

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK, thanks ☺
to stay in some of the better hotels in cyprus costs a fortune and aware if you get caught with weed,it can be very harsh in its punishment,,have a nice hoilday fonzee,,,s2

Rinse

Veteran
Cyprus is one of the worst places to find weed, due to the laws, it actually used to grow wild but authorities made it extinct. The seeds are used in some Greek cakes, both savory and sweet, so the plant is not totally alien to Greeks.

In markets you could buy kilos of seed for cheap, at the bottom of the bag would be crushed leaves mixed with calyx's and yellow resin powder - apparently it would knock your socks off...

konopenko

Veteran
Greece is lovely country, people, food are nice at least in Crete but..I have never found any ganja. They must be hidding those plants very good, I asked at least 20 people and they didnt have a clue where to search.
OK found lovely beach in west Crete, beach bar full of old rastas and Bob Marley music-I mean at least 2-3 albums...and no ganja, my lungs were starving yet again :tumbleweed:
I even asked Dutch tour guide to Samaria where can I find some ganja..and evil bitch brought me some mountain thymian:beat-dead
Anybody knows where can I find ganja on Crete, Cypruss?

Take my advice, the safest thing to do is make alot of weed oil and put it into clear shampoo bottles.

If they ask what it is, say its oil based soap for your skin.

Then, proceed to apply said oil to every greek salad and octopus that you see, you'll be laughing your ass off by the time they serve the Ouzo.

Years ago I was in Larnaca and Agia Napa, found chronic, although the quality was complete garbage, we could have easily gone without it.

Have a safe trip!

-steady

Greece is lovely country, people, food are nice at least in Crete but..I have never found any ganja. They must be hidding those plants very good, I asked at least 20 people and they didnt have a clue where to search.
OK found lovely beach in west Crete, beach bar full of old rastas and Bob Marley music-I mean at least 2-3 albums...and no ganja, my lungs were starving yet again :tumbleweed:
I even asked Dutch tour guide to Samaria where can I find some ganja..and evil bitch brought me some mountain thymian:beat-dead
Anybody knows where can I find ganja on Crete, Cypruss?

Greece is a different country then Cyprus, just saying.

Also, the situation in Crete is very liberal, they are fiercely independent and some villages have zero police presence. tons of good bud to be had

xarmanis666

As most stoners I googled where to find weed in my country (like yea its gonna happen) and I've stumbled on this entry some years ago. At sober moments of desperation and boredom like this Im googling again (LIKE YEA SOME1 POSTED A LEGIT SOURCE ONLINE SOME YEARS AGO AND ITS THERE FOR ME). WHATEVER.

am here like 5 years after to post what really happens in Cyprus with weed, both south and north side.
Ive been smoking weed not for long, since summer of 2009 to be exact.
As a South (or Greek Cypriot) side resident it has always been hard to find WEED to smoke. Prices dropped exactly in half since 2009. When i was starting it costed 40 euros for a gram of GOOD shit cant say for quantities tho cause i did not smoke much back then. Today, 2015 prices are 20 euros for a gram of dank imported bud or 10-15 for local stuff. As always it can happen that you get shit stuff but really it does not happen that often. For 7 grams of that good stuff, the price drops at 110-120 euros and at periods of a drought the gram goes for 25 euros and the quarter for 140. If you are a tourist you are literally fucked. You just need to have connections to know someone that sells. If you come here and actually get to smoke, love and thank your connections or be gratefull to your lucky ass. Most times even if you are a local and get a dealer's phone number, the guy immediately gets paranoid and does not sell to you. The worse part is that again even as a local, if you just have a casual connection and not a really good trusted one you will get ripped off on the quantity of the bag. Usual thing is that they give 0.8 instead of a gram and 6.7 instead of a quarter. FUUUUUUUUCK THEM!!
Something really annoying are the current days (mid august holiday season) The dealers are off to fucking holidays and there is no one to sell stuff to you!!

As a local with connections you can find stuff to smoke in most of the south side districts. Limassol,Nicosia,Larnaca, south side Famagusta but not so much in Paphos.

Now for the police. The fuckers will beat the shit out of you for half a joint or a bag with residue. They will come at your house and search everything like they are trying to find a grow house from a guy that had on him 0.2 grams. Also, they will make sure the whole neighborhood knows that you got arrested. The cops. MEH. fuck them. Luckily and fortunately ive been paranoid since 2011 and always take caution so I have never been arrested. If you are careful though you can make it. Our drug police is so fucking useless that never catches everyone by themselves and always wait for some1 to tell on someone else. What you have to be careful from are our "special forces" cops or MMAD that are extremely suspicious steroid pumped bullies. They are going to stop you for a license and registration check and end up giving you a full body check and a a really good car check. If you see them, your best choice is to swallow your stuff or keep it in a small bag within your underpants and with a serious face refuse to lose them when asked cause "you have a small dick". Thats it pretty much with the pigs, something else worth of saying is that they are actually trying to chance the law so you dont get jail time for small quantities but just go to a full rehab program. (LIKE THATS GONNA HAPPEN YOU PIECES OF SHIT.) I cant deny this is progress tho.

Finishing for the north side, I have limited knowledge for what exactly happens there since i ve visited only twice, but I know Turkish Cypriots that travel all the way from North side Famagusta to South side Nicosia to buy their stuff and they have to pass it through the border. Kinda hard but they have their ways. As for the law there, something about the same with south side I guess, get your ass kicked and spend i dont know how much time in jail.

This pretty much sumps up for "WEED IN 2015 CYPRUS". its 8:35 in the morning and I cant sleep cause I havent smoked shit in 2 days. I hope my luck gets better today. If you got any more questions post and I might see it if I do not die of complete boredom
Cheers!!

xarmanis666

And in Czech republic you can get it for 2-5 euros, smoke it in front of cops (discretely of course) and also not die of extreme heat.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
laws don't seem to have changed since I lived there (limassol) in the late 80's, it was harsh then too although I was lucky enough to buy really good hash... 100 grams for 60 CYP... lol it lasted me literally 3 months or more, in the end I was eating it to get rid of it.. :)

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
thats a bit of a shame isn't it.. when you think about all the countries around Cyprus that make hash... Ironically I think the hash I was buying was Turkish...one time we were so high on it (after making milk drinks with about 2 grams each) we couldn't remember the name of the Island we lived on, but thought maybe it began with a K so maybe it was Ghana... seriously high... :)

xarmanis666

2016 NEWS!!
HEMP IS NOW LEGAL AND DOCTORS CAN PRESCRIBE MEDICAL CANNABIS TO CANCER PATIENTS!!! MANY THANKS TO THE FRIENDS OF CANNABIS CLUB FOR THEIR CONTRIBUTION AND RESISTANCE!!

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Thanks Fonzee,,,,
Always been warned about taking cannabis to Cyprus apart from nice hotels costing loads i been told not to carry in Cyprus as they can be pretty harsh on the greek side and on the Turkish side i guess they may not be as harsh but i am only guessing this bit,,,,,s2:tiphat:
Same here bro
People seems very paranoid about it last I've been to Cyprus. However, I was never bothered by no official.

zen22

hello

hello

hello forgive me for my poor english or any spelling mistakes .As a Cypriot i have to inform you that if you came to cyprus for holidays its better to forget about weed. As other members write on previous posts its not easy to find even if you are a cypriot sometimes.
Also the prices are ridiculously high. Type on google "most expensive weed Prices in the World" and in some of the pages you will see you will find cyprus. Also the quality is totally SHIT. And this is because the dealers nowadays they import weed from countries like Albania where is weed is one of the worst in the world but is also very cheap. So instead of a dealer to pay for example 5000 euros for one kilo he pays 1000 for a kilo, but the prices for a simple user remains the same!
Except that the weed here is not something "healthy" in not bio. As i mentions before because of the low quality weed the import the THC lever are very low and ever people who smoke once every few month cannot get stones, imagine a regular user how much must to smoke to get high, so in order to make the weed stronger that spray it with chemicals(i dont know what kind of chemicals ). Also in order to make the weed smells good they spray it with something thats smells like eucalyptus or something witch the smell is similar to wee. The also put the weed inside water in order the weed to gain weight. So i you buy 1 gr you will probably get 0.7.
Due to the above facts except the fact that you have to add a lot of weed in a joint in order to get high cause of the weeds bad quality you may also fell pain in the stomach of have acid reflex or you might puke and things like that.Basically we can fell that there is a chemical in your body-stomach So if you have any stomach issues weed in cyprus is not for you. And now the buzz you will get is not a "clear" buszz its lets say "dirty" if you smoke a lot you will fell like a zombie you might have headache and the next day you may fell hangover symptoms similar those of alcohol abuse.Also a friend of mine who is working as a psychiatrist told me that they analyse weed is medical labatories (i dont know if it was import weed or cyprus weed) a lot of time and they have find something on it i dont remember what it was called or if it was a hormone or any other chemical which this chemical is used on the tree in order to grow up much faster. This thing(hormone-chemical i don remember) he told me that it creates some form of oil into the leaves of weed that it might cause serious psychosis full with with serious psychosis and the last 1-2 years psychiatrist have a lot of patients with psychosis and the doctors didnt have a clue where this psychosis come from until they make this weed analyses and the result was the most of these people they were heavy weed smokers but know ones could imagine that weed is full fit with this shity chemicals .I have smoke weed from a lot of dealers and also have friend who smoke and buy from different dealers that i do and its all the same shit. Similar prices, similar shity quality. So my advise if you still want to get high in cyprus during your holiday period the best way is to buy weed or oil from your country and turn it into E-LIQUID and bring it in 10 or 30 ml bottles (real e liquid bottles with the e liquid brand on it) you can also add some flavor on it in order not to smell and its better not to put it in your travel bag because i dont know if there any police dogs where the bags checkd and smell it its better to keep it in your pocket or in your handbag and have also an e cigarette with you so in any case they search you or something you can say that is your e liquid for your e-cig. and you can smoke it on an e cigarette.
i see to smoke a lot but now due to all the reason i mention above i smoke only once or twice a month and every time i do this the next day i regret it because i feel like shit. So my advise forget about weed here is not worth it. I hope my post give you some usefull information

Cheesegez

Lol brings back memories , I remember going to protarus and tryna score some bud ... I walked down the strip all night long tryna find a stoner lol my girl was getting pissed by that point I'd smoked all the bud I brought with me , anyway cut a long story short on my way back I seen some dude with ganja pants on so I thought fuck it and tried my luck , it was at the ghetto bar which burned down the following year I got 1 g of seed filled weed for 30 euros lol never again they must of seen me comming lol

Cheesegez

hello forgive me for my poor english or any spelling mistakes .As a Cypriot i have to inform you that if you came to cyprus for holidays its better to forget about weed. As other members write on previous posts its not easy to find even if you are a cypriot sometimes.
Also the prices are ridiculously high. Type on google "most expensive weed Prices in the World" and in some of the pages you will see you will find cyprus. Also the quality is totally SHIT. And this is because the dealers nowadays they import weed from countries like Albania where is weed is one of the worst in the world but is also very cheap. So instead of a dealer to pay for example 5000 euros for one kilo he pays 1000 for a kilo, but the prices for a simple user remains the same!
Except that the weed here is not something "healthy" in not bio. As i mentions before because of the low quality weed the import the THC lever are very low and ever people who smoke once every few month cannot get stones, imagine a regular user how much must to smoke to get high, so in order to make the weed stronger that spray it with chemicals(i dont know what kind of chemicals ). Also in order to make the weed smells good they spray it with something thats smells like eucalyptus or something witch the smell is similar to wee. The also put the weed inside water in order the weed to gain weight. So i you buy 1 gr you will probably get 0.7.
Due to the above facts except the fact that you have to add a lot of weed in a joint in order to get high cause of the weeds bad quality you may also fell pain in the stomach of have acid reflex or you might puke and things like that.Basically we can fell that there is a chemical in your body-stomach So if you have any stomach issues weed in cyprus is not for you. And now the buzz you will get is not a "clear" buszz its lets say "dirty" if you smoke a lot you will fell like a zombie you might have headache and the next day you may fell hangover symptoms similar those of alcohol abuse.Also a friend of mine who is working as a psychiatrist told me that they analyse weed is medical labatories (i dont know if it was import weed or cyprus weed) a lot of time and they have find something on it i dont remember what it was called or if it was a hormone or any other chemical which this chemical is used on the tree in order to grow up much faster. This thing(hormone-chemical i don remember) he told me that it creates some form of oil into the leaves of weed that it might cause serious psychosis full with with serious psychosis and the last 1-2 years psychiatrist have a lot of patients with psychosis and the doctors didnt have a clue where this psychosis come from until they make this weed analyses and the result was the most of these people they were heavy weed smokers but know ones could imagine that weed is full fit with this shity chemicals .I have smoke weed from a lot of dealers and also have friend who smoke and buy from different dealers that i do and its all the same shit. Similar prices, similar shity quality. So my advise if you still want to get high in cyprus during your holiday period the best way is to buy weed or oil from your country and turn it into E-LIQUID and bring it in 10 or 30 ml bottles (real e liquid bottles with the e liquid brand on it) you can also add some flavor on it in order not to smell and its better not to put it in your travel bag because i dont know if there any police dogs where the bags checkd and smell it its better to keep it in your pocket or in your handbag and have also an e cigarette with you so in any case they search you or something you can say that is your e liquid for your e-cig. and you can smoke it on an e cigarette.
i see to smoke a lot but now due to all the reason i mention above i smoke only once or twice a month and every time i do this the next day i regret it because i feel like shit. So my advise forget about weed here is not worth it. I hope my post give you some usefull information

So what my guy is saying is there is a major gap in the market for one of us to pack up move to Cyprus to nourish their people with good quality reasonably price ganja :dance013: