What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chat is fixed!

Skip

Veteran
UPDATE: OK, folks, I managed to find a chat that works! :)

Try it here:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/chat/

Let me know if you have any problems with it.
Only one room for now.

We are sorry to say that Chat access isn't working now that we've secured the site. The Chat uses different security that does not work with ssl/https. Our current chat module is ancient and the company is no longer able to provide a chat that works properly in this secure environment.

So bear with us while we search for a new chatroom.

If you have any suggestions we can check out, let us know!

It must work with vBulletin database.

We don't want to host the chat on someone else's server, so that eliminates a lot of them. And no we don't want IRC either.

In the meantime, you're welcome to open up a chat thread in the forum.

Last edited:

yts farmer

Veteran
Over all the years chat has been available it never worked for me either using a pc, laptop or even a smartphone.

Peace.

Skip

Veteran
Over all the years chat has been available it never worked for me either using a pc, laptop or even a smartphone.

Peace.
It's just a browser issue that requires you to make a couple of extra clicks to get in. but now it's not allowing access at all...

rolandomota

Theirs a chat room??? Well i learned something new today lol by the way i use quick reply by clicking on "post reply" twice

Americangrower

Veteran
OK maybe I'm a moron but how the hell do I send a chat text. I can type in box but there is no send?
Nevermind figure it out.

Last edited:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Common courtesy would be to say "hello" when entering chat. Especially if the locals dont know you yet :)

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sound is present ... we can hear the ding ding when someone enters. My point is that its courtesy that you come in and say hello. If no one has ever met you before and you come in and sit and just watch the conversation ..without even a greeting.... it makes some ppl uncomfortable. So be friendly and courteous ... drop into chat and say hello lets all get to know each other a little . Who knows you might get lucky and meet one of the local "celebrities " that drop in ... like Gypsy Nirvana :)

DrLongbottom

Veteran
can we put the 50 post requirement back on?
whole lotta lurking going on (not as bad when it's a known forum member)

theJointedOne

Veteran
chat loads, but nothing i type comes up on the screen today. Super lagg?? not sure whats up but its not working.