What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Noob needs advice final flush :D

BHAM!

Hello smmookerss
i'm at the end of my cycle, like some days ago i started seeing some trichomes becoming amber, i thought i planned everything good to arrive at this point with yellow at lest yellowish leaves but nothing, they still rock solid green, it's been 1 last week of only ph'ed tap water mixed 30/50% with demineralized water, and the week before 1 day solution 0.8 ec (during flower i was giving them 1.2 ec) and 1 day ph'ed tap water then the week even before only solution ec 0.7/8 .
I gave them also 2 times "a flush" but not really flush because i couldnt give them 15L of demineralized water each so i gave them a bit more than 5L..
I always had watered with little runoff, from flowering 2x a day hand watering..
They are in 2 gallon smart pot but with the last and first centimeters with hydroton
I have in my hand Canna Flush but if i have to cut them like this week i think it's too late?
Anyone advice?

ps. i thought of going in the shower and just gave them like 20L or more of tap water, but i can't because i'm not growing in my house and i should move the plant too much to bring them inside the bathroom.... :(
so the plants looks like these (the yellowing on top of plants is just because i have leds too close to them, can't do anything for it)

picture.php

View image in gallery

GoatCheese

Veteran
Try flushing them more if you can. Larger volume of water, there is no other tricks.

I'm not a coco grower, thou i have tried it few times. Proper leaching/flushing takes some weeks, even longer in soil.

coco-medium will hold nutrients for the plant to use a good while after you stopped giving them nutrients.
Those could go few weeks till you have nice yellow/flushed flowers.

Nice plants, amigo! Keep flushing.

:)

I like to ph my tap water to 6.0 and feed that to barely any run off for the last 2 weeks so the plant uses up everything it has left.

al70

Veteran
a little calmag will also help to clear any remaining nutrients, goodluck, plants look amazing.

MrBungle

take a sample and smoke it before you decide to "flush" your plants.... you might be flushing away some taste..

I just cut back on feed at the end... flushing is for toilets

G

ganjygav

Just feed them plain water,they will use up all nutrients naturally and yellow. This normally takes about 2 weeks for me in soil maybe a few days more and my finished product burns clean.

GoatCheese

Veteran
take a sample and smoke it before you decide to "flush" your plants.... you might be flushing away some taste..

I just cut back on feed at the end... flushing is for toilets

Only "taste" that flushing gets rid of, is the BURNED TASTE!

MrBungle

Only "taste" that flushing gets rid of, is the BURNED TASTE!

I guess that depends on your feeding practices leading up to finishing... for me the plants are naturally changing without the need to disrupt the plant's uptake processes

Jajda z okjesu

Veteran
At start sorry for my bad english, if know more post me pm. So, if you are flushing you need not lot of watering by shower.Try flushing continual for 2-3 weeks give only water without bloom fertilizer. If medium will be clear without fertilizers , leaves of flowers will go to yellow.

I run coco. I’ve flushed just about every way you can think of. My people seem to like the bud the best when i don’t really flush at all. I’ll take my 6/9 and drop it down to like 200ppm with tap water and feed with no runoff as I said before. Make sure the coco stays moist even if you have to feed it 10 times a day. My ladies are always nice and faded...burn to grey ash in 12-14 days. I think you rid coco of salts much more efficiently with a low ppm feed vs. straight tap or r.o.

GoatCheese

Veteran
I guess that depends on your feeding practices leading up to finishing... for me the plants are naturally changing without the need to disrupt the plant's uptake processes
You're supposed to disrupt the uptake process. We are growing indoor MARIJUANA, not just plants.
There is no need to flush a tomato-plant but there sure is need to flush an indoor marijuana plant.

It's the unused nutrients in plant matter that make marijuana have a burned taste and to not burn proprly in a joint.

Do a side by side experiment next grow, Two clones; one you grow the way you normally grow and the other, you stop feeding them atleast 3 weeks before harvest (till it goes yellow)

You will find out that:

- The yellow plant will be smoother the smoke

- Not much difference in strenght of aroma, if at all

- You'll taste the yellow-weed better cause there isn't so much burned taste ruining the flavor

- Ash after cumbustion will be lighter in color for the yellow-plant. White if the flush was done right.

But if some of you want to harvest "healthy green looking plants". Go ahead. It's not me smoking that stuff.:)

Peace

al70

Veteran
most nutrients need calmag to move around flush without calmag will lockin the shit you're tryin to get rid off, last week of flush, plain water, goodluck.

Absolem

"Flushing" isn't even a term used in horticulture, it's only used in the cannabis community because of a lack of horticultural understanding . It's too bad one of these "flushing" experts doesn't go to the tobacco/cigar companies and make big bucks showing them how to "flush" their product.

Last edited:

GoatCheese

Veteran
"Flushing" isn't even a term used in horticulture, it's only used in the cannabis community because of a lack of horticultural understanding . It's too bad one of these "flushing" experts doesn't go to the tobacco/cigar companies and make big bucks showing them how to "flush" their product.
Outdoor cannabis plants, unless they're being grown in containers, won't get a flush either, so you don't really have a proper argument.

How much water resources would be wasted if tobacco farmers would start flushing the soil?? How much would that cost? E-mail a tobacco company and ask if flushing tobacco sounds realistic to them.

Many times people, who claim flushing is completely unnecessary, actually don't have real arguments or facts to back their opinion, they just make such a claim.

The outdoor weed that i have smoked hasn't been as smooth as flushed indoor bud. The tobacco i have smoked was never as smooth as flushed indoor bud. Unflushed indoor bud is prolly harsher than tobacco, imo. = real argument.
---

Yea, it's the right "horticultural terminology" that makes weed smoke the right way, ay.

Some ...uneducated ...cannabis growers use the term "leeching" for giving nothing but water for the plant, which makes the plant use the leftover nutes in the grow medium, and later in the leaves/flowers to make the plant turn yellow.

Term "flushing" is used when extra nutrients are being washed off the grow medium; incase of over fertilization, or when people want their indoor plants turn yellow abit faster.
---

Are you claiming, that there is no difference in the smoking quality of weed if the plant is starved, so that it turns yellow
..or if it's fertilized right till harvest?
Is this what you're claiming?

G

ganjygav

Outdoor cannabis plants, unless they're being grown in containers, won't get a flush either, so you don't really have a proper argument.

How much water resources would be wasted if tobacco farmers would start flushing the soil?? How much would that cost? E-mail a tobacco company and ask if flushing tobacco sounds realistic to them.

Many times people, who claim flushing is completely unnecessary, actually don't have real arguments or facts to back their opinion, they just make such a claim.

The outdoor weed that i have smoked hasn't been as smooth as flushed indoor bud. The tobacco i have smoked was never as smooth as flushed indoor bud. Unflushed indoor bud is prolly harsher than tobacco, imo. = real argument.
---

Yea, it's the right "horticultural terminology" that makes weed smoke the right way, ay.

Some ...uneducated ...cannabis growers use the term "leeching" for giving nothing but water for the plant, which makes the plant use the leftover nutes in the grow medium, and later in the leaves/flowers to make the plant turn yellow.

Term "flushing" is used when extra nutrients are being washed off the grow medium; incase of over fertilization, or when people want their indoor plants turn yellow abit faster.
---

Are you claiming, that there is no difference in the smoking quality of weed if the plant is starved, so that it turns yellow
..or if it's fertilized right till harvest?
Is this what you're claiming?

There's lots of information and practices without real arguments or real evidence to back it Up in our community.
Like flushing for instance. People are going to do what they feel is best. There's no set in stone rule with growing Cannabis, just a lot of "someone else said"
Do what you're gonna do.

GoatCheese

Veteran
There's lots of information and practices without real arguments or real evidence to back it Up in our community.
Like flushing for instance. People are going to do what they feel is best. There's no set in stone rule with growing Cannabis, just a lot of "someone else said"
Do what you're gonna do.
Sure, people can do what they want.

But, they are replying to a thread where a person asked how to make his/her plants starve and go yellow, and these people come in and claim flushing is not needed, in another words "it doesn't matter if you flush you plants or not". And imo this is a wrong advice.

If you don't have personal experiences with proper flushing and you have no experience smoking flushed and unflushed weed, then why reply at all??
..cause you can ruin other people's harvest by giving shitty advices/wrong info. = not very cool.

And what i have more or less been saying is that..
..When the leeching/flushing has been done right, EVERYONE will notice the difference compared to unflushed plant. Imo, there shouldn't even be a debate on the subject, the difference is that noticeable.

But if people rather flush their toilets, not their indoor plants, then go ahead, as long as i don't have to smoke that stuff. No worries.

Maybe i'm done with this topic cause i can't say much more about it, and my point is quite clear.

Peace.:)

Gents, please listen to what Goatscheese is saying....

He is spot on, the difference in a properly flushed crop verses a crop that hasn't been flushed is very noticeable..

I have friends that if the ash on the joint isn't white/grey they will throw it away...

Weed that isn't flushed will not burn correctly, will always have dark/black ash... Why would you want to put that in your body..?

G

ganjygav

I thought you were advocating that he flushes his plant with 3x the water of their pot size. I do feed my plants with plain water for at least 2 weeks before crop.
I don't run gallons of water through the pot though. I barely get any run off in fact I give less water to my plants in the flush stage.
They still yellow.
This is just a confusion of people's different definitions of the term flush. I apologize for my part but I would never suggest cropping without clearing the plants first.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

MrBungle

Yadda Yadda Yadda, white ash occurs when pot is properly cured.. it remains black and sooty when there is moisture still in the buds...

I call BS on the whole flushing idea...... There is no scientific proof that it does anything to the plant.... but there is plenty of proof that plants need nutrients to survive.....

If you read the first post I made on this thread, it said to test the smoke before you flush.... That would in no way mean to chop up your entire harvest....

Cut back on feeding towards the end... Only plain water last couple feedings is all you really need to do
Save some water for the fishes