What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

African Strains

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Alfred, African Seed Bank is no longer. :frown: You can still find a few things by them around, but they will be old stock. Seed Boutique has a couple of strains. Hope this helps...peace, HL

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Ok, this is how my Jock Horror responded to girdling & perforating. "All" the purple that was there, is almost gone and the buds are lighter colored. All the big fan leaves have yellower or died. There is litte amount of new resin on the bud´s. I missed her harvest window, so this was welcome :D

Here we see the treatment she received:

The "girdled part" starts from the mud which came this high while flushing..

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Ok, here are the last pic´s of the girdled JH. I harvested her yesterday and took couple photos before that, this is how the JH did look just before the harvest:

I would love to hear more information of similar techniques.

I really do thing that we could see the benefits of girdling better if I have got the option to harvest the plant next week, so the girdling & perforating would have more time to effect... But, we gonna see it when my Neville´s Haze is harvested, because I am going to do the same trick to her. (maybe harder.)

Last edited:
Hi herbalistic... very very good jock horror.
As soon as posible i´ll have seeds of Black Maconde. I´ll try obtain seeds creating male flowers on a cut of female. I don´t use chemical products, if it´s good, i´ll send seeds. What think? could be viable?

peace.

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Originally posted by Derrayld on Overgrow 02-07-2003 :D

"There was a big problem a while back with a crop of congo that came in that quite clearly was just a darker swazi.
Loads of it had also been stored wet so it seemed darker but was also molding.
Ppl bought it and smoked and still believed it was congo.

Some folks nowadays are too gullible"

:D :D :D

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Olá!!!

Alfred: Why wont them seeds be viable? So you only have this Black Macombe in clone form?? It really would be nice to try that strain.

Raco: It´s a shame when people sell buds that been colored by MOLD :yoinks: and make the buyers believe it´s some dark congo because of the color!

B

bonecarver_OG

hehe good ol derrayld :D wonder where he is now :D

jeesus im lazy-.. i know i promised some pics ages back (well im gonna take time and dive into my gallery to see what ican find :D

peace all - brb

B

bonecarver_OG

herbalistic - most weed thats comercial block in the third world IS moulded, has fungus etc. it is usually them that give the compressed blocks the funny urine-like smell. its mainly due to bad drying and or wetting before pressing- (some places they even pee on the bales before they put it thru the press.)

yeah man some of the colombian i came past in costarica had ORANGE spots on it. :D thats for colourfull weed hehe.

well here are some pics :D

ALL THESE FOLLOWING BUDS WERE GROWN BY LA MANO NEGRA

etiopian

B

bonecarver_OG

well - the smoke reports of the above sativa landraces and crosses:

30/12

congo - landrace sativa from africa - grown by LMN

apearence: leafy, with small calyx, resinous

smell: lemon, lime, and hint of green tea / te verde

taste: spicy woody with hints of caramel

high: up high, meditative - stronger than it looks!

conclusion: nice!

angola verde
- landrace sativa from africa - grown by LMN

look: very nice looking buds, quite solid

smell: lime, sweet

sabor: citric lemon, nice taste

high: up high, quite strong :D

conclusion : very good

thai mexico
- cross of landraces, sativas - grown by LMN

look : purple calyx tigh clusters of calyx, very hard nugs

smell: fruity tea mango

taste: berryish flavour

high: quite strong and a bit trippy

conclcusion: very good!

congo1 - landrace sativa from africa - grown by LMN

look: round quite solid buds

smell: low smell, herbal

taste: woody, spicy, honey hints

high: strong high - very nice quick rushy up high and then relaxing :D

conclusion: nice buds! UN FAVORITO

etiopian - landrace sativa from africa - grown by LMN

look - nice red buds, quite solid !

smell: minty herbal, rosemary

taste: minty herbal

high: nice up high - quite potent

conclusion: very nice

the menu:

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great reports bone :yes:ty :wink:

posted by Derrayld 02-25-2003:
"I forgot to add that swazi in my opinion has the strongest smell even when it comes to lighting it up.
Also for some reason,when I role the same size joint of say TK or Purple Power for example the amount of smoke is tiny compared to swazi.
You light up a swazi joint and it initally stinks.good stink but a stink nonetheless.
You blow out the smoke and lung fulls come out.
More smoke,more smell,more,more,more,more,must have more :wink: "

Where´s Derrayld btw? :D

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great reports, bone! All the better when I'm growing out some of these strains! :D
Raco, thx for having some Derrayld quotes to share! :wink:
Herbalistic, thx for taking the inititive on the girdling technique! Hope it results in a tastier end-product. :D:yes:

medjool

WOW bone............. impressive.....
:D :D :D

where's Derrayld, Marksurfs and Timbo ??? :yoinks:
I bet we could add to that list since the demise of OG
it's a shame...

mrs m

Latest posts

Latest posts